A Question about Fertilizer.

I have a friend in another country looking for a sizable amount of fertilizer something like a 0 18 46 . The question is, does Thailand have a manufacturer that makes quality fertilizers. I have checked out various links, but thought the best place to get the best advice is from the farming folk on TV.

Hello All, try "google", you know, the albaba<sp> lists that turn

up every time you try to search for a product online.

Call WESCO in BKK ask for info or another co's in.

By the way, what is 0-18-46 used for?? I buy 0-52-34(MPK) to

use with my hydroponics.

rice555

I agree a with rice555 concerning Wesco,on his recommendation I phoned them to be greeted by a Dr someone who spoke very English and was genuinely interested in our conversation,between us we sorted out what I required cost postage etc,he even added he would like to pop in and visit because of his interest in what we were doing,swapped emails etc. throughly recommend them.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Absolute chemical rubbish. I make my own fertiliser organics and mineral based, use what is needed. Forget the paid by the sale ton salemans crap here. You want some talk to me.

Agreed. However my friend would like 50 000 tons. How long before you can mix that and how much per ton.

Absolute chemical rubbish. I make my own fertiliser organics and mineral based, use what is needed. Forget the paid by the sale ton salemans crap here. You want some talk to me.

Agreed. However my friend would like 50 000 tons. How long before you can mix that and how much per ton.

Whoops! A cheeky little zero slipped in there. 5000 tons! ;)

Cheeky zero or not. You got me, too much for me to make up. WOW, that is one huge order. 100,000 bags at 50Kgs.

Correct! He is trying to source in Europe and Russia at the moment but I have a sneaky feeling that it could be much much cheaper here in Thailand or China. I think including shipping at the moment he is looking at $700-750 per ton maybe a bit less. I have no idea if that is good, bad or the norm. What he did say though was that the 50kg bags are really disliked because of health and safety issues with the humping and dumping. Not really my area of expertise at all but he often gives out handsome 'finders fees' ;)

Rice555

I think he is growing Sorgo (Sorghum?) and Soya. Thanks for the info from yourself and dasboot.

Growing sorghum or soybeans on that? No dont think so. Bananas maybe with that amount of Potassium.

well the country for where it is destined certainly doesn't grow bananas, and the guy has just personally grown 300 hectares of sorghum using that exact mix, and the resultant crop is both huge and healthy. All the other farmers are using it also for Sorghum and Soya but want it cheaper. I thought what you use is entirely dependent on the chemical makeup of the soil.

Edited by GentlemanJim

My dad used to work (retired this year)on research and development of ICL fertilizers in Amsterdam. Are the European companies so much more expensive ?

Where does the stuff need to be shipped too and does it have to be in bags of 50kg ? They usually do bulk stuff.

Rice555

I think he is growing Sorgo (Sorghum?) and Soya. Thanks for the info from yourself and dasboot.

Growing sorghum or soybeans on that? No dont think so. Bananas maybe with that amount of Potassium.

well the country for where it is destined certainly doesn't grow bananas, and the guy has just personally grown 300 hectares of sorghum using that exact mix, and the resultant crop is both huge and healthy. All the other farmers are using it also for Sorghum and Soya but want it cheaper. I thought what you use is entirely dependent on the chemical makeup of the soil.

Yes, a balance between what is in the soil and what the crop requires. Further complicated by the form the soil nutrient is in, some become locked up in non-avaiiable forms which need to be released biologically. Most cereals require some nitrogen. Perhaps they are growing a green manure or a catch crop before the sorghum. Do you know what type of sorghum it is?