Cannot take......if u r flying

bubblegum

Its also moronic, but its a handy list you have shown us. Thanks!

Edit..Just looking at it its mostly 3ounces which converted into the common sense metric system is..

3 US fluid ounces = 88.7205887 millilitres.

So op I take it your gf tried to take it on as carry on luggage not check in correct?

Edited by krisb

In transiting Hong Kong several weeks ago there was a young girl who had a large bottle of water visible on her backpack and the security guard made her pour the water out, they then discovered a fully sealed bottle in her carry on, which of course they made her dump out....as she protested that it was still sealed....as others have said... some people are just oblivious

The only thing that the Asian screeners have done that I applaud is they have gotten rid of the silly rule about having to take your shoes off for the security check

• Like 1

Edit..Just looking at it its mostly 3ounces which converted into the common sense metric system is..

So op I take it your gf tried to take it on as carry on luggage not check in correct?

I suspect that whoever wrote that website is from the USA. It should really read 100 millitres.

What galls me is the different rules for different countries. What is perfectly ok to carry on board an airline departing from one country is different when departing another country. I can't count the times that I have flown into a country having passed security on the departure end, only to have items confiscated when leaving the destination country. The weirdest was in Costa Rica where they were confiscating all umbrellas from people departing the country. This was during rainy season and they had a large trash can full of collapsible umbrellas at security check in. Some of the passengers joked that all the umbrellas would be for sale at the local mercado that evening.

• Like 1

I suspect that whoever wrote that website is from the USA. It should really read 100 millitres.

Indeed Swampy's own site says 100ml http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/screen_before_boarding_en.php

No amount of flammable liquid is alowed. Either in checked in luggage or carry on.

What about the duty free shops that sell perfumes containing alcohol? And booze?

Edited by rijb
  • Like 1

In transiting Hong Kong several weeks ago there was a young girl who had a large bottle of water visible on her backpack and the security guard made her pour the water out, they then discovered a fully sealed bottle in her carry on, which of course they made her dump out....as she protested that it was still sealed....as others have said... some people are just oblivious

The only thing that the Asian screeners have done that I applaud is they have gotten rid of the silly rule about having to take your shoes off for the security check

The last time I was departing Manila I had to remove shoes and belt.

Shoes I understand could hide something, but a belt !!!

No amount of flammable liquid is alowed. Either in checked in luggage or carry on.

Except for alcohol. They won't let you take onboard 110ml of flamable nail polish but will let you take on a couple litres of flamable alcohol. They wont let you take onboard a small pen knife but will allow you to take onboard glass bottles. The whole security theater is a joke.

Edited by canman
  • Like 1

The last time I was departing Manila I had to remove shoes and belt.

Shoes I understand could hide something, but a belt !!!

I agree its a bit silly, but you can actually hide a flat pen knife in a belt ...

True, but instead I have to remove the belt that holds up my pants!!!!

You can't win for losing.

What about the duty free shops that sell perfumes containing alcohol? And booze?

Correct me if I am wrong but the way I understand the regulations is you can't carry liquid containers bigger than 100ml brought in from "outside" on to an aircraft so once you pass security anything you get from "airside" is ok?

Also think we are getting confused with products that are flammable here, perfume and spirits wont count and are indeed available on board actually. head palm! Flamously?!

Edited by enyaw

Correct me if I am wrong but the way I understand the regulations is you can't carry liquid containers bigger than 100ml brought in from "outside" on to an aircraft so once you pass security anything you get from "airside" is ok?

Depends on your destination and if your flight is direct or not.

Yermanee wai.gif

Depends on your destination and if your flight is direct or not.

Yermanee wai.gif

So your telling us that not all airport security as the same regulations, thanks for that information, never thought of that.

They follow the same regulations, it's more to do with how their interpreted that causes angst amongst less frequent fliers...

What I meant to say is that indeed the rules about liquids in handlugage are the same everywhere but many countries have restrictions on top of those rules., and if you have a stopover you best purchase liquids in the transit airport on the last leg of your trip.

Yermanee wai.gif

Of course the rules are ridiculously petty. They're not there to make flying any safer. In fact, to the best of my knowledge, all the taking off of shoes and belts and all the other nonsense has not once in all the years prevented a single terrorist attack. The rules are simply there (i) to make it appear that governments are doing something to protect people and (ii) to provide work (and more importantly, profit) for certain large corporations.

A committed terrorist will always find a way around the inspections. Remember the Islamic fundamentalist who tried to kill the Afghan spy chief by shoving a bomb up his bum? Quite frankly, I'm a little surprised that the authorities haven't decided to give all passengers rectal examinations yet.

Of course the rules are ridiculously petty. They're not there to make flying any safer. In fact, to the best of my knowledge, all the taking off of shoes and belts and all the other nonsense has not once in all the years prevented a single terrorist attack. The rules are simply there (i) to make it appear that governments are doing something to protect people and (ii) to provide work (and more importantly, profit) for certain large corporations.

A committed terrorist will always find a way around the inspections. Remember the Islamic fundamentalist who tried to kill the Afghan spy chief by shoving a bomb up his bum? Quite frankly, I'm a little surprised that the authorities haven't decided to give all passengers rectal examinations yet.

How can you have any idea whatsoever as to whether any terrorists have been dissuaded by the present arrangements? Unless of course you have inside knowledge.

How can you have any idea whatsoever as to whether any terrorists have been dissuaded by the present arrangements? Unless of course you have inside knowledge.

Snowden is bored at the Moscow airport so strolled some forums, stumbled on this one and posted his information.

You should be grateful for that.

Not correct flammable materials for personal use (like deodorant spray etc ) is allowed in check-in luggage or hand carry as long it bellow the maximum size.

What you refer to is for commercial size products.

Why are we being subjected to all this bull$h!t anyway ?

There hasn't ever been an historical period of such irrational fear. Well, perhaps in the Middle Ages after all the books had been burned except for a "bible" and fear-mongering packs of priests enthralled the peasants with tales of hellfire and damnation.

Honestly guys, I never thought I'd see the day when the query-less mob of existential slaves would be so proud as to fondle their fetters and chains with such loving enthusiasm and focus. And then to proudly publish their testaments and their encyclopedic knowledge of these pathetic rituals on a public forum for all to see.

Maybe it's just time we all got a grip on our fear-addled selves and silenced the purveyors of the nonsensical rituals that have turned us into a fear-addled herd of existential ninnies.

Enough !

(Okay now. Cue Thai Visa's security posse and the TV homeland security mavens for the customary barrage of insults, begged questions and smears.)

Edited by Donnie Brasco