Dual defence post aims at coherent administration : PM Yingluck

webfact

POLITICS
Dual defence post aims at coherent administration : PM
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Monday that her concurrent post as defence minister will help speed up decisionmaking and policy implementation, and does not constitute interference in national security affairs.

Yingluck, who assumed the defence portfolio in the cabinet reshuffle, which took effect on Sunday, said her direct supervision of the Defence Ministry will enable the government to support the army.

It has nothing to do with the coming reshuffle in the army, she said.

The annual reshuffle of the three armed forces is scheduled for October 1. Army chief Prayuth Chanocha is due to retire in October next year amid widespread speculation that he might be moved out of the army’s top position.

The government and the army have fully performed their duties in the past two years, the premier said.

Regarding the appointment of Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisarn as deputy prime minister and commerce minister, she said he was handpicked for his capability to understand every dimension of the rice pledging scheme and he would also supervise the Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives Ministry.

"He will have a clear picture of the overall commercial and agricultural spectrums," she said.

Yingluck ruled out reports that Chalerm Yubamrung was upset with his transfer from deputy prime minister to head the Labour Ministry, saying that Chalerm, with his knowledge of law, will work towards labour integration in Southeast Asia.

Teerat Ratansevi, spokesman of the PM's Office, said new cabinet members are enthusiastic at fighting against corruption to "create a new era of ethical government to be recognised internationally."

The prime minister has asked for public participation in suppressing corruption in the country, he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-01

• Like 1

Hidden in the OP we have Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan who knows all about commerce even if he was only Office of the PM Minister. He dabbled a bit in 'Dawei' meetings, joint Myanmar-Thailand meetings, could have saved the EXPO bid if only the TCEB had submitted a report on these matters to him (according to MoFA Surapong that is), and many times insistent on the government transparency in water management.

K. Niwatthamrong was chairman of Shin Corp subsidiary iTV, Executive Chairman of E-Business, etc., etc. To avoid allegations of conflict of interest I assume he no longer is involved in any Shin Corp activities, apart from working for the head Shinawatra of course rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

I've always though that cohesion was the ability of a substance to stick to itself and that adhesion was the ability to stick to something else.

With Chalerm clearly becoming unstuck and the finance and commerce ministries completely unhinged I think the terms cohesive and coherant are an attempt to blow smoke into dark places

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Monday that her concurrent post as defence minister will help speed up decisionmaking and policy implementation, and does not constitute interference in national security affairs.

Doesn't take much to work out who told her to say that tongue.png LOL

• Like 1

Coherent is not a word I would ever use to describe Yingluk. In fact, its use suggests a script writer to me as I'm fairly sure she wouldn't know what it means.

a : logically or aesthetically ordered or integrated : consistent <coherent style> <a coherent argument>. b : having clarity or intelligibility : understandable

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 2

Just don't let her get any say in operations, objectives, nor avenues to get there. Her and her close advisors history in the rice program and virtually everything they have touched since takeing power is in shambles.

She does seem good at changing her mind as to what she said/meant/others heard, but that is known as a 'womans quirks'. probably not a asset when planning military operations.

Exactly what does PM Yinluck do? According to a Bangkok Post article today she's got 7 Deputy PMs...now she has taken the Minister of Defense position but don't plan to meddle...I guess she'll just let the Deputy Defense Minister run things in the Defense Ministry. Again, exactly what does PM Yinluck do?

Good I think this will strangen the government for Thailand development. Only the military constitution hamper this . A very good sign that they atleast try to do something about the corruption !

"Strangen" ??? Do you mean strangle?

Try to do something about corruption - what like cover it up better? Too many leaks at the moment.

Do you really believe anything these people say - given the consistent history of lies and contradictions?

• Like 1

"The government and the army have fully performed their duties in the past two years, the premier said"

The army were certainly magnificent during the floods. Not sure what PTP were doing - oh yes, illegally issuing a passport and getting a large amount of emergency cash.

Something to look forward to then, the PM presenting all the acheivments of the PTP government whilst fully performing their duties over the last two years.

5th cabinet reshuffle means 6 cabinets in 2 years. Are they trying to get into the Guiness Book of Records too?

• Like 1

"The government and the army have fully performed their duties in the past two years, the premier said"

The army were certainly magnificent during the floods. Not sure what PTP were doing - oh yes, illegally issuing a passport and getting a large amount of emergency cash.

Something to look forward to then, the PM presenting all the acheivments of the PTP government whilst fully performing their duties over the last two years.

5th cabinet reshuffle means 6 cabinets in 2 years. Are they trying to get into the Guiness Book of Records too?

She has raised delegation to an art form, is regularly missing from house sessions and now doesn't have Chalerm to speak for her and she chairs committees that she never attends.

What's next ?

You have to love the use of flowery language and buzz words, sounds impressive and as if something is actually being done and the majority won't won't lose face by admitting they don't understand what's been said.

Good I think this will strangen the government for Thailand development. Only the military constitution hamper this . A very good sign that they atleast try to do something about the corruption !

"Strangen" ??? Do you mean strangle?

Try to do something about corruption - what like cover it up better? Too many leaks at the moment.

Do you really believe anything these people say - given the consistent history of lies and contradictions?

Strangen (... strangely, not strangle ...), he does believe everything these people say.

Yingluck ruled out reports that Chalerm Yubamrung was upset with his transfer from deputy prime minister to head the Labor Ministry, saying that Chalerm, with his knowledge of law, will work towards labor integration in Southeast Asia.

I have talked to a students that went to school with Chalerm in Ramkanhang University. When he came to class, not that often, he would bring pizza. The students knew him as pizza man. I was also told that he had someone take his exams and do his term papers.

• Like 1

You have to love the use of flowery language and buzz words, sounds impressive and as if something is actually being done and the majority won't won't lose face by admitting they don't understand what's been said.

She must have read Management Stock Phrases for Dummies when her brother placed her as a stand-in for him and AIS.

• Like 1

:)

Love your sense of humour.

For those of you that do not speak Thai BS, let me interpret.

It has nothing to do with the coming reshuffle in the army, she said.

It has everything to do with the reshuffle.

The government and the army have fully performed their duties in the past two years, the premier said.

The government and the army have not performed their duties in the past two years.

"He will have a clear picture of the overall commercial and agricultural spectrums," she said.

He has no clue what the f__k is going on.

Teerat Ratansevi, spokesman of the PM's Office, said new cabinet members are enthusiastic at fighting against corruption to "create a new era of ethical government to be recognized internationally."

The new cabinet members could care less about fighting corruption and the new era of ethical government doesn't exist.

The prime minister has asked for public participation in suppressing corruption in the country, he said.

Public participation in suppressing corruption is useless in a society of corruption but it sounds great internationally.

Edited by Markaew
  • Like 1

Coherent is not a word I would ever use to describe Yingluk. In fact, its use suggests a script writer to me as I'm fairly sure she wouldn't know what it means.

a : logically or aesthetically ordered or integrated : consistent <coherent style> <a coherent argument>. b : having clarity or intelligibility : understandable

The only time anyone will refer to Yingluck or her government as "coherent" is if she states it herself.

Although we just had the fifth government cabinet line-up with PM Yingluck stressing a 'coherent' administration, speculation started she might consider taking the burden of a few Ministries to get to a seamless administration rolleyes.gif

It seems to me that as her brother is running the country as if he was the PM, she has had nothing to do except go on shopping trips etc so wanted to play Soldiers. She possibly knows as mutch about military matters as she does about Politics