Phuket Airport Bus can start July 15, says bus owner

webfact

Phuket Airport Bus can start July 15, says bus owner
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_The_airport_buses_passed_PLTO
The airport buses passed PLTO inspection. Photo: Chutharat Plerin

PHUKET: -- The soonest the airport bus can start running is July 15, the owner of the bus company, Prakob Panyawai, told the Phuket Gazette on Tuesday.

“I wish the bus could roll on July 1 as the Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO) chief demands,” he said, “but we’re just not ready [story here].”

“All the buses have been checked at PLTO and have passed inspection, but we still need to prepare the bus stops, graphic art and finalize the marketing campaign,” he said.

“The bus stops should be installed within a week,” Mr Prakob added.

There is one more administrative hurdle: the buses are not yet registered in Phuket.

Jaturong Kaewkasi of the PLTO told the Gazette yesterday “We have issued the necessary licenses to the OS Car Rent and Tour Ltd Partnership to operate the service, but the buses are still registered in Bangkok and need to be registered in Phuket. The process could take a while, but we’ll get it done as soon as possible.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Airport-Bus-can-start-July-15-says-bus-owner-21459.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-06-27

Watching with great internet ....

...and interest as well. lol

There is one more administrative hurdle: the buses are not yet registered in Phuket.

No problem. Neither are half the tuk tuks and most the taxi's.

Somehow I have a feeling that even the bus operator did not believe that the route would start some day.

With few weeks to go, what odds do you give for the route from the airport to Patong will start before the end of the year?

I'll give 60% at this point.

Edited by Guest

This is a "dead-in-the-water" bus service and the tuk-tuk brigade know it.

There won't be any trouble because it creates one more lucrative pick-up spot in Patong.

Unless the bus routes are extended so that they are beach to beach, they'll go broke eventually.

There won't be any trouble because it creates one more lucrative pick-up spot in Patong.

Unless the bus routes are extended so that they are beach to beach, they'll go broke eventually.

Maybe so. The sign on the bus window says "Patong - Karon - Kata." I'm excited about this possibility. Every time we go down to Phuket for Vacation from the Northern smog I dread dealing with the taxi mafia at the airport.

Wait till you see the monkey dance that will be BaaZaan at pickup times........... good luck to us normal peopel that live & work here and the use the market, you know to buy stuff.........

• Like 1

Wait till you see the monkey dance that will be BaaZaan at pickup times........... good luck to us normal peopel that live & work here and the use the market, you know to buy stuff.........

"good luck to us normal people that live & work here" - are there normal people on Phuket? I don't think I've ever seen one. :) :)

I agree KB. Unless the buses run between the beaches, it achieves little by way of transport for tourists.

Many many years ago when Kukrit was PM there was a similar problem with the unlicenced airconditioned busses on all the country routes. Unsafe and unregulated as they were illegal. Kukrit bought a fleet of Mercedes airconditioned busses and the Govt started a much superior service. After the cowboys had been eliminated the bussess were let out to contractors with the conditions that service standards were maintained. Rhat ws the start of BorKorSor...The Transport Company.

There really needs to be some central action like that to solve the problem in Phucket.

I agree KB. Unless the buses run between the beaches, it achieves little by way of transport for tourists.

The sign on the bus window says "Patong - Karon - Kata."

Great. Your point is????

Great. Your point is????

Those are names of beaches. So it appears as though it will be a beach to beach service.

I agree KB.  Unless the buses run between the beaches, it achieves little by way of transport for tourists.

Great.  Your point is????

Those are names of beaches.  So it appears as though it will be a beach to beach service.

It was designed like that but due to the Karon and Kata tuktuk taxi Mafia it's just to Patong as the taxi Mafia there are more enlightened :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

@ deesquared

Unless it's from the Phuket Airport to Patong, the Phuket Airport to Kata, the Phuket Airport to Karon - but never between the beaches.

If they went between the beaches, then for sure, we will see some violence.

Edited by NamKangMan

@ deesquared

Unless it's from the Phuket Airport to Patong, the Phuket Airport to Kata, the Phuket Airport to Karon - but never between the beaches.

I was just down there last month and I saw city buses running between those beaches. For free I believe. Loads of tourists were hoping on and off. No violence witnessed.

I was just down there last month and I saw city buses running between those beaches. For free I believe. Loads of tourists were hoping on and off. No violence witnessed.

There is no public bus service (yet) between Patong and Karon/Kata beaches.

@ deesquared

They are call tuk-tuks, not buses. :) :)