Phuket Immigration: British realtor to be deported

Lite Beer

1372755892_1.jpg

Daffurn showing the size of the fish he caught that morning and is willing to give to immigration if they let him go...

(typo edited)

Or it could be "I'll give you a wad of notes this big if you let me go"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door"....Thailand takes in anyone, as welcoming as the Statue of Liberty! Happy 4th of July!

• Like 1

Question is, has he got his own home to go back to in the UK after he has been deported?

If not, I know a good realtor.

He entered illegally in the first place, will probably be back again in 1 day.

44 years old? More like 64, either that or he's had a hard life.

Selling and scamming good people out of the hard earned cash, seems to only for the select few. It can be seen that it was hard work for this guy and thus he has aged more so than the normal working person. As many have said here is another reason that the immi is playing hard on the rest; he should do some time to stop the plague of cheaters.

1372755892_1.jpg

Daffurn showing the size of the fish he caught that morning and is willing to give to immigration if they let him go...

(typo edited)

Or it could be "I'll give you a wad of notes this big if you let me go"

"really, officer, she was kinda skinny, about this size, and told me I don't need a visa if coming from Malaysia"

The distinction that someone posted above defining the difference between a Realtor and a real estate agent, at least in the U.S., is correct.

Realtors are licensed and have to pass exams and certification, etc... In the U.S. as I recall, to have a realty firm, there has to be at least one Realtor with a license, and then the non licensed agents can work under the Realtor.

But in Thailand, I've never heard or seen of anything about licensing of real estate people, realtors or otherwise.

AFAIK, a monkey could be a real estate agent in Thailand, as long as he/she is a Thai citizen.

It's true; only Thais may sell land or real estate. Legally they can only sell land to Thais and foreigners are not permitted to own land. Like all laws here this is circumnavigated through the farce of the Thai Nominee company, which is also illegal.

So, illegal foreign workers selling real estate illegally to foreigners who cannot legally own it. Yep, that would be LOS.

You would have to have your brain removed before buying any type of real estate in Thailand - rent it and don't worry about it. Buy it and face the real prospect of having it confiscated. Why would you waste your money... ah yes that would come down to the old saying; 'A fool and their money is soon parted.'

Thai Government to Investigate All Phuket Property Ownership Titles
  • Like 1

isnt siam real ***** fully revolving around british realtors? Always see a bunch of them with the company camry leisuring around small restaurants talking about real estate and ladies of the patong

I'm sure I have seen many foreign real estate agents here, unless the term "realtor" means something different in Thai.

Realtor, a profession reserved for Thais, since 2011? Is this True? Can only Thai sell Land in Thailand or Just Phuket?

Try reading the text properly, do you know what comma's are for? "as a realtor, a profession reserved for Thais, since 2011."

I'm afraid some of my compatriots may lack good grammar, but generally make up for it with good intentions. Any farang exploiting Thai people should be deported. We are guests here in this country.

You would have to have your brain removed before buying any type of real estate in Thailand - rent it and don't worry about it.

exactly, for the price I'm renting I should live there another 24 years before it gets more "expensive" than buying. great house, great landlord.

• Like 1

I hope, that before they are deporting him, he has to stay a year or two in "Bangkok Hilton" because he entered Thailand illegally and than they can send him home, with a big stamp "Never to return to Thailand" clap2.gif

what a nasty man you are,,,,,did he hurt your feelings in some way,,????,,,,,coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I hope, that before they are deporting him, he has to stay a year or two in "Bangkok Hilton" because he entered Thailand illegally and than they can send him home, with a big stamp "Never to return to Thailand" clap2.gif

what a nasty man you are,,,,,did he hurt your feelings in some way,,????,,,,,coffee1.gif

No I am not nasty, but I see him as an illegal migrant and not as an assylum seeker or political refugee. We have laws and rules if we enter a foreign country and the one who does not stick to the rules, should get punished and that is it. thumbsup.gif

Another " perp walk" or in this case "perp photo" to make a point about protecting Thai jobs, culture, etc. More like a warning announcement to walk the line in Thailand. Yes, the guy was guilty but these over exposed events are a bit over done.

No I am not nasty, but I see him as an illegal migrant and not as an assylum seeker or political refugee. We have laws and rules if we enter a foreign country and the one who does not stick to the rules, should get punished and that is it. thumbsup.gif

So 'NASTY' would these rules or terms in prison be official ones or ones you've just made up. mm nasty.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door".. Happy 4th of July!

Ahhhhhhhhh....the good ole days. When labor was needed, potato pickers, skyscraper monkeys, fruit vendors, laundry keeps and railroad workers. Put em in.

Funny thing about Thailand, they want to keep nice little jobs like realtors reserved for Thais and give all the jobs on fishing boats to slaves from Cambodia and Myanmar.

just like northern africans ended up in europe some decades ago, doing the dirty jobs the 'natives' didn't wanna do... thailand is not unique.

Sure he is only 44? look a lot older more like 64. If he entered the country illegally I guess he has upset a rival who has alerted the immigration authorities, He may have been better off setting up his business elsewhere in the country where it is not so cut throat. Why are the other 3 guys standing behind him if he is merely talking to one guy? oh photo op sorry.

Thai Real Estate can really age you ... rolleyes.gif

if it doesn't kill you 1st.

isnt siam real ***** fully revolving around british realtors? Always see a bunch of them with the company camry leisuring around small restaurants talking about real estate and ladies of the patong

I'm sure I have seen many foreign real estate agents here, unless the term "realtor" means something different in Thai.

They are right across the country

I read somewhere recently that Thai Immigration know full well that there are thousands of illegals living in Thailand but they just don't have the resources to chase them up. I met one young guy recently who overstayed three years. He had twenty thousand on him and a ticket out. He was told go straight to the airport, pay the overstay fine and leave. Asked if he could return he was told no problem. The trouble arises for overstays it seems, is when the local police catch you and not the immigration police. So many stories and variations on the theme. For example it was reported in Phuketwan (online newsblog) that the phuket overstay man Mr J. Nelson, was told that if he could not pay the overstay he would have to remain behind bars at the rate of two hundred baht a day until the twenty thousand was paid. =100 days+

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door"....Thailand takes in anyone, as welcoming as the Statue of Liberty! Happy 4th of July!

Today is the 3rd of July

Cheerio ole chap back to blighty for they.

I thought the UK was full of illegal immigrants,seems its just as bad here now a days.

Yes but where the Thais deport them, the stupid Brits find them a home and welcome them. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Sure he is only 44? look a lot older more like 64. If he entered the country illegally I guess he has upset a rival who has alerted the immigration authorities, He may have been better off setting up his business elsewhere in the country where it is not so cut throat. Why are the other 3 guys standing behind him if he is merely talking to one guy? oh photo op sorry.

Thai Real Estate can really age you ... rolleyes.gif

Especially with all the lies and bullshit you have to hand out . whistling.gif