Settlement Visa Success!

Hi had our SV granted today!!!

Many thanks to Scouse, GU22 and everyone who helped i am sure all the info helped dramatically to our application.

Arrived at 1.00 as i had to add my bank statements etc to the file at 4.30 i started getting worried as i was the only one left outside. Then May came and said that the ECO wanted to speak with me so we went back into the interview room where my wife was given a banana followed by a cup a soup provided by the embassy staff due to her long wait as the receptionist had forgotten to pass on the extra files.

I had provided a letter of employment on my return and some savings in my mums name and a covering letter from her confirming she would help in any way if needed. Very little in my bank statements. She said that due to our circumstances my wife being pregnant and the letter of employment she was going to grant the visa. But as we are married they can't usually accept the bank statements from my mum as she is my responsibility if we was not married then fine you can have a joint sponsor having work to return to was a big help.

The lady was very nice and helpful to us both explaining about what to do after the 2 year period and other info for when we return overall a very nice lady.

I think that as mentioned if you have a good solid folder then you will have no problems with your application so take the time to read all the informative posts and ask any questions you may have.

A very worrying day but all ended great so thanks again to everyone and all the best with any applications you may have.

Jay