Phuket Immigration: British realtor to be deported

Lite Beer

isnt siam real ***** fully revolving around british realtors? Always see a bunch of them with the company camry leisuring around small restaurants talking about real estate and ladies of the patong

I'm sure I have seen many foreign real estate agents here, unless the term "realtor" means something different in Thai.

Realtor, a profession reserved for Thais, since 2011? Is this True? Can only Thai sell Land in Thailand or Just Phuket?

It is written correctly, the part between the commas (,) separates the fact that he has been working as a realtor since 2011 and fact that being a realtor is a profession reserved for Thai's.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is written correctly, the part between the commas (,) separates the fact that he has been working as a realtor since 2011 and fact that being a realtor is a profession reserved for Thai's.

Here is the most recent list of reserved occupations I can find (the 2005 version):

1 Labor work, except crewmen engaging in fishery activities included under Item 2 below;

2 Cultivation, animal breeding, forestry and fishery work, except for labor work in maritime fisheries and work requiring specific skills in farm supervision;

3 Masonry, carpentry, or other construction work;

4 Wood carving;

5 Driving motor vehicles or non-motorized carriers, except for piloting international aircraft;

6 Shop attendant;

7 Auctioneering;

8 Supervising, auditing or giving services in accounting, except occasional international auditing;

9 Gem cutting and polishing;

10 Hair cutting, hairdressing and beautician work;

11 Hand weaving;

12 Mat weaving or making of wares from reed, rattan, kenaf, straw or bamboo pulp;

13 Manufacture of manual fibrous paper;

14 Manufacture of lacquerware;

15 Thai musical instrument production;

16 Manufacture of nielloware;

17 Goldsmith, silversmith and other precious metal work;

18 Manufacture of bronzeware;

19 Thai doll making;

20 Manufacture of mattresses and padded blankets;

21 Alms bowl making;

22 Manual silk product making;

23 Buddha image making;

24 Manufacture of knives;

25 Paper and cloth umbrella fabrication;

26 Shoemaking;

27 Hat making;2

28 Brokerage or agency work, except in international business

29 Engineering work, civil engineering branch, that concerns planning and calculation, systemization, research, planning, testing, construction supervision or advisory work, except work requiring specialized skills;

30 Architectural work concerning designing, drawing, estimating, construction supervision, or advisory work;

31 Dressmaking;

32 Pottery or ceramics;

33 Manual cigarette rolling;

34 Tourist guide or tour organizing agency;

35 Hawking business;

36 Thai character type setting;

37 Manual silk reeling and weaving;

38 Clerical or secretarial work;

39 Legal or litigation service, except

a: Working as arbitrator

b: Conducting law suits in Arbitration Court in cases where the law which enforces the dispute is not Thai Law or in cases that do not require judgment of Arbitration in the Kingdom of Thailand

Where does it mention realtor/real estate agent?

• Like 1

I hope, that before they are deporting him, he has to stay a year or two in "Bangkok Hilton" because he entered Thailand illegally and than they can send him home, with a big stamp "Never to return to Thailand" clap2.gif

you're a bit of a c#nt aren't ya?

No I just believe that EVERY country in this world has the right to protect its borders. he entered Thailand illegally and that is the fact, so now let him suffer the consequences, if YOU like it or not I can't care less coffee1.gif

But tribalfusion001 is still making a correct and valid point, that is ..;winter comes along and it's freezing cold, he may then regret not getting a visa to stay legally in Thailand,

Why on earth wouldn't he be regretting it when the time comes? Choice or no choice he will for sure be regretting it..Yes? rolleyes.gif

Not particularly. You are making the usual Thai assumption that Thailand is the centre of the universe, only country with warm weather. Have funds, can travel.

The crime against the legal system is being in Thailand illegally.

The crime against morality is selling time share properties. They don't come much lower than that, a disgraceful industry indeed.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

Here is the most recent list of reserved occupations I can find (the 2005 version):

1          Labor work, except crewmen engaging in fishery activities included under Item 2 below;

2          Cultivation, animal breeding, forestry and fishery work, except for labor work in maritime fisheries and work requiring specific skills in farm supervision;

3          Masonry, carpentry, or other construction work;

4          Wood carving;

5          Driving motor vehicles or non-motorized carriers, except for piloting international aircraft;

6          Shop attendant;

7          Auctioneering;

8          Supervising, auditing or giving services in accounting, except occasional international auditing;

9          Gem cutting and polishing;

10         Hair cutting, hairdressing and beautician work;

11         Hand weaving;

12         Mat weaving or making of wares from reed, rattan, kenaf, straw or bamboo pulp;

13         Manufacture of manual fibrous paper;

14         Manufacture of lacquerware;

15         Thai musical instrument production;

16         Manufacture of nielloware;

17         Goldsmith, silversmith and other precious metal work;

18         Manufacture of bronzeware;

19         Thai doll making;

20         Manufacture of mattresses and padded blankets;

21         Alms bowl making;

22         Manual silk product making;

23         Buddha image making;

24         Manufacture of knives;

25         Paper and cloth umbrella fabrication;

26         Shoemaking;

27         Hat making;2

28         Brokerage or agency work, except in international business

29         Engineering work, civil engineering branch, that concerns planning and calculation, systemization, research, planning, testing, construction supervision or advisory work, except work requiring specialized skills;

30         Architectural work concerning designing, drawing, estimating, construction supervision, or advisory work;

31         Dressmaking;

32         Pottery or ceramics;

33         Manual cigarette rolling;

34         Tourist guide or tour organizing agency;

35         Hawking business;

36         Thai character type setting;

37         Manual silk reeling and weaving;

38         Clerical or secretarial work;

39         Legal or litigation service, except

a:   Working as arbitrator

b: Conducting law suits in Arbitration Court in cases where the law which enforces the dispute is not Thai Law or in cases that do not require judgment of Arbitration in the Kingdom of Thailand

Number 28

I agree this guest stuff is nonsense..if you take that attitude you will be royally screwed.

Like gentleman Jim I paid more taxes than 99% Thais, my accountant use to wonder why,because I want to be legit, correct visa, pay international school fees etc..ran my own business..

Rent only, this is another rubbish statement, some people have families, decent wives and seek security..then buy.

I had lived here 10+ years before I bought my first property. Bought when the opportunity was there, dollar was 45 , good condos in good locations at under 35k per sq mt,the house was a family home, sold that at a loss, the condos have been good investments to date.

I am guest I will only rent...blah blah blah..no risk..no reward..don't s..t yourself as you walk down the street..

Just be sensible, not emotional,not paranoiac..

There is a strong argument for not buying at this time but prices ain't going to fall, the value will be if the exchange rate moves more favorably towards the dollar, euro and sterling.. I will buy then plus the new consolidated market in 2015 will be another impetus on demand..

But tribalfusion001 is still making a correct and valid point, that is ..;winter comes along and it's freezing cold, he may then regret not getting a visa to stay legally in Thailand,

Why on earth wouldn't he be regretting it when the time comes? Choice or no choice he will for sure be regretting it..Yes? rolleyes.gif

Not particularly. You are making the usual Thai assumption that Thailand is the centre of the universe, only country with warm weather. Have funds, can travel.

I really don't believe that Thai's make assumptions...about anything,actually..

Edited by andreandre

I hope, that before they are deporting him, he has to stay a year or two in "Bangkok Hilton" because he entered Thailand illegally and than they can send him home, with a big stamp "Never to return to Thailand" clap2.gif

you're a bit of a c#nt aren't ya?

No I just believe that EVERY country in this world has the right to protect its borders. he entered Thailand illegally and that is the fact, so now let him suffer the consequences, if YOU like it or not I can't care less coffee1.gif

It's got nothing to do with what I like and you care about, I'm just calling you out on your small minded schadenfreud directed towards a pitiful character. The suggestion that someone should be locked in a cage for a few years, just to teach him a lesson for crossing an imaginary line without permission displays a lack of empathy and that lap-dog mentality that drives many to fellate the rod of power in the hope that it might make their uninteresting lives a bit more special. At the end of the day, this guy has done nothing to you, and his actions had less venom in them than your words. You probably would have cheered at the crucifixion of both Christ and Spartacus....and I bet you'd love to see Snowden hang.

What about all the other illegals from all neighboring lands, should they all be banged up for a few years too? Why should this man's misadventure be a source of pleasure to you? You're not the only one either.... some of the people on this board are pretty sad.

28 Brokerage or agency work, except in international business

Brokerage covers a lot of businesses.