Pattaya tires

Looking for a Tire shop in Pattaya with a good selection of tires for my Mu 7---245/70/16. I'm after an All terrain type that doesn't make a lot of noise on the freeway. In the States I used B F Goodrich and was very happy with them, but i'm open to suggestions. Hopefully the tire shop would also have Nitro to air up the tires.

Hopefully the tire shop would also have Nitro to air up the tires.

This one's gonna light up a fire.. Not literally, but in debate terms..

hehehehe.. yep, all the theorists, google experts and argumentative-about-everything's come out of the woodwork for this one :)

I will take this opportunity to have my first and last words on the topic.

Try it for yourself :)

Back to the OP: My recommendation is to have a look around the Thai websites for tire brands so you can understand what's available in TH (much smaller range than US), then go look at some of the better US tire websites and look for some objective test comparisons so you can decide what you want first.

Then try to find that..

If you rely on the recommendation from a tire shop, you'll very likely just end up with whatever is in stock / makes the most profit.

hehehehe.. yep, all the theorists, google experts and argumentative-about-everything's come out of the woodwork for this one smile.png

Try it for yourself smile.png

Back to the OP: My recommendation is to have a look around the Thai websites for tire brands so you can understand what's available in TH (much smaller range than US), then go look at some of the better US tire websites and look for some objective test comparisons so you can decide what you want first.

Then try to find that..

If you rely on the recommendation from a tire shop, you'll very likely just end up with whatever is in stock / makes the most profit.

Thanks for the reply, I have done the research and narrowed it down to Cooper Discoverer, Michelin LTX, Hankook Dynapro and Kumho Road Venture. I am looking for a big tire store in Pattaya that might carry these brands or, if not, at least one that has other AT brands I can pick from.

• Like 1

Don't forget to pick up an Air Gauge while at the tYre shop! biggrin.png

Yep ! if you buy tyres from " Cockpit " they have Bridgestone A/T and others and for the life of the tyres you get nitrogen check & fill for free. biggrin.png

A tyre guage is still needed for initial check on pressure because they always over inflate then I use to check every 3 months.

Must get a nitro fill up in the Bike too. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Don't forget to pick up an Air Gauge while at the tYre shop! biggrin.png

Yep ! if you buy tyres from " Cockpit " they have Bridgestone A/T and others and for the life of the tyres you get nitrogen check & fill for free. biggrin.png

A tyre guage is still needed for initial check on pressure because they always over inflate then I use to check every 3 months.

Must get a nitro fill up in the Bike too. biggrin.png

Thats the info I wanted thanks.

Not many tyre shop recommendations so far so my suggestion is Tyreplus. I found them to be cheaper than Cockpit or B-Quik and able to source more tyre types. I have not used them in Pattaya though!

• Like 2

here's a google map (work in progress) which shows locations of some automotive suppliers including wheel and tyre shops in and around Pattaya - which are mostly located along Sukhumvit Rd - so maybe OP can try a few of these places out. http://bit.ly/15jf2Uv Please feel free to add any places (nationwide).

• Like 1

here's a google map (work in progress) which shows locations of some automotive suppliers including wheel and tyre shops in and around Pattaya - which are mostly located along Sukhumvit Rd - so maybe OP can try a few of these places out. http://bit.ly/15jf2Uv Please feel free to add any places (nationwide).

Good map, thanks for taking the time to research and reply.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Not many tyre shop recommendations so far so my suggestion is Tyreplus. I found them to be cheaper than Cockpit or B-Quik and able to source more tyre types. I have not used them in Pattaya though!

Hello,

I guess the price difference is not huge for good brands ?

Any example ?

It seems that Michelin are sold the same price everywhere...

thank you for the great job !

• 4 weeks later...

hehehehe.. yep, all the theorists, google experts and argumentative-about-everything's come out of the woodwork for this one smile.png

Try it for yourself smile.png

Then try to find that..

Thanks for the reply, I have done the research and narrowed it down to Cooper Discoverer, Michelin LTX, Hankook Dynapro and Kumho Road Venture. I am looking for a big tire store in Pattaya that might carry these brands or, if not, at least one that has other AT brands I can pick from.

Go for the Michelin Latitude Cross, Great grip in wet and dry. Mine have done 60,000 Ks so far on my Pajero GT. Also very quiet.

• 8 months later...

Hello, do you know if this shop is good and where exactly it is located on a map ?

http://www.sirianankarnyang.com/

Lately have you found a cheaper place for large tires ? I wonder if unknown brands as DEESTONE can be ok ? Anyway all tires die so fast on Thailand road, I get bored to pay high price for nothing.

Thank you.

Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/N2jov

Deestone is a Thai tire brand, specializing in low-end and agricultural. If you just want the cheapest you can buy, I haven't seen anyone complaining about structural/manufacturing quality, but don't expect them to have the grip, noise suppression, or comfort of more expensive brands.

Edited by IMHO

Hello, do you know if this shop is good and where exactly it is located on a map ?

http://www.sirianankarnyang.com/

Lately have you found a cheaper place for large tires ? I wonder if unknown brands as DEESTONE can be ok ? Anyway all tires die so fast on Thailand road, I get bored to pay high price for nothing.

Thank you.

Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/N2jov

Deestone is a Thai tire brand, specializing in low-end and agricultural. If you just want the cheapest you can buy, I haven't seen anyone complaining about structural/manufacturing quality, but don't expect them to have the grip, noise suppression, or comfort of more expensive brands.

Thought this company made Bridgestone tyres too...