What is your fav discount card ?

LawrenceChee

Having now live here full time, I looked at my card holder and I have collected the following within a 1.5 month period

Have to say the one that is paying for itself is still the MK one which is a straight 10% discount ...the most complex one is Fuji took me a while to describe the whole discount process to the others

Central 1 Card / Tops

Boots

Index Furnishing

Makro Card

Fuji Restaurant

MK Restaurant

Home Pro

Big C

Seed Book Centre

Rimping Supermarket

Also noteworthy: Chiang Mai Ram hospital VIP Card - 10% off on medicine and room price.

Saved me a lot on my daughter's birth bill and later all the vaccines.

Maybe the room price, but considering the medication is often marked 50% higher, that's not much of a deal.

re

Full credit to John for still honoring them

he does !

i was in there last night! chang lek @39 baht smile.png

dave2

pic .. tonights sunset over doi suthep smile.png

Yep I know he does, that's why I gave him credit.

Cheapest Chang lek downtown.

I know who has card number 2, but I don't know who has number 1?

I reckon they'll become like the old baseball cards, highly collectible. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

How to apply for all these cards? What kind of requirements for each one?

just go buy some stuff in stores and they will throw themselves at you, application forms in hand, closely followed by said cards.

Edited by manarak

Lawerence

Care to do a review on MK restaurant.

They are literally everywhere, not exactly a gourmet's paradise either.

Yes they are every where. My memories of them was not they were not that good.

But I do know Lawrence has a sense of good taste so I was thinking that maybe they had changed.

Lawerence

But I do know Lawrence has a sense of good taste so I was thinking that maybe they had changed.

Not to bother. They are only a chain and not good at all. I went once in about 2006 -- never again. Terrible food. Would you be interested in a review of Denny's or some other greasy spoon chain in the States? Probably not.

• Like 1

I have Rimping Card and shop there every week, usually spending between 1500 baht and 2000 baht. After 18 months I still don't qualify for so much as a teaspoon.

• Like 2

Rimping, the only card I've ever gotten stuff from. Some good items too, coffee machine, camera, etc.

Rimping is a great one. I've got about 8500 points at the moment.

Tesco card is great, besides the regular coupons that come in the post, there is the 100 Baht coupons every week plus the 100 Baht coupons from the Thai newspaper. We have 2 cards. The g/f breaks up our order into 2 lots. Three times that I can remember, with all the coupons we got 600 Baht off our bill - 300 off each card. Nothing else can top that!

All the hospitals have "VIP" cards. But it's not 10% off the entire bill, only labs, etc.

MK card - who cares. Bad food.

Big C, they only give 15 or 20 Baht coupons on a huge order, valid for only a short time.

Central 5% can only be used on items not already on sale. 5%....hardly much savings. We only buy stuff at Central when already on sale for 50% off.

How much savings is the Home Pro card? Didn't know they had one. I shop there often.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1

Lawerence

Double negatives still throw me. Have to read them several times to understand them, and I still don't understand this one. lol

Double negatives still throw me. Have to read them several times to understand them, and I still don't understand this one. lol

I don't think the double negative was intended it was a just dear old Dollyism. Delete the first not and you will get the drift.

<snip>

How much savings is the Home Pro card? Didn't know they had one. I shop there often.

I've never worked out how much the discount is worth. Does not apply to all goods or sale goods. I just hand over my card and hope that the headline total gets reduced by the system computer. I would guess it's something like 5%

Lawerence

Ne3ither do I but I chose not to edit it most people got the point.

Note to self edit and spell check before posting.smile.png

I like MK for the quick service the aircon and the clean environment

Granted it is not gourmet restaurant but for a bill for a plate of rice with duck, free tea and a small steamed crab roll that never surpasses 100 baht

It ranks among those places i don't need to think and just walk in for a quick bite @ a clean place

The 10% straight on the bill with the discount card makes it great choice for me as a fav discount card

Used to like the Tops one but I guess someone from the account department has finally figured out the losses with the discounts and vouchers and tweaked the scheme. So for now I just like the specials

I like MK for the quick service the aircon and the clean environment

Granted it is not gourmet restaurant but for a bill for a plate of rice with duck, free tea and a small steamed crab roll that never surpasses 100 baht

It ranks among those places i don't need to think and just walk in for a quick bite @ a clean place

The 10% straight on the bill with the discount card makes it great choice for me as a fav discount card

Used to like the Tops one but I guess someone from the account department has finally figured out the losses with the discounts and vouchers and tweaked the scheme. So for now I just like the specials

Most specials are not available without the TOPS Spot card.

Pattaya City Expat club card and Pattaya Expat club with discounts from hospitals and vendors of up to 20% discount, and of course Frugal Freddy restaurants all give 20% discounts, now 15 restaurants, just show your expat club card.