success pizza - near dukes riverside

willfreeman

re

My friend ordered chicken in wine sauce and that was also very good for 100 baht

that looks good smile.png

is there a fries or mash choice to go with that do you know ?

dave2... will be along sometime soon smile.png

a pic ... the start of the storm over doi suthep at 5 pm today

post-42592-0-44768200-1373890502_thumb.j

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend and I went to Success Italian Restaurant today and the food was good.

First pic is the 'Success' pizza. The pizza was good and we had no complaints. it's thinner than Dukes, but that doesnt make it bad...it makes a good appetizer between friends since its not heavy, or a perfect meal for one. The average pizza price is 150 baht (although the 'success pizza' was 180)..Taste was very good , really tasty olives and dried tomatoes the ingredients were pretty high quality.

The second pic is the Schnitzel with mushroom sauce. ...the Schnitzel was 120 baht...This cured my craving for country fried steak, although it was pork it was dam_n good and not greasy (pic only shows half of it), the gravy wasn't too rich like down the road and the price was right. My friend ordered chicken in wine sauce and that was also very good for 100 baht. Thats the chunk you see in the pic.

Altogether it was a very nice experience and both my friend and I agree that we will be going back, and will probably be our new place for farang food cravings. Although there is large selection of pastas, there is also a large selection of meat dishes as well as vegetarian dishes. The ratio of pasta to meat dishes was about the same. They have items such as lamb and beef shank stew and bacon wrapped chicken etc...Pasta dishes also had a selection of seafood as well as traditional pasta dishes.

pizzas 150-180 baht

meat dishes 100-180 baht

pastas 100-150 baht

coke 20 baht

I say give this place a try as its quite possibly one of the most sensibly priced restaurants and the quality and taste is very acceptable.

If you do go, take some pictures and post them. The restaurant is open air, but there are many, many, many fans on the ceiling. We went at 330pm and were not hot once settled in and is also a good place to just look at things as they go by, since the entire front of the restaurant is fully open.

photo0087.jpg

photo0088.jpg

Now you've done it, at least a thousand posters will not bother going there on the strength of that picture alone, all the mistique is gone plus the pizza doesn't look that great either,

The pics and the review have had just the opposite effect on me. They have convinced me to give it a go and I will soon. Thanks for the effort.

• Like 2

Thanks KRS1 for the review. Nice to read a thought out opinion with the added bonus of pics. I'll be taking the family for sure but I like posts, good or bad, that are honest and thorough (not the many "I liked it" we get on here) realizing that there is always more to discover and why visiting can be still mistiefying

• Like 1

I went lasy week, had a pizza, was good enough to go back again for the price. Much prefer Duke's pizza but will go here a lot more often on price.

you mentioned the word "price" two times in you short posting. so you will sacrifice something that you like better (dukes) for cheaper but not as good new place

Not sure I would like the pizza. I prefer mine in sloces you can pick up with out having it fall all over the place. But it sounds OK for the price. Nice to know there is a place you can go to about the end of the month that has edable food. Defiantly have to try that Schnitzel out.

A friend of mine tells me they would not let him order a pizza with two meat toppings. Defiantly a bummer as I am a meat eater. I think that is one of those things one has to check out for them selves. Back where I come from they always had house specials with every thing on them at least 6 toppings. My favorite was one with Feta cheese.smile.png

• Like 1

I went lasy week, had a pizza, was good enough to go back again for the price. Much prefer Duke's pizza but will go here a lot more often on price.

you mentioned the word "price" two times in you short posting. so you will sacrifice something that you like better (dukes) for cheaper but not as good new place

I very rarely went to Duke's, I will go to Success Pizza more than I go to Duke's. Money is a factor in deciding what I eat, yes.

• Like 2

Can anyone please tell me which soi Success Pizza is in.

It's not on a soi. If you come from the west side of the Ping River across the old iron bridge, turn left onto the Chiang Mai Lamphun Road. The Ping River is on your left. Dukes is approximately 100 meters from the iron bridge on your right. Success Pizza is a further 50 m (approx) on your right. Google map coordinates approximately 18.785727,99.005178

I had the schnitzel with mushroom sauce today. Great value for 120 Baht.

• Like 1

I very rarely went to Duke's, I will go to Success Pizza more than I go to Duke's. Money is a factor in deciding what I eat, yes.
sad how you dilute your life based on economics

just the realities of life sometimes,

Can anyone please tell me which soi Success Pizza is in.

It's not on a soi. If you come from the west side of the Ping River across the old iron bridge, turn left onto the Chiang Mai Lamphun Road. The Ping River is on your left. Dukes is approximately 100 meters from the iron bridge on your right. Success Pizza is a further 50 m (approx) on your right. Google map coordinates approximately 18.785727,99.005178

I had the schnitzel with mushroom sauce today. Great value for 120 Baht.

Thanks and I'll be trying the schnitzel next week.

Otherwise we would all be living in a mansion in the South of France, eating Maine lobster and beluga caviar and drinking champagne every day.

Yes the expectations some of these trust fund babies have of people who worked all their life to earn enough to retire here in Thailand simply amazing. I have an income much greater than the minumum of 65,000 baht a month but I still have to pay attention to where I spend it.sad.png

The schnitzel at 120 baht sounds to good to be true definatly a must try.smile.png

Not that I run all around Chiang Mai that much but it is the first time I have heard of it here in Chiang Mai. I am sure it can be found in other restaurants.giggle.gif

not however the realities of a well thought out rewarding life where everything becomes quantitative rather than qualitative

Everyone makes their own decisions with the choices have. I'd recommend for example to someone who eats out once a week and shares an app and orders a less expensive entree to cut down to three times monthly and have their own app, eat whatever they want and still be able to leave a good tip. But this is coming from a foodies perspective not one who looks at their weekly dinner out as a social event to look forward to. But anyway who says life is fair and further more I know lots of people who are not rich and not sad!

Otherwise we would all be living in a mansion in the South of France, eating Maine lobster and beluga caviar and drinking champagne every day.

what a meaningless ridiculous posting. I lived in the south for if France for decades and living in Boston as well are Maine lobster often. your analogy is lost on me

what a meaningless ridiculous posting. I lived in the south for if France for decades and living in Boston as well are Maine lobster often. your analogy is lost on me

For someone who pays 11k a month in rent and enjoys ritz crackers, I think not!

• Like 1

not however the realities of a well thought out rewarding life where everything becomes quantitative rather than qualitative

Very few people buy "top shelf" all the time. Unless one has the budget of Bill Gates it's typical for a trade-off to be made between price and quality when spending money.

But if your specific concern is about "price" being mentioned so often in reviews of Success Pizza, the reason is that low price is the most distinguishing feature of the restaurant. They are offering fair quality food at a fair price. There are many Italian places in town where you can get higher quality food at higher prices but there also are some that just have higher prices. Some people will find Success Pizza to be a good trade-off.

In his post he indicartes that he is interested in "quantitative rather than qualitative.

Seems to me he would be shopping at the cheapest places he can to get the most items for his money Quality is not a concern to him. According to his post.

"not however the realities of a well thought out rewarding life where everything becomes quantitative rather than qualitative"