Mercedes Benz purchase in Bangkok - Where are they manufactured?

wailee

My wife and I have just spent the last few weekends comparing Honda Accord Navi, C class Benz and a 328 BMW. We quickly eliminated the Benz as it does not include servicing in the purchase cost and I really did not like the interior quality for the price . At this stage it is still a hard decision between the other two , even though they are completely different cars with the BM almost twice the price of the Honda. However we are currently looking at cost of ownership over 5 years, factoring in BMW's finance with a balloon payment at the end. When living in Oz I always bought 3 series BM's but here there is a significant price premium over the Honda which is roughly the sam price in Oz as here. In Australia it would be a no brainer, buy the BM but here in Thailand it is much harder to decide. Yes I know the Honda is front wheel drive and this is one of the things that comes into the equation but it is hard to ignore the many other safety features that the Honda offers like lane departure warning. At this stage the jury is still out but I am leaning towards the Honda.... Toyota Camry!!... I'm from Australia, we call them white goods with wheels. In saying all this I still think me current Pajero is more suited to the poorly maintained pot holed Thai road system populated with raving lunatic Thai drivers.

Sent from my Slate 21 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What did you buy in the end?

Did you consider the Mercedes CLA?

RAZZ

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife and I have just spent the last few weekends comparing Honda Accord Navi, C class Benz and a 328 BMW. We quickly eliminated the Benz as it does not include servicing in the purchase cost and I really did not like the interior quality for the price . At this stage it is still a hard decision between the other two , even though they are completely different cars with the BM almost twice the price of the Honda. However we are currently looking at cost of ownership over 5 years, factoring in BMW's finance with a balloon payment at the end. When living in Oz I always bought 3 series BM's but here there is a significant price premium over the Honda which is roughly the sam price in Oz as here. In Australia it would be a no brainer, buy the BM but here in Thailand it is much harder to decide. Yes I know the Honda is front wheel drive and this is one of the things that comes into the equation but it is hard to ignore the many other safety features that the Honda offers like lane departure warning. At this stage the jury is still out but I am leaning towards the Honda.... Toyota Camry!!... I'm from Australia, we call them white goods with wheels. In saying all this I still think me current Pajero is more suited to the poorly maintained pot holed Thai road system populated with raving lunatic Thai drivers.

RAZZ

Yes considered it but being based on the A class and having read about handling issues with That model I really haven't looked seriously at it.
We haven't bought anything yet as we put it off till next year when my daughter gets her license. Will off load my wife's Jazz to her and then buy something new. The Accord hybrid could be worth a look. Good reviews in the U. S.
  • Like 1

I wasn't aware the A class had particular 'handling issues'. Mercedes is normally rather good at this. A firm ride maybe. The ones that use the same frame, the GLA and CLA have been said to iron out some of these issues but it does depend what spec you have. For example the comfort settings of the GLA, and these are the settings you will get in Thailand rather than the sport, are said to be very smooth indeed. Most reviewers say it is a marked improvement over the standard A class

RAZZ

Yes considered it but being based on the A class and having read about handling issues with That model I really haven't looked seriously at it.
We haven't bought anything yet as we put it off till next year when my daughter gets her license. Will off load my wife's Jazz to her and then buy something new. The Accord hybrid could be worth a look. Good reviews in the U. S.

• Like 1