What happened to picadilly bar?

Crazy chef 1

I remember few years ago whenever I came to patong I went into a small nice bar named picadilly.the owner looked a little like Ben Kinsley.last time I came around he and his bar were gone and now is there a pharmacy or supermarket( can't exactly remember). Does anybody know what happened to him and his bar? Cheers

Unfortunately that Ben Kinglsley looking fella was involved in some underworld top level heists. I heard from a friend (Teddy) that he flew over to Spain to get some guy out of retirement to do a job but it went wrong and he had an accident out there. Didn't see him about after that.

• Like 2

Unfortunately that Ben Kinglsley looking fella was involved in some underworld top level heists. I heard from a friend (Teddy) that he flew over to Spain to get some guy out of retirement to do a job but it went wrong and he had an accident out there. Didn't see him about after that.

He was a sexy beast though.

• Like 1

Thanks mate,thought he was a nice guy.

These guys are playing with you.............they are referring to the Ben Kingsley character in the film "Sexy Beast" (sorry guys).

Lindsay was his name and after the bar shut he managed one in Soi Kepsup (Oasis bar I think) for a short while, before becoming the manager at Hemingways restaurant under Banzaan market. He stayed there for about a year and was talking about going back to the UK to top up the coffers, this after he quit his last job.

Whereabouts now..............not sure, but I do have an email address and local mobile number for him if you want to PM me.

These guys are playing with you.............they are referring to the Ben Kingsley character in the film "Sexy Beast" (sorry guys).

Lindsay was his name and after the bar shut he managed one in Soi Kepsup (Oasis bar I think) for a short while, before becoming the manager at Hemingways restaurant under Banzaan market. He stayed there for about a year and was talking about going back to the UK to top up the coffers, this after he quit his last job.

Whereabouts now..............not sure, but I do have an email address and local mobile number for him if you want to PM me.

Thanks Xylo for clarifying. I was thinking it must have been another Picadilly from the one I played darts in for many years. I think it was razed for the expansion of the Laimai hotel. Could be a 7.11 as well. How things change.

Thanks Xylo for clarifying. I was thinking it must have been another Picadilly from the one I played darts in for many years. I think it was razed for the expansion of the Laimai hotel. Could be a 7.11 as well. How things change.

Could be the same bar because Lindsay was an avid darts player and the bar was part of a local darts league. It was razed to make way for a minimart/7-11 and it did sit right next door to the hotel extension which has now been finished.

You're quite right about how things are changing here, and as an example, when I first came here I didn't like Nanai Road because it just seemed like a third rate road with bars etc to match, however after being here for a while it sort of grew on me and I then came to view it as somewhere rather "quaint" with its own personality.

Now look at the place............three hotels for sale, numerous small businesses for sale, a well fitted out pool club gone out of business as well as a few bars, five houses for sale in my former soi, with most of them being on the market for three or four years, small spec buildings going up with "for sale signs" on them already, and many other places closing down or for sale. Whilst all this is going on there is a brand-new development in train which is supposedly going to have about 500 apartments/condominiums for sale.

Really don't know what this place is coming to!

I got an email from Lins the other day and am glad to report he is doing okay. I have known him for many years and know for a fact that he does not have a bad temper. The old Piccadilly Bar is now a FamilyMart, not a 7-Eleven -- or at least that was the case last time I ventured over that way...

• Like 1

I got an email from Lins the other day and am glad to report he is doing okay. I have known him for many years and know for a fact that he does not have a bad temper. The old Piccadilly Bar is now a FamilyMart, not a 7-Eleven -- or at least that was the case last time I ventured over that way...

Also next door was Simply Red Bar run by Ian, had lots of good times in both and plenty of good rivalry at darts between the two,both bars where same landlord who terminated the leases to make the Family Mart