TOT Internet problems

roly

Anyone having TOT Internet problems? I live up at emerald near 112. It was down 3 hours Monday. 2 hours yesterday and already been off 3 hours today. Apparently it's everyone there and also a friend up at hillside hamlet. Just wondered if there's a big Internet problem going on?

Had a few problems here on Soi 102 but only off for a couple of minutes now and again

I have always found the call center to be excellent, if you need a techichan to visit your house and insist to the operator you need them there for the next morning then they usually show up

Well ordinarily I would call them but since it's everyone up at the village and the neighbouring one, I guess they've got some major problems somewhere that won't be solved by coming to the house. Unfortunately where we live, we can't change from TOT either - that's the only ISP that's permitted at Emerald, I guess there's some agreement in place.......if it keeps up I will end up moving house. There's no 3G out there either so I can't even use that as a backup! ho hum

• 3 weeks later...

My Internet has gone from bad to worse. It's now only my house and not every one else. They technicians have been twice. First time they just disconnected and reconnected the cable outside. It was fine for a day, then off again. Next time they came it actually was not working. Miraculously after restarting the router it did work. They concluded it was a router problem and said I could get a free one on Wednesday (this was Saturday they came) as it's a Buddha day 2 days in HH. I took a chance and bought a new router - but the same problem occurred, on and off, on and off, totally unpredictable all day. The router says the ADSL line is down, so it's clearly a problem with the cable or switch box, maybe the cable into the house. So, we'll see what they can do on Wednesday.

If it's not fixed permanently I'm moving house closer to town. I spoke with 3BB in market village and they said you can get 100 Mbps fibre optic in soi 102. It's about 10,000 a month for 100, or 5,000 a month for 50 mbps. If I can get 50 mbps fibre somewhere, that's what I'm going to go for. But for me, it's not the speed that's important (10 mbps is fine), it's the reliability. Unfortunately, up at Emerald I've had 8 months of TERRIBLE Internet. So, I advise anyone that depends on the Internet, not to live out in the sticks too far from town with only 1 internet provider, as it's ultimately a nightmare if you rely on the Internet on a daily basis.

It's a bit annoying because I actually really love living up there, but the bad Internet is now a deal breaker for me.... :-(

TOT internet just sucks . We have already 4 days no internet and informed call center and all what you get from asnwers we do not know . They have NOT a technician standby during 4 days . Everybody has to wait till technician comes back from holiday (Buddha holidays). There should be a spare technician only problem call center do not know who is on duty . The worse service from TOT you can get . Totally unuseful and a bunch of idiots