Anybody use Eye Clinic in Buriram, can Recommend?

DavoTheGun

On another forum a good Eye Doctor at the Clinic in Buriram is talked about, said very good. Need Cataract Surgery very soon, told he charges same as Thai, 20,000 Bt Each eye, very good price! For Farang.

Anybody use this clinic?

How many eyes do you have? You can't do better than "Rutnin Eye Hospital" in Bangkok, in my opinion. I had both eyes done (not concurrently of course), cataract surgery, with Dr. "Roy" (first name). Perfect English, I think he did his med school in America. They only do eyes. On or near Asoke. Like 40 doctors. Patients obviously came from many other countries, by their dress, in the waiting area. I would not have expected the high level of EVERYTHING, even in America, hygene included. All the latest, greatest equipment, super high tech pre-op test equipment to find the perfect lens replacement. I told Dr. Roy after the surgery that if my vision was any better I would have X-ray vision. They're on the net. (I obviously feel strongly.)

• Like 1

How many eyes do you have? You can't do better than "Rutnin Eye Hospital" in Bangkok, in my opinion. I had both eyes done (not concurrently of course), cataract surgery, with Dr. "Roy" (first name). Perfect English, I think he did his med school in America. They only do eyes. On or near Asoke. Like 40 doctors. Patients obviously came from many other countries, by their dress, in the waiting area. I would not have expected the high level of EVERYTHING, even in America, hygene included. All the latest, greatest equipment, super high tech pre-op test equipment to find the perfect lens replacement. I told Dr. Roy after the surgery that if my vision was any better I would have X-ray vision. They're on the net. (I obviously feel strongly.)

Agreed, I used BKK/Pattaya eye hospital for other reasons and was well impressed. For something so important and irreplaceable, I would not risk a local Isaan establishment (and I do also live there)

I also have used Dr Roy at Rutnin quite a few times over the past 4 years. I have had a retinal detachment operation and a detached IOL lens operation with him as well as at least 10 check ups. His English is perfect and he explains everything in clear simple terms to you with the aid of powerpoint presentation from his consulting room.

Would recommend him to anyone

Agreed, I used BKK/Pattaya eye hospital for other reasons and was well impressed. For something so important and irreplaceable, I would not risk a local Isaan establishment (and I do also live there)

What a load of Bol^%$ks. There are many great surgeries for all sorts of ailments in Issan, including eyes. You seem to be forgetting that the Doctors in Issan studied in the same places as those in other areas of Thailand. The surgery opposite the Bamboo Bar is a great eye place.

All this elitist Bangkok/Pattaya bullshit really is mis guided.

Of course it is a regular occurence to see Issan people walking around with one eye due to botched surgery....................NOT.

• Like 2

I have used the eyeclinic next to Siam Commercial Bank on Thani Road in Buriram for cataract surgery on both eyes during the last year. Very good job, no pain whatsoever. 20000 bath for each eye and I was able to drive on my own back to my home (85 km) almost immediately after the operation.

The clinic has fully up to date equipment and the hygienic arrangements are good.

Don't forget that cataract is a very common condition when you are getting old. You don't need the most advanced hospitals for that.

In Isaan there are a lot of people with cataracts and other ailments to their eyes and the doctor at the Buriram eyeclinic seems to have a lot of work to do.

You could first let the doctor examine your eyes and then decide if you can trust him or not.

• Like 1

I have also used this eyeclinic in Buriram, in March this year i had cataract removed from left eye, will have right eye done at later date. So i agree with every thing JanAndersLarsson has said about this eyr clinic.