Commerce Ministry lambasted for corruption in rice purchases

webfact

wai2.gif Ms Supawai2.gif Respect!

But I am afraid, part of your jobdescribtion as "permanent secretary" is going to change very soon. Secretary yes, but permanent no.whistling.gif

Maybe a new desk at the Ministery of Labor!w00t.gif

Your a bit late she was relieved of duties when the report was leaked about 2 weeks ago but has been reinstated due to public pressure, the only honest government employee in Thailand

What the government and our dear PM Yingluck will do about this? Well, that clearly spelled out today by said PM

"Regarding a senior Finance Ministry officials allegations of widespread corruption in the rice pledging scheme, Ms Yingluck said details and evidence of corruption should be submitted to the government.
The government is ready to take legal action against corrupt people, she said."

Of course 2011/2012 with THB 352 billion spent and 'only 137 bililon lost till now is just bad luck and surely no corruption. Mind you a few weeks ago we also had Minister of the Prime Minister's Office Varathep defending the MoC in saying that 'no way' they lost THB 226 billion. It was like "the government spent Bt352 billion to buy 21.7 million tonnes of rice in the 2011/2012 crop while Bt156 billion worth of rice remains in the stockpiles and the sold volume was Bt59 billion, leaving net losses of Bt136.908 billion."

Now with details on rice stock sold State Secrets of importance to the National Security and not to be disclosed, Iwonder if k. Varathep will be charged for disclosing State Secrets.

I think the PM's public response to the accusiation was 'prove it to me' This statement/attitude not only reflects on the present governments response to concerned groups, citizens, and HONEST public officials, but the mafia style thinking so prevelent in Thailand's present government . "Do you know who I am"

For any leader to tell a civil serent who points out problem areas in a program that is costing billions, "to prove corruption", when she (the PM) is in charge of the groups who have been stonewalling, lieing, distorting figures/facts, etc would be considered criminal conspiracy in the real world.

It would appear that the, be patient, I/we are doing our best, I have ordered, I have instructed,, ask those who were assigned this project, has moved into the Shin ego mode, which has been displayed time and time again. KISS my arse.

• Like 1