Best cheap tablet

eezergood

Sub 10K, you may not get all the features you want, or the screen resolution or size you'd like.

Best to describe exactly what you'll be doing with it.

For 2999, I like my Aigopad M80D 8". It doesn't have SIM slot, GPS or Bluetooth, but does have HDMI out. I use it 90% for watching videos at home and in hotels with crappy cable TV, so it works for me. Their newer M80E seems to omit HDMI output.

For 1699, I like my Aigopad M60 6". No SIM, GPS or Bluetooth, but it's pocket sized and I use it for music, videos and solitaire to save the battery on my cell phone.

Not an endorsement of Aigopads because I have no other units to compare. They work for me but I may be dazzled by other choices I haven't tried.

Watch movies, keep my wife entertained whilst at the beach ∧ too big to carry around as we have a laptop already. She is about to give birth so portable is the key - Need wifi & not sure about a sim

Edited by eezergood

The Imobile I-Note 3 selling for under 5k seems to be a good option and seems to be available from Lotus.

http://www.siamphone.com/en/i-mobile/i-note_wifi_3.htm

I was about to mention i-mobile.

They have a shop in Tesco Lotus on Pattaya North or as Lopburi says, check their web site for all their units - 5 that I know of currently.

i-mobile might not seem fashionable to some, but the specs look good on their units.

General :

• Android 4.0
  • CPU: ARM Cortex A9 Dual-core 1.2GHz AML8726-MX
  • GPU: Mali-400
  • ROM/RAM: 8GB / 1 GB
  • External memory: Micro SD card, up to 32 GB
  • Motion Sensor
  • Multi language
  • Dimension 129x206x11 mm.
  • Weight include battery (342 g.)
  • Design Tablet
- See more at: http://product.i-mobilephone.com/1127_i-mobile-i-note-wifi-3-Tablet#sthash.pYaK6Qud.dpuf
Edited by pattayadingo

Took my own advise and bought the Imobile I-Note 3 from Lotus today and find it is running 4.1.1 and once I got it switched to English has been working great. I am a novice on Android so can not say it it better or worse than anything but so far very happy with it - seems like a solid unit and can see no reason to spend more.