DUCT TAPE where to buy?

MESmith

Do they even sell it here? I assume they do, but a trip to Thai Watsadu on the superhighway proved negative. Heading in to town this afternoon, so if anyone knows where they definitely sell it, I'll avoid a runaround.

Also known as GAFFER tape.

Thanks in advance.

Home Pro had it in the past, don't know about now. The 3M dealer 105 Wualai Road might and can order from Bangkok in a few days, CM Delta Electrical 053 200 750. 3M sells a variety of types of duct tape.

MESmith said duct tape is also known as GAFFER tape.

Actually, duct tape and gaffer tape are very different. Duct tape generally will leave a sticky residue when it is removed. Gaffer tape doesn't leave a residue. Never been able to find real gaffer tape in Thailand.

David

• Like 2

Mission accomplished @ KSK. A choice of colours too biggrin.png

Only posted after not finding it yesterday at DIY notso super Thai Watsadu. Do 7-11 really sell it?

You planning a bank job.....is this to tie the manager to the chair? biggrin.png

OK I watch too many movies. sad.png

• Like 1

Mission accomplished @ KSK. A choice of colours too biggrin.png

Only posted after not finding it yesterday at DIY notso super Thai Watsadu. Do 7-11 really sell it?

You planning a bank job.....is this to tie the manager to the chair? biggrin.png

OK I watch too many movies. sad.png

Actually, it's to truss my son up like a chicken & gag him, so he fits in my suitcase for a trip to UK. Have you seen the cost of tickets & British passports bought overseas......

• Like 1

MESmith said duct tape is also known as GAFFER tape.

Actually, duct tape and gaffer tape are very different. Duct tape generally will leave a sticky residue when it is removed. Gaffer tape doesn't leave a residue. Never been able to find real gaffer tape in Thailand.

David

That is true. Duct tape is usually made from more of a fibre type of material while "gaffer's tape" as used in the film and recording industries has more of a plastic content to it. They are both as strong as the other but as David said the gaffer tape won't leave the residue. I used to buy gaffers tape by the box of 24 rolls for a heck of a lot less than 150 THB per roll. Another thing to bring over with you when going to the USA if you use a lot of it!

^ Yes, I brought back a pack of three on sale - heavy, as the rolls are quite large and wide.

I use it to tape over bandages should the dog cut herself. She usually rips off any medical tape or the tape sold in Thailand as "duct" tape, but never the Duct tape itself.

Of course it comes in handy for all kinds of things. Cheers

^ Yes, I brought back a pack of three on sale - heavy, as the rolls are quite large and wide.

I use it to tape over bandages should the dog cut herself. She usually rips off any medical tape or the tape sold in Thailand as "duct" tape, but never the Duct tape itself.

Of course it comes in handy for all kinds of things. Cheers

Aah the memories.........something for the weekend sir?......as my barber would say.

• 10 months later...

Those handy stores that sell terrible quality tools that fall apart on 2nd use, one on Kampaeng Din, one on the big tree road on the right just before it meets the 121 at Saraphi, one in every neighbourhood. Everything about 20B.

Well they often stock all kinds of tape. Your local store is always worth a nosey.

One year Into the thread, Mr Fall guy, can you remember what what you needed the duct tape for?

You never said....

And it would be annoying if a better solution was available from the brains out here.

Now that's my kind of engineering - but can you get wd40 here? Someone(s) will tell me it's everywhere but I have yet to find it...

Yes you can. Got mine at Thai Watsadu, Amorn to name 2 places. Stationery shops & 7-11 probably don't.

Duct tape & WD40 sort out most of my practical problems smile.png

• Like 1

One year Into the thread, Mr Fall guy, can you remember what what you needed the duct tape for?

You never said....

And it would be annoying if a better solution was available from the brains out here.

The original need was to repair the grass cuttings catcher bag on my aged lawn mower. More recently it's been used to hold the rusting lawn mower chassis together. And the most recent use was to "cure" a veruca on the sole of my foot.

And last week I bought a new lawn mower....

Now that's my kind of engineering - but can you get wd40 here? Someone(s) will tell me it's everywhere but I have yet to find it...

Yes you can. Got mine at Thai Watsadu, Amorn to name 2 places. Stationery shops & 7-11 probably don't.

Duct tape & WD40 sort out most of my practical problems smile.png

smile.png Many thanks ME - got wd40 today in Amorn at Meechok. Great shout