Expat Insurance for ages up to 75 for Accident, Hospital & Life

taqila

I purchased a policy this week from a top Thai Life Insurance company that offers the Hospital and Accident insurance rider for ages up to 75 yrs. The life portion was not something i really wanted but combined with the Hospital and Accident riders the final price was the same I have been paying in at the best known Insurance agency in Pattaya for the past 3 years without the exclusions and the life insurance portion will not increase each year. Formerly I have been a licensed life and health general agent in the Western World and am very pleased with the professionalism and coverage provided in this policy that I purchased today clap2.gif for 30,000thb total for one year. I was paying 30,000 thb in Pattaya for a policy that I had to purchase before turning 65 and in that policy everything that was of concern to me was an exclusion in that policy (such eyes, retina & cataract, prostrate, cardiac, joints, arthritis, etc etc. etc.) and I am in very good health now without any severe pre-existing conditions, plus the worst part of that Pattaya issued policy was that i could not use the insurance in the hospital in the province that i reside now (Sisaket). If i needed hospitalization for something that was not excluded, I would need to travel 90 km to Surin or 65km to Ubon to be admitted to an approved hospital - that was not acceptable. I have a good national government insurance in my home country but being retired here in Thailand it would be very costly to fly back to my home country for care. I was disappointed to find out that the group coverage provide here was only for persons 65 or younger. So if this is helpful to you or anyone you know over 65 to 75 in good health like me that needs medical insurance anywhere in the Thailand that is good in any hospital in any province in Thailand, I would be happy to recommend mythumbsup.gif agent to you. The agent will also provide you with a complete translation of the policy and benefits and any exclusions that may be applicable in Plain English. Just contact me with a Private message. Jing Jing!

Thats what I thought might be the case.

It appears to be an interesting product but, from my experience, the inclusion of life cover usually indicates that the 'hospital' part is a daily cash benefit rather than medical insurance. That would explain the limited range of terms, exceptions and conditions. THB30,000 doesn't provide much in the way of medical cover unless one is very young.

There are full medical insurances available in Thailand for new customers up to age 75 with guaranteed renewal.

Still, it would be useful to see more information given in public.

I am not an insurance agent.

So please don't be rude.

If you see something helpful in my post feel free to contact me for information.

I've not listed a company because It is not my intention to advertise for anyone or offend anyone or any other insurance company.

It is only posted because I think medical insurance is something out that many expats in Thailand including myself are seeking.

If you are sincerely interested, I'll be more than happy to pass along the contact information so you can make a decision for yourself. This was not intended to be a sounding board for anyone's ugliness.

Thanks

You might at least publish some more detail of this wonderful product, such as a summary of the benefits, limits and exclusions, so that those interested could better see what it is. You wouldn't break any forum rules if you didn't name the insurance company, I'm sure. So far, it looks to me like no more than one of those hospital cash with life cover contracts.

Hi, I still haven't discovered how to send a Private Message - can you email me on <email address removed as per forum rules (spam prevention)>

Thanks

Edited by Maestro
removed email address

You might at least publish some more detail of this wonderful product, such as a summary of the benefits, limits and exclusions, so that those interested could better see what it is. You wouldn't break any forum rules if you didn't name the insurance company, I'm sure. So far, it looks to me like no more than one of those hospital cash with life cover contracts.

we are all still waiting,and getting older.

Actually; there is nothing wrong in mentioning the company the insurance is with - since a positive experience there is no risk of "slander" smile.png

Cheers!

Good! No need for the OPs continued coyness then.

This reminds me of a post I read some years ago on another forum where someone promoted an unregulated offshore investment business but wouldn't name it. Turned out he was the Thailand representative of that company but the need for secrecy escaped me.

Generally on Thaivisa OBVIOUS advertising will be removed by the mods, but since the OP states he does not work for the company it is not advertising but simply a good experience.

The other reason to be a bit hesitant about posting specific company names (or person names) here is the rather strict laws in Thailand about "slander" - but as I mentioned; in this case the OP has nothing to fear there as a positive experience! :)

Back to the subject; I can certainly see the logic for people that are old and/or have tons of pre existing problems that will never be covered anyway; to focus on best possible accident insurance (and add whatever "riders" one can get for sickness Etc.). It's cheaper and will cover the same.

In fact; many that live here without any health insurance whatsoever(budget reasons/self insured or whatever reason), would be wise to at least pick up an accident insurance - ensuring immediate treatment in an (accident) emergency. Some here are on a very tight budget - and doing sports (or just walking the streets!) can easily end in injuries that they can not afford to fix - or worse; the extra time lost in an emergency by not having a recognized card - could mean the difference between being cured, and being a vegetable...

Accident insurance with covers from 5000 Baht up to 500.000 Baht exist - the one I just got from AXA pays 62500 Baht per accident and cost just 2000 Baht a year! - I cut 1 beer/month and got that instead! ;) (double win!).

Before somebody point out that 62.500 Baht is way too little - I fully agree - BUT its better than having NO card in the pocket. Treatment will start no matter what.

Personally I have seen a measly 200.000 Baht health insurance cover (AIA) being accepted at Bumrungrad intensive, and treatment being performed till person stabilized - with the first 1-2 weeks costing 1M Baht (full time in intensive,special dialysis machines and high end auto immune meds) and only when stabilized did the hospital admin come to discuss the further financing. Now; an accident insurance would not cover in that case of course - but we are more likely to get in an accident than coming down with a 1 in 100.000 rare auto immune disease.

Cheers!

Just to note that details of various health insurance policies by company name including premiums, coverages, and published detailed policy information have been posted on this forum for years.

• 3 months later...