1on1 martial arts/muay thai beginner lessons in town

Andreas84

I am looking for beginners 1on1 lessons in muay thai or other forms of martial arts. I want to give it a try, with the intention of letting off some steam and perhaps learning some basic self-defense. I live near Kad Suan Kaew (central shopping mall), so the location should be somewhere I can reach with a song thaew without too much problem. The instructor should be able to speak a minimum level of English. The price should be affordable. Can anyone recommend me a school?

Most of the muay gyms offer private lessons. The rates will vary. You could try Lanna Boxing which is not too far from you, in the Chiang Mai University area, so less than 10 min. by song thaew. Den is the head trainer and speaks English. Search for them on Google and you'll get the contact info. There's also Quest which is near Airport Plaza... a bit further but plenty of talented trainers. Good luck.

There is training most nights in Judo (1st Dan and 6th Dan Judo) and MMA at Chiang Mai University Gym. The lessons are free other than the annual fee of 300 baht to allow the use of the University facilities.

Edited by Nigelmartin

Did you decide on anything Andreas84?

No, not yet.

We have a small group that practices Japanese karate at CMU Student Union Building, Mondays and Wednesdays.

There is also an Aikido Club in the same area.

Edited by hml367