Over Bt90bn Thai bonds sold in two months

BOND MARKET
Over Bt90bn Thai bonds sold in two months
The Nation

30209523-01_big.jpg

Niwat Kanjanaphoomin

BANGKOK: -- Foreign net-sells of Thai bonds during May and June exceeded Bt90 billion, according to Thai Bond Market Association.

At the end of June, foreign holding of Thai bonds fell to Bt770 billion.

Niwat Kanjanaphoomin, president of the Thai Bond Market Association, attributed the sell-off to the scaling-down of quantitative easing in the US.

The bond market’s outlook depends on further injection in Japan and Europe, which has been slowing in recent months, he said.

Meanwhile, Thai BMA expects a total of Bt400 billion of corporate bonds would be issued this year, above the previous target of Bt300 billion. In the first half of this year, about Bt200 billion were issued.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-02

if you see how the country is run

and ridden with corrcuption

and now ridden with dirty rice

smart move investors, leave while you can

If you have been consistently saying that for the last 10 years then you have been getting it wrong.

Anyone know the easiest way to buy Thai Bonds as an individual? Last time I tried it took me a long time to get past all the blank looks and find someone who even knew what I was talking about, but even then trying to get a list of available bonds with associated info and stats was like pulling teeth! I gave up in the end, but I'll have a few million baht spare soon for investment here, and I always find Bonds are the best in the long run

And before all u "Financial Consultants (read insurance salesmen) start spamming me with your offers, don't bother, you'll either be ignored or abused :)

Edited by cyborgx

And before all u "Financial Consultants (read insurance salesmen) start spamming me with your offers, don't bother, you'll either be ignored or abused smile.png

LOL, I invest in long term investments also. I am consistently getting 7% up. The worst deal I ever made and still have by the way. Is the insurance mess. I hate these guys. Actually I hate all investment advisers... equally. Never made much until I started dictating my funds where i thought they should go.

• Like 1

And before all u "Financial Consultants (read insurance salesmen) start spamming me with your offers, don't bother, you'll either be ignored or abused smile.png

LOL, I invest in long term investments also. I am consistently getting 7% up. The worst deal I ever made and still have by the way. Is the insurance mess. I hate these guys. Actually I hate all investment advisers... equally. Never made much until I started dictating my funds where i thought they should go.

I agree, even with a minimal understanding of mathematics, anyone can realize that paying someone who's had no financial education, and just forms part of what is in a lot of cases is just a big Pyramid commission scheme, selling unit trusts that again are just kids gambling with other peoples money on things they know little to nothing about, and also taking a commission......, is just the investment strategy of a moron.

Still anyone got an answer to the question - what's the current easiest way to buy Thai Bonds at the moment?

I agree, even with a minimal understanding of mathematics, anyone can realize that paying someone who's had no financial education, and just forms part of what is in a lot of cases is just a big Pyramid commission scheme, selling unit trusts that again are just kids gambling with other peoples money on things they know little to nothing about, and also taking a commission......, is just the investment strategy of a moron.

Still anyone got an answer to the question - what's the current easiest way to buy Thai Bonds at the moment?

We make it easy if you want to invest in the bond market. You can buy and sell government bonds or corporate debentures at Bangkok Bank branches. We have on-line trading facilities at ten branches.

If you're an investor who wants security as well as good returns, government bonds may be the right option for you.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/InvestmentsAndDeposits/Bonds/Pages/Default.aspx

http://asianbondsonline.adb.org/thailand/buying.php

Google is your friend

Edited by waza

We make it easy if you want to invest in the bond market. You can buy and sell government bonds or corporate debentures at Bangkok Bank branches. We have on-line trading facilities at ten branches.

If you're an investor who wants security as well as good returns, government bonds may be the right option for you.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/InvestmentsAndDeposits/Bonds/Pages/Default.aspx

http://asianbondsonline.adb.org/thailand/buying.php

Google is your friend

Thx but have u actually used this service yourself? I don't need a tutorial or advice on what to buy, I've had bonds for years and used to work in Banking Sector half my life. I got to the point before of having people that were responsible for the service,, trouble was that they made it so difficult, couldn't provide decent price info or stats, and basically we useless....