Remote control helicopter chargers?

zeekgarcia

Does anyone know if you can buy a plug in home charger to charge the battery pack in a remote control helicopter?

The one we just got and did not know that it charges from the batteries in the remote. You put the batteries in the remote and remove another cover that has a wire that plugs into the helicopter to charge the battery pack in the helicopter.

The helicopter has a 3.7v 220mah Li-polymer battery in it. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks

You can buy multi-voltage multi-fitting chargers in travel accessory places and sometimes in places like BigC. I use one for just about everything, including the remote of the helicopter. I haven't bother to try charging the helicopter itself directly, but I attach a photo to give you some idea.

Hope this helps smile.png

post-122054-0-32459600-1372860222_thumb.

Edited by jpinx

I am an RC helicopter guy. Why do you need another charger? I have a half dozen of these micro helicopters and all you do is plug the helicopter into the remote and wait 15 or 20 minutes for it to charge. When the remote (alkaline) batteries go dead, just buy new ones.

BTW you can not charge a lipo battery with the charger mentioned above. Lipos are sensitive to charging and require Lipo specific chargers to do the job. It can ruin the battery or it can even explode, lipos are known to do that if they arent charged properly or overcharged.

PM me if you need any help. I have been flying these things for 30 years.