success pizza - near dukes riverside

willfreeman

success pizza has opened up about 100 meters up the road from dukes riverside, they previously had a place at the student night market opposite the university on heaw keaw road. Went there yesterday the first day of trade at the new place and the pasta is still fantastic and the pizza is great aswell, give them a go i don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it strange that I have never seen it on posts with pizzas in them.

Now they move close to Dukes who has often been said to have the best pizza in town.

All of a sudden they are really good.

Have to check them out.

I do like pizza but can't say as though I have found any out standing pizza in Chiang Mai.

I wonder if they deliver?

The very best pizza in C.M .that i have had so far was in Poccini Italian Restaurant ,( but you are talking about Pasta ok ) but i am willing to give a new place a try .

Edited by anto

My money goes to Dukes pizza as still being the best. One thing about Dukes the quality and taste are consistent. Not great one day and taste like crap the next.

That's Duke's hallmark throughout their menu and I think that it goes a long way to explaining their success.

My money goes to Dukes pizza as still being the best. One thing about Dukes the quality and taste are consistent. Not great one day and taste like crap the next.

That's Duke's hallmark throughout their menu and I think that it goes a long way to explaining their success.

Dave is a smart businessman. He consistently provides a high quality product at reasonable prices. The service is fast and efficient. If you run a business this way, customers will return and encourage their friends to go as well.

• Like 2

Forget all of these places, make pizza at home.

We have family pizza night once a month, family event, everybody has to help. We lay out the normal toppings typically found n most pizza's and everybody

makes a pizza, and everybody eats a piece (or more) of all the pizza's made that evening.

Very easy to find the pizza bases already made and quite good, we buy pizza sauce in a can and sometimes also make it at home (bases and sauce from Rimping, and not expensive) and sometimes we make the sauce as part of the family event.

Great to get the family involved in a team activity.

• Like 2

+1

Haven't found anywhere that comes close. Duke's is the best.

Girasole by La Gondola does an excellent pizza crust but like all the other Italian restaurants in town is way too light on the toppings. Italian pizzas are generally light on the toppings but it seems Italian pizzas in C.M. take it one step further to the point that you get nothing but bread and sauce with the tiniest amount of cheese and meats, vegetables, etc.

Dave is a smart businessman. He consistently provides a high quality product at reasonable prices. The service is fast and efficient. If you run a business this way, customers will return and encourage their friends to go as well.

I agree. Which is why Dave is so successful. And, if you are unhappy about anything, just give him a call and he will take care of you - no need to post negative comments on the Internet. He would rather give a comp meal and have you be happy, return again and again and invite your friends to return again. He definitely understands the "big picture" in business.

• Like 1

When I go to Duke's, I have eaten pizza there about 15 times, I have told friends the pizzas are awesome and they have concurred. I have even converted people to BBQ sauce pizzas. They loved them. Over a one week period. I suspect my friends ate there about 8-10 times and pizza was always on the table. These guys were American with American appetites.

And for around 250B you can't beat the value! Other Pizzas here are poor in comparison.

But I would like to give these guys a go, too!!!

• Like 1

I used to be a huge fan of pizza's and the options in CM have improved substantially over the years, thankfully, there was a time when the choices here were dire or forget it! And whilst I'm a big supporter of Dave at the Dukes and of his menu's, my favorite pizza for the past year has been from Arcobaleno in Watkate because it's very light and small amounts of it don't interfere too badly with my blood glucose levels. So if you want to try a truly authentic Italian pizza, the owner is first generation Italian and very proudly come from a family of chefs, give it a try.

I used to be a huge fan of pizza's and the options in CM have improved substantially over the years, thankfully, there was a time when the choices here were dire or forget it! And whilst I'm a big supporter of Dave at the Dukes and of his menu's, my favorite pizza for the past year has been from Arcobaleno in Watkate because it's very light and small amounts of it don't interfere too badly with my blood glucose levels. So if you want to try a truly authentic Italian pizza, the owner is first generation Italian and very proudly come from a family of chefs, give it a try.

I've found Arcobeleno's to be good Italian-style pizza too though I think that the rest of their menu is stronger than their pizza.

There are a bunch of places with decent Italian style pizza in Chiang Mai, but one that does not get mentioned much is La Lanterna di Genova near Thapae gate. IMO, it is one of the best with lots of cheese.

I do prefer the Duke's and the slices at Butter is Better, but, for Italian style, La Lanterna di Genova is hard to beat.

haha yes ive been to several places and they are the best ive found

Dukes is the best in CM, with Yummy Pizza a close second. But will try this new place, so thanks for the heads up.

Duke's is way too big, served too hot and is the wrong shape.

• Like 1

haha yes ive been to several places and they are the best ive found

Dukes is the best in CM, with Yummy Pizza a close second. But will try this new place, so thanks for the heads up.

Duke's is way too big, served too hot and is the wrong shape.

One suspects that small cold oval shaped pizza's can easily be aranged, just ask your wait person.

rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1