Whats the Latest about UK Premier League Football

Pdavies99

Is anybody able to view their CTH channels ?

I had a dish and box installed on the 17th of July and I'm still waiting for my box to be "activated". The only channels I can view are a handful of free ones.

I've phoned the CTH call centre in BKK and they tell me to contact the supplier in Pattaya. The supplier in Pattaya tells me to contact CTH in BKK. I'm been told no boxes in Chonburi have been activated.

If anybody in Pattaya/Chonburi is capable of viewing all of the channels please let me know and how and who activated your system ?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had CTH in and we went through Business prices, I thought it would be by the amount of tables but it was in fact screen size. Up to 32 inch 1,500 Per Month, 32" to 50" 2,500 per Month, 51" to 80" 3,500 Per Month, Projector 5,000 Per Month. Set up including Box and Dish 4,500, Premier League games with English commentary, price includes license fee. Home prices 899 Per Month and 3,500 set up, there are yearly options and other deals but the way I look at it is if True dump Football so can CTH next year.

True didn't dump it they got outbid for the rights by CTH who have a 3 year deal with the Premiership

We got activated on the day of installation over a week ago up in the rural North. Still waiting for the papers from CTH in the post so that I can go to the bank and pay the annual fee.

All channels have excellent reception.

Just had CTH in and we went through Business prices, I thought it would be by the amount of tables but it was in fact screen size. Up to 32 inch 1,500 Per Month, 32" to 50" 2,500 per Month, 51" to 80" 3,500 Per Month, Projector 5,000 Per Month. Set up including Box and Dish 4,500, Premier League games with English commentary, price includes license fee. Home prices 899 Per Month and 3,500 set up, there are yearly options and other deals but the way I look at it is if True dump Football so can CTH next year.

Is that per actual screen in your place? I think you have at least 1 projector and 2 or 3 TV sets.

That would be painful. in my old place we had 3 projectors and two 32" flat screens.

That would work out to an astounding 18,000 Baht/month blink.png

I had a dish and box installed on the 17th of July and I'm still waiting for my box to be "activated". The only channels I can view are a handful of free ones.

I've phoned the CTH call centre in BKK and they tell me to contact the supplier in Pattaya. The supplier in Pattaya tells me to contact CTH in BKK. I'm been told no boxes in Chonburi have been activated.

If anybody in Pattaya/Chonburi is capable of viewing all of the channels please let me know and how and who activated your system ?

At time of installation the engineer told me he would return to my condo in Jomtien on Tuesday 30th July when, apparently, the signal is switch on. Meanwhile I am still able to receive Sophon (for what it is worth!)

Is that per actual screen in your place? I think you have at least 1 projector and 2 or 3 TV sets.

That would be painful. in my old place we had 3 projectors and two 32" flat screens.

No Monty just the one price for one box, I can then feed it to my other TV's

No Monty just the one price for one box, I can then feed it to my other TV's

Good info guys, i have tried to call CTH with not much luck...was told to speak slowly please then she hung up!!!

Has anyone looked into Astro, i know it may not apply to people in Pataya but it works in Phuket. Not sure of the set up and subscription costs so would be good to hear from anyone who has it installed.

I have been watching the ashes in on it in a bar and quality is very good plus good coverage of EPL.

No problem receiving Astro in Pattaya.

Preferably you need a 90 cm solid ku band offset dish, otherwise it'll drop out with the slightest rain.

A good 2.5 m black mesh dish with a proper prime focus ku band lnb will do also.

Unfortunately, the subscription is pretty much as expensive as Truevisions.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One out come is it sounds like its going to be very expensive for bars to show the games legally, heard about B5000 per screen per month being quoted, that will rule out the smaller places, can any bar owners confirm?

Ah, scaremongering at it's finest.

Why on earth would it be more expensive for a bar?? It's no different, it's a dish and a box....furthermore, why would CTH price themselves out of so much biz when they have only just started.

Ridiculous.

One out come is it sounds like its going to be very expensive for bars to show the games legally, heard about B5000 per screen per month being quoted, that will rule out the smaller places, can any bar owners confirm?

Ah, scaremongering at it's finest.

Why on earth would it be more expensive for a bar?? It's no different, it's a dish and a box....furthermore, why would CTH price themselves out of so much biz when they have only just started.

Ridiculous.

So you can apologies now then lol, as I reported, going to be expensive for bars B5000 for a projector, B3000 for large screen, as Basset has confirmed,

Even True charged bars more than domestic viewing

I don't have an issue with CTH charging more for commercial use, I would just like to know how much, so I can make a decision on weather to install or not, and then would like instillation in time for match day 1

I think CTH are holding back to make us sweat.

BTW, IT Care had plenty of boxes, so it's not them, it's CTH.

yeag, they're slow getting organized.

As long as they don't get dual pricing with elevated prices for Western bars/pubs/resto's...

Don't give them any ideas, they'll be charging for English commentary / soundtrack in movies nextbiggrin.png

Preferably you need a 90 cm solid ku band offset dish, otherwise it'll drop out with the slightest rain.

A good 2.5 m black mesh dish with a proper prime focus ku band lnb will do also.

I heARD today that Astro is no longer available in Pattaya,a mate had a system,paid good money now he cant get it.

I heARD today that Astro is no longer available in Pattaya,a mate had a system,paid good money now he cant get it.

The legal HD subscriptions where the smartcard is mated with an original Astro Beyond HD receiver still work.

Either your mate had a dodgy setup, or an older SD smartcard subscription, they have stopped working everywhere, even in Malaysia (where Astro swapped out all old boxes, much like Truevisions did a year ago).

Nothing to do with Pattaya!

I am up and running with all channels, it was activated at time of install, the only problem I have at present is BIO Channel is in Thai and not English........anyone else?

I am up and running with all channels, it was activated at time of install, the only problem I have at present is BIO Channel is in Thai and not English........anyone else?
Pool Hustler, Are you located in Pattaya/Chonburi ? Who installed the CTH for you ?

Pool Hustler, Are you located in Pattaya/Chonburi ? Who installed the CTH for you ?

yes i'm in Pattaya, my installer was the IT Shop opposite Soi 2 on Pattaya Tai

I used to remember that Back in the UK, Saturday morning match is only televised to business that had business licence from sky, ie pubs to encourage punters to either go to the match or down the local. That'd be a good reason to pay extra to show football in your pub.

I cant install CTH because the dish need to face East and my condo unit faces West! Does anyone know a supplier of legitimate Astro in Pattaya? Oh and what direction must the Astro dish face!?

As far as I know only a few companies in Bangkok doing it.

And it's not really legitimate either, as Astro is not allowed to sell their service in Thailand, so the so-called legit boxes are actually registered at a Malaysian address and then used here in Thailand.

Having promised me instillation next Monday, IT Carr called me at 10.00 am today (Thursday)and said they were waiting outside my bar. Its all in but not activated as the office need tax number for company and copy of utility bill. Just getting that sorted and should be activated in 2 days. Paying 2,500 per month for one big screen.

My CTH boxes were activated yesterday after a 2 week wait !

I regret not ensuring that the boxes were activated on the day of installation.I'd recommend you make sure your box is activated when installed. It will avoid any nail biting!.

No complaints about the channels and picture quality.. Sky News HD is good for keeping track of what is happening in the UK and Fox Sports News is good.

Unfortunately CTH is not a direct replacement for Truevision. If you like to watch tennis,the History Channel and HBO movies you'll still need Truevision. .

Having promised me instillation next Monday, IT Carr called me at 10.00 am today (Thursday)and said they were waiting outside my bar. Its all in but not activated as the office need tax number for company and copy of utility bill. Just getting that sorted and should be activated in 2 days. Paying 2,500 per month for one big screen.

This is going to be tough now to watch PL in bars, what about bars like the Irish Rovers that used to have multi screens and show all the games, they are stuffed

Been informed today that there will be an extra charge per TV and projector if displaying to the public in bars or restaurants etc. basically an additional monthly amount ..

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but could someone explain the advantages (if any) of satellite over cable installation for CTH as I have ordered the Cable package but everyone seems to be getting Satellite....the only difference that I can see is there are 142 channels (cable) compared to 115 channels (satellite).

Also not sure if this has been covered but is there any info regarding commentary for CTH premiership matches i.e. English or Thai?

Thanks in advance.