New Bigbike

An early oil change is the most important thing- swap it out (including filter) at 100km and again at 1000km (or even 500km)- you'll probably have small bits of metal floating around after the first few clicks, and you want to get it out as soon as possible.

It's a pain and a bit excessive, but a little effort now can save you trouble later.

• Like 1

Okay I just covered 140km so will go change oil and filter before heading back out and check for and metal floaters.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No problem I will change oil and filter as easy enough to do and will only let them do it when its in for bigger service but will bear that in mind. Thanks

You may or may not see metal- it's not indicative of a problem (at this point) if you do- it's common at break-in.

Very nice bike you've got there- if you bring it back to RB for the service, don't let them tell you the filter doesn't need to be changed- insist on it.

No problem I will change oil and filter as easy enough to do and will only let them do it when its in for bigger service but will bear that in mind. Thanks

i change oil and filter after at 100 km and change them again at 1000 km.

i ride my bike like hell and redline it and do sudden acceleration and deceleration and engine breaking. I ride like i stole my bike especially during first 1000 km.

i dont use full synthetic until 5000 km and stay with semi synthetic.

• Like 1

Coming off the R6 it would be nice to hear your impressions

after you have some mile on the R1.

I did the same step but on Honda RR's back home.

Would like to hear your thoughts if you have time later

• Like 1

Yep ! it would be nice to hear how your doing.

My son had a R6 went to a GSXR750 and now he has an R1.

When asked he said the R6 was great you could abuse it, the Suk750 could keep up with 1000's but in a straight line they would leave you, now the R1 Dad well, I know it needs a bloody lot of respect, it's unbelievable.

• Like 1

Lovely bike, I'll second those comments above - it would be interesting to hear. I'm currently on a 600 and considering a move to a litre bike (probably a CBR). I've ridden litre bikes for short periods of time (like 20 minutes!) but never really lived with one or got used to one. Be interesting to hear the pluses and minuses.

• Like 1

i ride my bike like hell and redline it and do sudden acceleration and deceleration and engine breaking. I ride like i stole my bike especially during first 1000 km.

I am tempted to open it up like yourself but will try and resist the temptation;) Thanks for imput on oil change and types.

It must be nice to be able to ride something edgy like an R1. Good luck with it.

Not sure how to take that but I am sure you mean in a good way. ;)

Coming off the R6 it would be nice to hear your impressions

after you have some mile on the R1.

I did the same step but on Honda RR's back home.

Would like to hear your thoughts if you have time later

Yeah no problem I will get back on that in say 6 months but I do love the R6 really loved being in high revs and kinda wanted to keep it but thought a step up would be nice also.

Yep ! it would be nice to hear how your doing.

My son had a R6 went to a GSXR750 and now he has an R1.

When asked he said the R6 was great you could abuse it, the Suk750 could keep up with 1000's but in a straight line they would leave you, now the R1 Dad well, I know it needs a bloody lot of respect, it's unbelievable.

I will agree there with the R6 loved it and really loves to be opened right up and red lined. Had many a good days riding on it around country roads in SaKaeo especially the main road to aranyapratet.;)

• Like 1

Lovely bike, I'll second those comments above - it would be interesting to hear. I'm currently on a 600 and considering a move to a litre bike (probably a CBR). I've ridden litre bikes for short periods of time (like 20 minutes!) but never really lived with one or got used to one. Be interesting to hear the pluses and minuses. 

Thanks Jonny. From my short time on the bike I have yet to go above 7000rpm but at this speed it is easy to ride and not a heavy bike could compair it to the 600 in terms of weight and at the lower rpm it is very easy to ride however there are 3 settings on the bike A,B and standard which I have set at standard I look forward to using A setting I believe to be sports mode and I am sure I will understand why it must respected. :D

• Like 1

It would be fairly difficult to do a hard motoman break-in on an R1 in Thailand haha. Remember, hit the redline in 6th then engine-brake down the gears from then on. :rolleyes:

One thing I'd recommend is to get it up to running temp and only ride for 20 minutes, let it cool down for 20 mins before doing it again. Repeat a few times while varying the RPMS. That of course is for a bike just out of the box with 0km on it though, which I doubt yours has now.

Nice machine, you plan to change the pipes at all?

Edited by 1020
  • Like 1

did you do a dyno test already? would like to know if the motoman breakin really gives more hp.

It would be fairly difficult to do a hard motoman break-in on an R1 in Thailand haha. Remember, hit the redline in 6th then engine-brake down the gears from then on. :rolleyes:

One thing I'd recommend is to get it up to running temp and only ride for 20 minutes, let it cool down for 20 mins before doing it again. Repeat a few times while varying the RPMS. That of course is for a bike just out of the box with 0km on it though, which I doubt yours has now.

Nice machine, you plan to change the pipes at all?

Yes just done around 140km and difficult to only ride 20 minutes at a time ;) No plans to change the pipes I really like the bike the way it is.

• Like 1

what kind of deal you got?

i m also planning to buy an inline four next year.

Deal was okay on my R6 sure I would have got more private but could not wait to sell it.

• Like 1