Whats the Latest about UK Premier League Football

Pdavies99

We have signed up with CTH at the IT Shop on Pattaya Tai, they are waiting for boxes and say it will be around 15th July for installation...........heres hoping

They told me the 10th laugh.png Still, plenty of time anyway.

Different shops, different dates and I can see there will be confusion until the boxes themselves actually arrive.

The shop I was in today said boxes in on Monday 8th. Obviously a case of wait and see.

I'll post back when they do get them in :)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After visiting the IT Care shop and speaking with the one CTH rep in the shop,

i was not instilled with much confidence with having the option to subscribe with

their service.

He didn't have any paperwork, leaflets or brochures to show what they have to offer,

and told me that only south pattaya rd has their cabling system, the rest of Pattaya/Jomtien

will only work with satellite dishes.

If, like myself, live in a condo, then this could be a problem depending if the condo building allows individual satellite dishes to be installed and whether the position of the dishes would be viable.

After visiting the IT Care shop and speaking with the one CTH rep in the shop,

i was not instilled with much confidence with having the option to subscribe with

their service.

He didn't have any paperwork, leaflets or brochures to show what they have to offer,

and told me that only south pattaya rd has their cabling system, the rest of Pattaya/Jomtien

will only work with satellite dishes.

If, like myself, live in a condo, then this could be a problem depending if the condo building allows individual satellite dishes to be installed and whether the position of the dishes would be viable.

You may well be right with the condo situation and the best of luck with that as I would be concerned too if I lived in a condo.

Regarding the rest, I've been in that shop and placed my order and I think they will do what they say they will do, ableit maybe with a delay or two.

Can someone tell us where this IT care shop is on pattaya Tai and a working phone number as my mate has phoned this number 0852460007 and say's its is not in service. regards scotsman

Yes, where indeed? Someone quoted that it was opposite the LK Hotel on Pattaya Tai, but among all the LK Serviced apartment buildings which seem to be everywhere I have yet to notice anything called LK on Pattaya Tai.......it is a long road though..........Help please!

Can someone tell us where this IT care shop is on pattaya Tai and a working phone number as my mate has phoned this number 0852460007 and say's its is not in service. regards scotsman

Yes, where indeed? Someone quoted that it was opposite the LK Hotel on Pattaya Tai, but among all the LK Serviced apartment buildings which seem to be everywhere I have yet to notice anything called LK on Pattaya Tai.......it is a long road though..........Help please!

If you turn into Pattaya Tai from Sukhumvit the shop is not far down on your left, maybe around 150 metres, there is a little parade of shops and IT care is one near the end going away. And unless I really am going senile I'm sure there is the LK hotel opposite. LK something anyway...the L/L number is 038 375092

Edited by hotandhumid
  • Like 2

Hi

Hope I am in the correct section for what I am about to write. I went to CTH shop in Pattaya Tai on Monday and was told that I could have the new system they are promoting he following day. I paid my money and the technicians came the following day to instal the dish and wiring, however they said the boxes were not available until the 20th of this month. My question is ' have I been conned' or has anyone else been told this. reason I am concerned is that the guy in the shop who sold me the system, will not speak to me albeit I have been to the shop on Wednesday and Thursday, having agree with him he would be thre to see me and no I was in no way rude or aggresssive and observed the normal politeness.

Hi

Hope I am in the correct section for what I am about to write. I went to CTH shop in Pattaya Tai on Monday and was told that I could have the new system they are promoting he following day. I paid my money and the technicians came the following day to instal the dish and wiring, however they said the boxes were not available until the 20th of this month. My question is ' have I been conned' or has anyone else been told this. reason I am concerned is that the guy in the shop who sold me the system, will not speak to me albeit I have been to the shop on Wednesday and Thursday, having agree with him he would be thre to see me and no I was in no way rude or aggresssive and observed the normal politeness.

Need a bit more info....how much money have you handed over? and if he was conning you why would they install the dish at your house?

Have to admit I'm getting a little concerened now with these delivery dates keep getting pushed back. I have a small deposit with the shop in pattaya tai and was told the boxes would arrive on the 10th but haven't heard a thing.

Think I will pop down there in the morning to find out the latest. Will report back.

I popped into my local sat shop and he says another week!

Still, I can always go to the pub and watch the games smile.png

Yes, yes, replying to my own post.....

Had a word at my usual bar last night for watching football and they seemed to have no idea true had even lost the EPL !! clap2.gif

Sigh, had to explain about CTH and got blank looks.

Now then, what was that I foolishly said about watching footie in the bar?? cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Hi

Need a bit more info....how much money have you handed over? and if he was conning you why would they install the dish at your house?

Paid 3500 baht for dish and box . 1000 baht for new line and a years subscription at 899 baht but only had to pay for 10 months. Went to the shop today and told that the boxes are expected around the 20th, but that date could move either way. Seems Pattaya is way behind other parts of Thailand. Just hope that promise of box this month is realised, althjough first EPL game is 17th/18th August so there is still time.

Full CTH system installed at my house yesterday.

Blue dish,cabling and 3 boxes ( I like to watch EPL late kick-offs whilst in bed! ). Deposits,installation,cable,etc came to 8,500 baht and then 1,300 baht per month which is what I was quoted by the CTH head office.

The dish has to point South-West. The boxes (and remote control) are smaller than Truevision boxes.They have a smartcard slot presumably for future use.I'm waiting for the boxes to be activated by the CTH centre in BKK.

We used a company located off Sukhumvit, Pattaya Tai which my wife had contacted several weeks ago. They contacted us yesterday to say they had received only 20 boxes and dishes.

The satellite system gives you 115 channels of which 31 are HD.

I'm waiting to see how the CTH service pans out before making a decision over my current Truevision subscription.

• Like 1

They keep putting the dates back for the boxes, when we signed up we was told 1 July, then 10 july and now 20 july.......mmm

Have been told today - 19th - that boxes will not come until 25th or later - who is pulling whose leg????

Full CTH system installed at my house yesterday.

Blue dish,cabling and 3 boxes ( I like to watch EPL late kick-offs whilst in bed! ). Deposits,installation,cable,etc came to 8,500 baht and then 1,300 baht per month which is what I was quoted by the CTH head office.

The dish has to point South-West. The boxes (and remote control) are smaller than Truevision boxes.They have a smartcard slot presumably for future use.I'm waiting for the boxes to be activated by the CTH centre in BKK.

We used a company located off Sukhumvit, Pattaya Tai which my wife had contacted several weeks ago. They contacted us yesterday to say they had received only 20 boxes and dishes.

The satellite system gives you 115 channels of which 31 are HD.

I'm waiting to see how the CTH service pans out before making a decision over my current Truevision subscription.

Looks like you was one of the lucky ones, I put my deposit down there about a month ago!

They keep putting the dates back for the boxes, when we signed up we was told 1 July, then 10 july and now 20 july.......mmm

Have been told today - 19th - that boxes will not come until 25th or later - who is pulling whose leg????

This is getting silly now.

I'm shooting down there now, will let you know what they say.

Just been down there, she told me that I am getting installed tomorrow. The 20th was actually the last date they gave me.

Pompey - When did you pay your money? maybe you are in a queue...they seem to be getting their act together now so I'm sure that you will be fine.

Just been down there, she told me that I am getting installed tomorrow. The 20th was actually the last date they gave me.

Pompey - When did you pay your money? maybe you are in a queue...they seem to be getting their act together now so I'm sure that you will be fine.

Well done you! Maybe you are correct and they are working on first come first served, lets hope so anyway. I have spoken to CTH Bangkok and they say Pattaya will get a delivery of 50 boxes on 25th. Guess it's wait and see.

Well done you! Maybe you are correct and they are working on first come first served, lets hope so anyway. I have spoken to CTH Bangkok and they say Pattaya will get a delivery of 50 boxes on 25th. Guess it's wait and see.

So all sounds in order then. I was thinking today that we are probably going to be in a minority of people who are going to be hooked up....there doesn't seem to be hardly anyone who has this yet or is even close to it.

CTH shop called today - 24th - to say box will be installed tomorrow afternoon for sure. Let's hope they make good on their promise!

CTH shop called today - 24th - to say box will be installed tomorrow afternoon for sure. Let's hope they make good on their promise!

They will be there for sure. Make sure you stay home because they dont call you first, they just turn up.

There is a lot of CTH info and experiences on the other poorly named thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/615853-true-epl-coverage/page-31#entry6628621

Hardly poorly named. It was opened to discuss the demise of True's EPL coverage. It has simply evolved to provide information about where coverage is now available. As far as I am concerned I'll be waiting to what is actually provided by CTH in the first couple of weeks of the new season before taking the plunge.

There is a lot of CTH info and experiences on the other poorly named thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/615853-true-epl-coverage/page-31#entry6628621

Hardly poorly named. It was opened to discuss the demise of True's EPL coverage. It has simply evolved to provide information about where coverage is now available. As far as I am concerned I'll be waiting to what is actually provided by CTH in the first couple of weeks of the new season before taking the plunge.

You are waiting to see what is actually provided?

They are showing every game with 6 HD channels to boot. What else do you need to know and what other choice do you have anyway if you want to watch the football?

At the back end of last season I was able to watch most Chelsea matches (which is all I'm actually interested in) on Sophon Cable. From what I've read it seems unlikely that they will have anything this season but I'm going to wait and see just in case. Much as I prefer to watch at home, it won't be too much of a hardship to go a to a bar to watch for a couple of weeks. As I don't watch anything else on Tv the installation cost plus monthly subscription just to watch the football are worth avoiding if possible.

• Like 1