Newly reshuffled Cabinet determined to rid Thailand of corruption

webfact

Have they arrived at the " Final Solution " and we will see Einsatzgruppen travelling throughout Thailand rooting out all who hold any official position ?

Hilarious. Nothing like a holocaust joke...

Well the Khmer Rouge instigated a holocaust and just where do you think or rather WHO do you think Thaksin and the Shiniwatra clan are getting their inspiration from. Those people on here that admire and support the reds clearly have no clue about what is happening, and if they do have an idea and continue to support them, then they deserve no place in society...just like their leaders.

I don't understand your post or why it is (apparently) addressed to me...

There is little in common between the Third Reich and the Khmer Rouge - even the nature of their crimes bear a significant difference.

Thaksin and his clan are getting their inspiration from the KR? That's one of the oddest things I've heard. I could spend pages writing of my contempt for Thaksin - and have in earlier times and beginning even before he was PM - but I confess I am ignorant of how he was or is inspired by the KR - can you explain? And how does that relate to corruption? And in specifying only him and his clan, are you implying that corruption is confined to them or even has existed primarily among them?

They deserve no place in society? Are you actually suggesting that they SHOULD be the victims of execution squads?

I stand by my post: there's nothing at all humorous about the Einsatzgruppen or the Final Solution.

No matter how it's couched something desperate is needed to attack corruption rather than the games that have been played by government after government who talk the talk and leave it at that.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He cited the Prime Minister as saying that everyone of them is determined to stamp out corruption and that the reshuffle was meant to reinforce an image of Thailand to the global community as a country with a lower level of (VISIBLE) corruption.

"everyone of them is determined to stamp out corruption"

She is 100% right : It's an order from the PM to sack themselves. But will they understand the hidden order given by a hidden brain?

How stupid do they think the people of Thailand are?

When you see the Minister of Education criticizing the education standards here, and almost immediately being replaced, the question becomes rhetorical.

"Prime Minister’s Office Spokesperson Theerat Rattanasewee stated that Ms. Yingluck is confident that all Cabinet members are now compatible with their new portfolios."

It took some more time (and money) than expected, but it should be OK now. While waiting for the fifth reshuffle (aka sixth new cabinet) I will keep this gem.

BTW from my archive:

2012-07-31

In regard to speculation about Cabinet reshuffle, she said she had not had any thoughts on the new lineup at this juncture.

PS August 2011, urgent policies to be implemented the first year:

1.3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector by adhering to transparency and good governance which are universally accepted norms to ensure the effective use of resources for national development and true benefits to the nation; amend laws with a view to preventing and fighting against corruption; broaden the enforcement of legislation regarding prohibition of conflicts of interest to include persons who abuse power arising from their important and high positions without exception; rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers; strengthen morals, ethics and good governance of state personnel;and, foster consciousness and values of society which uphold integrity and justice.

But we are still waiting for the achievements of the first year to be presented to parliament.

So Yingluck is saying that after two years of corrupt government under my leadership I have now shuffled the pack, brought in some old faces previously banned for being corrupt and now everything will be different.... although not completely.

I'm sure Moodys will be impressed!

• Like 1

"Prime Minister’s Office Spokesperson Theerat Rattanasewee stated that Ms. Yingluck is confident that all Cabinet members are now compatible with their new portfolios."

It took some more time (and money) than expected, but it should be OK now. While waiting for the fifth reshuffle (aka sixth new cabinet) I will keep this gem.

BTW from my archive:

2012-07-31

In regard to speculation about Cabinet reshuffle, she said she had not had any thoughts on the new lineup at this juncture.

PS August 2011, urgent policies to be implemented the first year:

1.3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector by adhering to transparency and good governance which are universally accepted norms to ensure the effective use of resources for national development and true benefits to the nation; amend laws with a view to preventing and fighting against corruption; broaden the enforcement of legislation regarding prohibition of conflicts of interest to include persons who abuse power arising from their important and high positions without exception; rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers; strengthen morals, ethics and good governance of state personnel;and, foster consciousness and values of society which uphold integrity and justice.

Very clever dropping in a true and honest statement to see if anyone would notice:

2012-07-31

Do I get a prize?

• Like 1

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Every now and then, a news article comes along where the content is so jaw-droopingly ludicrous that it should have the little red label "satire" above it. This is such an article.

• Like 2

Newly reshuffled Cabinet determined to rid Thailand of ARE corruption

BANGKOK, 1 July 2013 (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will announce her Governments commitment on corruption suppression after the first meeting of the newly reshuffled Cabinet at Government House tomorrow.

Prime Ministers Office Spokesperson Theerat Rattanasewee stated that Ms. Yingluck is confident that all Cabinet members are now compatible with their new portfolios.

He cited the Prime Minister as saying that everyone of them is determined to stamp out corruption and that the reshuffle was meant to reinforce an image of Thailand to the global community as a country with a lower level of corruption.

The Spokesperson further stated that Ms. Yingluck would like to see public participation in the fight against graft and corruption.

He encouraged Thais to report such practices via Hotline 1206 or leave a message at www.stopcorruption.go.th.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-07-01 footer_n.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif The world is watching and reading,.... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

BORN YESTERDAY EXTREME

What if there was no heaven or hell? what if there was no afterlife? it is faith that keeps us sane. BUT What if there was a heaven, a hell, or afterlife? What if this drive to stop corruption actually works? What then? would one crawl back under the slimy rock from where one came? or would one be bold and admit that they were wrong? the latter i think.

Trust me said the scorpion to the frog just before crossing the river.

One of my favorite stories, and one that fits Thailand EXACTLY...

Corruption is in their nature, it is never going to be stamped out.

Headlines like this are just pap handed out to give the appearance of

doing something, when really nothing will change.

Wonder how the investigation is going with the transportation minister

found with millions of baht in boxes in his house. Is he in jail yet ??

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Wouldn't it be great if they would ratchet down the corruption?

For the moment I'd be happy already if they managed to bring it down to last government level. Mind you I've been called a dreamer at times wai.gif

Trust me said the scorpion to the frog just before crossing the river.

One of my favorite stories, and one that fits Thailand EXACTLY...

Corruption is in their nature, it is never going to be stamped out.

Headlines like this are just pap handed out to give the appearance of

doing something, when really nothing will change.

Wonder how the investigation is going with the transportation minister

found with millions of baht in boxes in his house. Is he in jail yet ??

Wasn't that an assistant to the Transport Minister?

EDIT:

Transport Permanent Secretary Supoj Saplom, his house was burgled on the night of the 12th of November 2011. He initially reported a loss of 1 million, but later increased it to 5 million and police recovered 18 million with a suspect claiming to still have 9 million more. After that stories got really wild with some estimates reaching one billion. The poor chap really needed a ladder going to bed, what with all those boxes and suitccases under it.biggrin.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

What if there was no heaven or hell? what if there was no afterlife? it is faith that keeps us sane. BUT What if there was a heaven, a hell, or afterlife? What if this drive to stop corruption actually works? What then? would one crawl back under the slimy rock from where one came? or would one be bold and admit that they were wrong? the latter i think.

Errr...what?

I have no faith in an afterlife but I'm relatively sane as far as I can tell.

Who should be bold and admit they were wrong? And why do you think they would?

Corruption is the ONLY reason anything get done in this country! Police actually enforcing the law and not taking bribes? Motorists will be outraged at having to pay the real 500 baht fine instead of the 100 baht bribe to the officer. Everyone ends up unhappy....tomorrow and the next day and every other day will be business as usually in the LoS. A cabinet reshuffle just moves the pigs around the troughs. To eliminate corruptions means there will be no cabinet. Who is gonna do that job for a lousy 70K a month or whatever their real salary is.

Does that mean, that every single official and politician in Thailand and anyone "influential" is going to Thai jail now? Wow - we'll need FEMA camps all over Thailand then. May I send in a construction quote? Looks like a once in a lifetime opportunity to me laugh.png

After previous (reliable) polls showing that Thai on average don't worry about corruption as much as long as it worked for them as well, I'm now looking forward to a poll showing us that a larger group of Thai disagree with this focus on corruption rolleyes.gif

• Like 1