Jomtien Skyscraper

Artisan

I read construction cost will be 5 billion baht-bar math is 1.2 billion usd-quote from the developer is expected sales of 200 million usd-left me a bit confused.....??? How are we making money here?

Why not check your maths again why not?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yippee I can see my house.. :D

Isn't that where this building's garbage containers are going to be located ? :o

:D

Yes that's it, my house can already easily be mistaken for garbage containers so not much change there.... :D

I read construction cost will be 5 billion baht-bar math is 1.2 billion usd-quote from the developer is expected sales of 200 million usd-left me a bit confused.....??? How are we making money here?

My math tells me that 5 billion baht is about 125 million US (at 40 to 1). :o

Still, other projects in the area have sold 75% or less, and the one quote I saw (dated June 06) says Ocean 1 has a grand total of 79 confirmed sales so far (out of what seems to be a planned 611 unit ?)

Even then, who confirms the purchase of a condo in a building that hasn't even been reviewed by the local authorities (and hence doesn't have any kind of building approval) ?

"What's that you say ? You are thinking about building a high-rise condo complex in Thailand ? Sure, I'll buy one ! Here's a blank cheque, when you figure out how expensive they'll be, just fill in the numbers.

Oh yeah, if you remember, could you let me know when my condo will be completed ? I might want to look at it one day before trying to resell it."

Here is a link to the Ocean 1 website. You can look at the floor plans, location map (crappy) and other info:

Ocean 1

This guy apparently is connected to the company and has pretty good knowledge about the inner details of the project, including prices:

Chad

Construction is scheduled to start in December and you'll be able to watch it on a live webcam (that could be scary, especially if you are thinking about buying/living there !).

My math tells me that 5 billion baht is about 125 million US (at 40 to 1). :D

Still, other projects in the area have sold 75% or less, and the one quote I saw (dated June 06) says Ocean 1 has a grand total of 79 confirmed sales so far (out of what seems to be a planned 611 unit ?)

Even then, who confirms the purchase of a condo in a building that hasn't even been reviewed by the local authorities (and hence doesn't have any kind of building approval) ?

"What's that you say ? You are thinking about building a high-rise condo complex in Thailand ? Sure, I'll buy one ! Here's a blank cheque, when you figure out how expensive they'll be, just fill in the numbers.

Oh yeah, if you remember, could you let me know when my condo will be completed ? I might want to look at it one day before trying to resell it."

Here is a link to the Ocean 1 website. You can look at the floor plans, location map (crappy) and other info:

Ocean 1

This guy apparently is connected to the company and has pretty good knowledge about the inner details of the project, including prices:

Chad

Construction is scheduled to start in December and you'll be able to watch it on a live webcam (that could be scary, especially if you are thinking about buying/living there !).

i have no idea where all this talk comes from 90% is never right are thse people city planners

or they personal frinds of the developers :o

Embarressed and apologetic I am

i bought a condo with good views on the skyscrapper plot, lets hope they are NOT working 24hrs..

I NEED A SLEEP!!!!!

Best of luck for your sleeping arrangements, not only have you got a skycrapper outside your window but in a short time you will be able to watch them build 2nd road.

How they gonna do that? Build a major road and construct a major building at the same time, methinks they might have to kamoy the new traffic lights outside Carefore to help control the mayhem.

Anyone else think this will stick out like a sore thumb?? :D Can imagine all the suicides off said building too. :D

Maybe it will have double glazed none opening windoze, or maybe it will never get built :o .....

Maybe it will have double glazed none opening windoze, or maybe it will never get built :o .....

Hi Rimmer, you think it might be pie in the sky, eh?

In my humble opinion, no it will not get built.

They will build something eventually but there are too many factors against building anything over 7 or 10 stories.

Edited by Rimmer

They will build something eventually but there are too many factors against building anything over 7 or 10 stories.

...do you think that it will go south just like "The Sails" that was planned for Na Jomtien?

Edited by Artisan

...do you think that it will go south just like "The Sails" that was planned for Na Jomtien?

The Sails raised a lot of money in deposits and such then the major investors pulled out at which time the monies were returned. Maybe time will show up the similarities, or not as the case may be.

Just found this thread and skimmed through 106 posts, so just to summaries;

When out in Thailand last April I first learned of this project and it was going to be 92 stories high, the tallest residential building in Asia, they were selling of the plans starting at 90,000Baht per square meter, soon to rise to 100,000Bahts and there was also a premium rising with each floor level.

Majestic?, I assumed this was going to be another View Talay project as it appears to be on land that I assumed was part of the View Talay Residencies, this fits in well with sales pitch of View Talay, basically misleading to prospective purchasers and s***ing on them afterwards, ie they sold the villas on the assumption that they will never be over looked and you could skinny dip in your pool without any problems, then when all villas are built they then build four seven stories high residency blocks over looking the site, now they have I presume nearly sold all the residencies so now plan to build this monstrosity overlooking the residencies and villas.

At those prices just how many more Thai’s can afford to buy the needed 51%, another dash to the land registry on completion whereby almost 51% of the owners are unable to own in their own name so chance it to the scams that circumvent the law on ownership of property in Thailand.

The sewage issue, looking at Google Earth I see what I think is a waste treatment plant not to far away so hopefully that should not be a problem particularly as the total waste from this site would be no greater that any of the other major condominium projects already established in Jomtien.

The issue of the pressure in the pipes, at a height of 350meters assuming the pipe was full of water then the pressure at the bottom would be about 35bar/525PSI about 20 time greater than the pressure in you car tyres (I hope they don’t use that blue plastic piping), they will probably have to pump the water up in stages so there will be water tanks and pumps at a number of stages up the building.

Roads and car parking, the road past this site will need to be widened, so the frontages to the residencies will be robbed, and just where do you think they are going to park all those cars and service vehicles?

Looking at the site last April it looked like they were preparing to sink a load of piles in to the site just like what they did for the seven story residencies, I would have thought that the would have had to excavate down at least 3 stories to get a suitable foundation, looks like Jomtien is to get its own leaning tower.

The big question is why they need to build so high when there is so much land around???

BB

:D-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-08-12 22:49:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The big question is why they need to build so high when there is so much land around???

BB

Chances are it won't end up quite as advertised. As another poster mentioned, only about 2 of 5 proposed high rises like this ever actually get built.

A lot will depend on financing of course. If they can pre-sell enough units to make it feasible, then it might happen. Other wise, the size may be scaled back, or the project could be abandoned completely.

Construction is due to start in December. Guess we'll have to wait and see. :o

[very good analyse basil

concerning water they plan to make pumping on tree level on the building but with plastic pipe !!!!

:o quote name='Basil B' date='2006-08-12 22:49:02' post='846017]

When out in Thailand last April I first learned of this project and it was going to be 92 stories high, the tallest residential building in Asia, they were selling of the plans starting at 90,000Baht per square meter, soon to rise to 100,000Bahts and there was also a premium rising with each floor level.

Majestic?, I assumed this was going to be another View Talay project as it appears to be on land that I assumed was part of the View Talay Residencies, this fits in well with sales pitch of View Talay, basically misleading to prospective purchasers and s***ing on them afterwards, ie they sold the villas on the assumption that they will never be over looked and you could skinny dip in your pool without any problems, then when all villas are built they then build four seven stories high residency blocks over looking the site, now they have I presume nearly sold all the residencies so now plan to build this monstrosity overlooking the residencies and villas.

At those prices just how many more Thai’s can afford to buy the needed 51%, another dash to the land registry on completion whereby almost 51% of the owners are unable to own in their own name so chance it to the scams that circumvent the law on ownership of property in Thailand.

The sewage issue, looking at Google Earth I see what I think is a waste treatment plant not to far away so hopefully that should not be a problem particularly as the total waste from this site would be no greater that any of the other major condominium projects already established in Jomtien.

The issue of the pressure in the pipes, at a height of 350meters assuming the pipe was full of water then the pressure at the bottom would be about 35bar/525PSI about 20 time greater than the pressure in you car tyres (I hope they don’t use that blue plastic piping), they will probably have to pump the water up in stages so there will be water tanks and pumps at a number of stages up the building.

Roads and car parking, the road past this site will need to be widened, so the frontages to the residencies will be robbed, and just where do you think they are going to park all those cars and service vehicles?

Looking at the site last April it looked like they were preparing to sink a load of piles in to the site just like what they did for the seven story residencies, I would have thought that the would have had to excavate down at least 3 stories to get a suitable foundation, looks like Jomtien is to get its own leaning tower.

BB

:o-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-08-12 22:49:02)

BB

They don't and they won't....

Wait and see.

[very good analyse basil

concerning water they plan to make pumping on tree level on the building but with plastic pipe !!!!

:D quote name='Basil B' date='2006-08-12 22:49:02' post='846017]

BB

[/and and half of jomtien is for SALE :o

The Sails raised a lot of money in deposits and such then the major investors pulled out at which time the monies were returned. Maybe time will show up the similarities, or not as the case may be.

Where did you read that the sails has gone belly up,,or is this an off the cuff remark. :o:D:D:D

if you need information just call K TECK company in BKK

Yes...K-TECH is the construction company. You must have called them aleady, so please share the information with us.

Together with the View Talay Company, they seem to have the whole property development and construction business sown up in and around Jomtien....but, after all, who donated the land to, and carried out the construction of, the Immigration Office in Jomtien for free? :o

The land has been cleared, fenced and materials and equipment are being delivered now.

Won't mention his name on here. :D

The construction is due to start in july but the powers that be apparently won't issue the appropriate licenses .

correct i am still awating an inviremental report// after the dig down 8 feet they will have reached water so i guess the water pumps will go for a few years

Where did you read that the sails has gone belly up,,or is this an off the cuff remark. :o:D:D:D

they are still working on it????????? :D

correct i am still awating an inviremental report// after the dig down 8 feet they will have reached water so i guess the water pumps will go for a few years

That is true... the ground water level in the area is very high.

That is true... the ground water level in the area is very high.

Can't be any better at the planned Ocean 1 site either, especially considering how close it is to the ocean, and how deep they will have to go down to put in the supports for a building that size.

But, it can be done. Look at that hotel in Dubai, and the Burj Dubai that is being built there as well. But, those projects have/had huge financing right from the beginning.

Wait and see. Wait, and see.

So it seems like this is just another project from the View Talay emporium :o

Bruno ######, Siam Best's managing director, said it would be a new city icon, adding that its height had already attracted bookings of 12% from buyers from Europe, Australia and the United States.

The company invested 280 million baht in acquiring the land for Ocean I with the construction financed by TMB Bank. It will be launched officially in October.

Mr ###### operates six companies at present: Siam Best Enterprise, a residential developer; Pattaya Properties, a sales and marketing arm; View Talay Construction; Jomtien Properties and Law Advisor; View Talay Villa Management; and a local newspaper, the Pattaya Post. The group employs a total of 300 people.

From the above mentioned Bangkok Post article (first page business section)

Edited by monty

Jai Dee, thanks for the link to the Bangkok Post, most interesting.

So here are a few more assumptions;

Sold 12% (73 units) presume the usual speculators (carpetbaggers) who will sell when the project is nearly complete, only 12% if it was such a good project I would expect it to be over subscribed by now, what next, sell it as time share???

12 Rai, looking at the plot of land I estimate it to be 100 x 150 meters (15,000SqrM = 9.3Rai) so where is the other 2.7Rai?

Do Thai,s really love “high Raise”, I remember A TGF the year after the “royal Jomtien” disaster would not come into my room on the second floor of a four story building until she had inspected the fire routes, she was terrified of high rise buildings.

And if there was a fire, do you really think the local fire brigade could do anything over 10 meters above street level? When I see the local fire appliance I think of “Keystone Kop’s”, certainly not up to the standard of western fire fighters.

The architects say’s “Approved”, must have taken a lot of “greasing of palms” right the way up the greasy pole, surprised it is not to be called “Taksin Tower”.

As they say Pattaya does not wake up until after mid-day so those in View Talay Villas will not see much sun.

And if the foul water pipe to treatment plant can not handle all then outflow then it will probably emerge through the plumbing of ground floor buildings like View Talay Villas.

If you are uncertain where this is to be built I have drawn over a “Google Earth” map so you can see where it will be in relation to other buildings and Soi’s 1 to 7.

BB