Whats the Latest about UK Premier League Football

Pdavies99

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sophon have the Liverpool Stoke match on now. Relaying Astro. Only in Thailand.

as this game was on, I wrote an email to the Premier League complaining that I had paid for an expensive subscription from the official broadcaster and this cable company were showing it live to their subscribers. I included the contact details for Sophon Cable. I noticed that there was no live EPL on Sophon this weekend. I suppose it would be egotistical of me to believe that it was my email that did it. I didn't even get a reply from the PL.
  • Like 1

as this game was on, I wrote an email to the Premier League complaining that I had paid for an expensive subscription from the official broadcaster and this cable company were showing it live to their subscribers. I included the contact details for Sophon Cable. I noticed that there was no live EPL on Sophon this weekend. I suppose it would be egotistical of me to believe that it was my email that did it. I didn't even get a reply from the PL.

I take it you dont have Sophon then!!!! so you want to spoil it for other people, nice one big man, bet you sleep better now!

I think that is the most disgraceful thing I have ever read, it made my toes curl. Still, this is Thai Visa, so I shouldn't really be suprised.

And how in your wisdom is CTH 'expensive'?

Should write to Astro too, most licensee of EPL would have 'no spillover' in their contract, meaning that you only licence it for your territory and neighbouring countries shouldn't be able to receive your broadcast, hence the blackout of free-to-air channel 9 on unencrypted sattellite (old style black dish)

By the way for anyone who does not know and who may prefer the excitement of radio on smart phone, all premiership games are broadcast live on Talk Sport as well as other competitions involving English teams. Totally free though registration required via Tune In Radio. Seperate commentaries of every single Premiership game etc., on different streams for English, Spanish and Mandarin. On matchday weekends and weekdays can also listen to live updates from all games from Sky Sport News Radio. Again free.

Speaking for myself I prefer the above radio live broadcasts to the television.

By the way for anyone who does not know and who may prefer the excitement of radio on smart phone, all premiership games are broadcast live on Talk Sport as well as other competitions involving English teams. Totally free though registration required via Tune In Radio. Seperate commentaries of every single Premiership game etc., on different streams for English, Spanish and Mandarin. On matchday weekends and weekdays can also listen to live updates from all games from Sky Sport News Radio. Again free.

Speaking for myself I prefer the above radio live broadcasts to the television.

Proper old school that is. I use to enjoy listening to football on the radio back when.

The United game was live on Channel 9 last night. But only Thai commentary.

United?

Rotherham United?

Carlise United?

Think he meant the Chelsea game.............they were playing someone or other United at Old Somewhere up north!

United?

Rotherham United?

Carlise United?

Think he meant the Chelsea game.............they were playing someone or other United at Old Somewhere up north!

Actually my post was dated 18 August and I was referring to the Swansea v United game. The Chelsea v United game was not on Channel 9.

United?

Rotherham United?

Carlise United?

Actually my post was dated 18 August and I was referring to the Swansea v United game. The Chelsea v United game was not on Channel 9.

Stop saying 'United' you massive cringe.

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago I came across this AIS/CTH Application which I have downloaded onto my Samsung Tab:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pjml.AIS_BPL_mobile&hl=en

Shows all the Premiership games live, same feed as CTH. My research tells me that whilst there were some teething problems when the App first came out, they are sorted now, I watched the Man U/Palace game last night. The screen froze half a dozen times during the match but mainly only for a few seconds. Have choice of English and Thai commentary.

I am quite pleased with the Application.

Can view the matches via 3G or Wi Fi. I spoke to AIS who tell me the charge is a bit over 200 baht monthly billed in arrears.

Edited by R123

• 8 months later...

There is a lot of CTH info and experiences on the other poorly named thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/615853-true-epl-coverage/page-31#entry6628621

Hardly poorly named. It was opened to discuss the demise of True's EPL coverage. It has simply evolved to provide information about where coverage is now available. As far as I am concerned I'll be waiting to what is actually provided by CTH in the first couple of weeks of the new season before taking the plunge.

You are waiting to see what is actually provided?

They are showing every game with 6 HD channels to boot. What else do you need to know and what other choice do you have anyway if you want to watch the football?

You can get SKY SPORTS 1,2,3,4 and BT and Setanta, at the races, racing uk, espn on the MAG250 no buffering or freezing. PM me if you want the chaps number.