Skype adds video message function

Lite Beer

Skype adds video message function

Skype users can now send each other short video messages.

The new form of communication - called Video Messages - can be up to three minutes long and sent to all contacts, whether or not they are currently logged on, reported Skype, which is owned by Microsoft.

To start a recording, click on the Video Message option and then Record.

There’s an option to review the message or delete it before sending. It’s a free feature with no limitations, available in Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Blackberry versions of Skype

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-26

• Like 1

you gotta update first before youll get it ??

ok i see works only between skype and skype the users still on messenger cannot be video messaged

Edited by retell

This was already available more than a month ago………..

can be, do not use skype so much ( maybe cos nothing to tell mr thaksin) and my sister in holland made it a hobby to keep her msn working as long as possible

Edited by retell

Splendid.

Now the NRA can see you as well as listen in.

they do not need skype for that

Indeed - the newly announced XBox One with its always-on Kinect will do the job nicely

I expect the next constitutional amendment will read something like - ...the freedom to do blah blah so long as we can watch and listen...

"To start a recording, click on the Video Message option and then Record."

Where do you see a Record button ?

notm its under "conversation-send-videomessage

and then you will see a record button

Edited by retell

Good to know....Thanks !

at least it shhould nbe like that never even did a video message 555

just know how to start one ( i think)

Edited by retell

Wonder if they had Thaksin in mind.

I think you have just set a new TV record. On a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with him you have managed to mention Thaksin in the first post. Usually takes 5 or 6 posts before he gets spammed.

• Like 2

I think you have just set a new TV record. On a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with him you have managed to mention Thaksin in the first post. Usually takes 5 or 6 posts before he gets spammed.

guy gotta have a hobby

It doesn't say anything about cost for video messaging on my laptop so I presume they're all free from a PC, but on my mobile it says I have 25 free video messages available which suggests after they've been used any further messages are chargeable.sad.png

fyi, one of the tech podcasts I follow reported the other day that, at least as of current, MS has NOT provided this feature as yet for Windows 8 phone devices...

Ironically, they've updated their Skype apps for all kinds of other platforms, even including Blackberry mobile phones... But not yet Win 8 phones.... Go figure.

So, who else in Thailand would benefit from Skype? Is this a serious discussion or am I missing something?

This was already available more than a month ago………..

I must admit - I was thinking I'd sent one last month from Skype on my phone, and was wondering how this is news.

Apparently the mobile app was updated to include video messages last month but the PC Skype update only came out a few days ago.