Whats the Latest about UK Premier League Football

Pdavies99

At the back end of last season I was able to watch most Chelsea matches (which is all I'm actually interested in) on Sophon Cable. From what I've read it seems unlikely that they will have anything this season but I'm going to wait and see just in case. Much as I prefer to watch at home, it won't be too much of a hardship to go a to a bar to watch for a couple of weeks. As I don't watch anything else on Tv the installation cost plus monthly subscription just to watch the football are worth avoiding if possible.

Fair enough, nothing wrong with hedging your bets and if you don't mind watching the matches with a load of inbreds every week.

• Like 1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reports on the satellite signal quality, I have heard that some have experienced signal loss and it is very dependent on whether it's raining in vietnam as apparently the signal comes from a Vietnamese satellite.

Also any word on whether English commentary will be available on the CTH system for EPL matches ?

Any reports on the satellite signal quality, I have heard that some have experienced signal loss and it is very dependent on whether it's raining in vietnam as apparently the signal comes from a Vietnamese satellite.

Also any word on whether English commentary will be available on the CTH system for EPL matches ?

At this precise time CTH are showing live coverage of the Asia trophy involving Spurs,Sunderland and Man City as well as South China as its the only Premiership competition outside of the UK,hence why CTH have the coverage.

Reports from the Spurs thread say there is no English commentary for this game however.

BPL1 now transmitting spurs v Sunderland live from HK. Brilliant HD picture. Ch 131

No English commentary. Green button not working

Everybody on CTH please call 080 911 0388.... Tell their operators no English commentary unacceptable..... My missus just gave em <deleted>!!

Need as many complaints as possible to sort this for 17 August

BPL1 now transmitting spurs v Sunderland live from HK. Brilliant HD picture. Ch 131

Everybody on CTH please call 080 911 0388.... Tell their operators no English commentary unacceptable..... My missus just gave em <deleted>!!

I think people may be in for a nasty surprise with this

When True/CTH buy the rights to the EPL the commentary rights are a separate package they have to buy

I seem to remember True trumpeting that they had the last world cup on HD, however when the tournament kicked off it was only Thai commentary and not good one at that, just 2 Thai guys sat in a room watching it on TV and commentating

When True/CTH buy the rights to the EPL the commentary rights are a separate package they have to buy

I seem to remember True trumpeting that they had the last world cup on HD, however when the tournament kicked off it was only Thai commentary and not good one at that, just 2 Thai guys sat in a room watching it on TV and commentating

TRUE have never had the world cup.

You are right, I meant the last Euro Championship, last year

You are right, I meant the last Euro Championship, last year

They never had that either. You should give up mate.

You should be more polite "mate"

Grammy shown it, but the commentary was in Thai as they did not buy the rights to the commentary, wonder if the new cable company will be the same?

Edited by darrendsd

Grammy shown it, but the commentary was in Thai as they did not buy the rights to the commentary, wonder if the new cable company will be the same?

Ah, getting all precious are we. Grow a pair mate and stop being so easily offended.

So it's Grammy now is it....make your mind up.

No, I'm fully expecting CTH to have English commentary.

Just been down there, she told me that I am getting installed tomorrow. The 20th was actually the last date they gave me.

Pompey - When did you pay your money? maybe you are in a queue...they seem to be getting their act together now so I'm sure that you will be fine.

Well done you! Maybe you are correct and they are working on first come first served, lets hope so anyway. I have spoken to CTH Bangkok and they say Pattaya will get a delivery of 50 boxes on 25th. Guess it's wait and see.

CTH shop called today - 24th - to say box will be installed tomorrow afternoon for sure. Let's hope they make good on their promise!

They will be there for sure. Make sure you stay home because they dont call you first, they just turn up.

Well the good news is that I have the boxes installed. The not so bad news is that there is no signal until Tuesday or so they say. Guess it's a count your blessings scenario. Only have to wait for Arsenal to sign their targets and then the world will be perfect.!

Just been down there, she told me that I am getting installed tomorrow. The 20th was actually the last date they gave me.

Pompey - When did you pay your money? maybe you are in a queue...they seem to be getting their act together now so I'm sure that you will be fine.

Well done you! Maybe you are correct and they are working on first come first served, lets hope so anyway. I have spoken to CTH Bangkok and they say Pattaya will get a delivery of 50 boxes on 25th. Guess it's wait and see.

CTH shop called today - 24th - to say box will be installed tomorrow afternoon for sure. Let's hope they make good on their promise!

They will be there for sure. Make sure you stay home because they dont call you first, they just turn up.

Well the good news is that I have the boxes installed. The not so bad news is that there is no signal until Tuesday or so they say. Guess it's a count your blessings scenario. Only have to wait for Arsenal to sign their targets and then the world will be perfect.!

Why is there no signal until Tuesday ?

Ah, getting all precious are we. Grow a pair mate and stop being so easily offended.

So it's Grammy now is it....make your mind up.

No, I'm fully expecting CTH to have English commentary.

I hope you're right "mate"

One out come is it sounds like its going to be very expensive for bars to show the games legally, heard about B5000 per screen per month being quoted, that will rule out the smaller places, can any bar owners confirm?

Spoke to a guy who has a bar/restaurant in Hua Hin today, his girlfriend called CTH and was quoted 12000 Baht for 1 year, the price includes Box, installation and a years subscription.

One out come is it sounds like its going to be very expensive for bars to show the games legally, heard about B5000 per screen per month being quoted, that will rule out the smaller places, can any bar owners confirm?

Ah, scaremongering at it's finest.

Why on earth would it be more expensive for a bar?? It's no different, it's a dish and a box....furthermore, why would CTH price themselves out of so much biz when they have only just started.

Ridiculous.

Odered CTH satellite system on Wednesday 24th July. It was installed this morning. Shop is in Nern Plub Wan about opposite Esso. You can't miss the shop, there's a variety of satellite dishes outside. I have no connection with the shop whatsoever.

Working fine, now all I've got to do is get the hang of the remote (lol), and wait for the EPL to start.

Edited by wineman
  • Like 1

Went to IT Care on South Pattaya Rd today to ask why my box hadn't been fitted. I was told that they are only fitting houses and not commercial venues, pubs, restaurants and bars, because CTH has yet to decide on a price and the police will be checking venues for permits.

I remember on the day CTH won the rights that I posted in this forum , somewhere, that the police would get involved with this new supplier and now, here we are, 3 weeks before kick off and I was right.

I was told to call them in a week to see what the situation was, but she has been told by CTH not to fit any commercial venues. So obviously, we get more frustrated, worried about our business, and then when they decide on a sky high price, we have to pay or the police get involved. Welcome to Thailand.

Odered CTH satellite system on Wednesday 24th July. It was installed this morning. Shop is in Nern Plub Wan about opposite Esso. You can't miss the shop, there's a variety of satellite dishes outside. I have no connection with the shop whatsoever.

Working fine, now all I've got to do is get the hang of the remote (lol), and wait for the EPL to start.

First i've heard of another shop apart from the one on Pattaya Tai.

May I ask how much they charged you to install in total?

Why on earth would it be more expensive for a bar?? It's no different, it's a dish and a box....furthermore, why would CTH price themselves out of so much biz when they have only just started.

Ridiculous.

Not ridiculous at all.

There are different rules for watching content at home and showing them at a public venue.

Much the same rules which state that if you want to play a music CD in your bar, even if you own and paid for said CD, you have to have a separate copyright license allowing you to do so in a public place!

Same pretty much all over the world.

For some reason this has never been really enforced with Truevisions, maybe they were simply to powerful.

Although I do remember that for some big event (world cup, Europa cup or Olympics), a special fee had to be paid by bars/restaurants, after wich they were issued a special sticker stating they were licensed to show the event, so there definitely is a precedent!

• Like 1

Went to IT Care on South Pattaya Rd today to ask why my box hadn't been fitted. I was told that they are only fitting houses and not commercial venues, pubs, restaurants and bars, because CTH has yet to decide on a price and the police will be checking venues for permits.

I remember on the day CTH won the rights that I posted in this forum , somewhere, that the police would get involved with this new supplier and now, here we are, 3 weeks before kick off and I was right.

I was told to call them in a week to see what the situation was, but she has been told by CTH not to fit any commercial venues. So obviously, we get more frustrated, worried about our business, and then when they decide on a sky high price, we have to pay or the police get involved. Welcome to Thailand.

It gets better and better...........

Can't get CTH at my (Bangkok) condo and now it looks like I won't be able to see the games in the bars either!angry.png

Ridiculous.

Because they can charge the bar for it, and the bar is profiting from having live sports for the punter, legitimate business can put it down in the account as expense.

If you run a bar and is bothered by the cost, you could try Sophon cable, sometime they show content that they don't have rights to, from DVD movies fresh off the market stalls to Sports from Malaysian channels.

I suppose if you're going down that road, why bother paying for music licence in your venue too it's just a cd player and speaker, like the one in your home right?

• Like 1

Ridiculous.

Sky in the UK charge pubs more I have heard of some have to pay 12k a year, maybe CTH are following their lead, will be bad news for bar owners here if they are

Why on earth would it be more expensive for a bar?? It's no different, it's a dish and a box....furthermore, why would CTH price themselves out of so much biz when they have only just started.

Ridiculous.

Sky in the UK charge pubs more I have heard of some have to pay 12k a year, maybe CTH are following their lead, will be bad news for bar owners here if they are

Fair chance CTH does not have the same clout as True...

And it's nothing copied from the West, the legal framework to charge public venues has been in place a long time, just never enforced...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't have an issue with CTH charging more for commercial use, I would just like to know how much, so I can make a decision on weather to install or not, and then would like instillation in time for match day 1

I think CTH are holding back to make us sweat.

BTW, IT Care had plenty of boxes, so it's not them, it's CTH.

I don't have an issue with CTH charging more for commercial use, I would just like to know how much, so I can make a decision on weather to install or not, and then would like instillation in time for match day 1

yeag, they're slow getting organized.

As long as they don't get dual pricing with elevated prices for Western bars/pubs/resto's...

yeag, they're slow getting organized.

As long as they don't get dual pricing with elevated prices for Western bars/pubs/resto's...

Well they've (over)paid for it, so I would imagine they'll be doing everything they can to maximise the profits they can make. It's universally accepted that if the product is used to benefit a business than additional fees should be payable. I do agree however that the commercial use prices should not be "elevated" for western bars!

Ridiculous.

Because they can charge the bar for it, and the bar is profiting from having live sports for the punter, legitimate business can put it down in the account as expense.

If you run a bar and is bothered by the cost, you could try Sophon cable, sometime they show content that they don't have rights to, from DVD movies fresh off the market stalls to Sports from Malaysian channels.

I suppose if you're going down that road, why bother paying for music licence in your venue too it's just a cd player and speaker, like the one in your home right?

Yea fair enough, I just assumed it would be the same as True, ie pay the same price.

Not good news for bar owners then....come the 17th August there are going to be a lot of condos and bars without the football. This is all a bit of a mess isn't it.

Just had CTH in and we went through Business prices, I thought it would be by the amount of tables but it was in fact screen size. Up to 32 inch 1,500 Per Month, 32" to 50" 2,500 per Month, 51" to 80" 3,500 Per Month, Projector 5,000 Per Month. Set up including Box and Dish 4,500, Premier League games with English commentary, price includes license fee. Home prices 899 Per Month and 3,500 set up, there are yearly options and other deals but the way I look at it is if True dump Football so can CTH next year.