• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hydrostatic pressure is the same if the pipe is 1" or 30"

We expect! then we are amazed -:D

Gotta luv this site. Someone always seems to know the answer to almost any question asked ! :D

So, if you flush the toilet in your condo on the 95th floor, how long until the crap is floating off of Jomtien Beach ? :o

Here is a link to Woods Bagot site the architect .

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=264315

:D

Site doesn't mention a start date, but the project will be completed in 2010 !

Only 1,132 feet tall (345 meters), making it smaller than any of the top ten tallest buildings in the world (#10 is the Empire State Building at 1,250 feet apparently).

Also doesn't answer the question of how long it will take for you crap to travel from the 91st floor (not 95 as I previously typed), to the waters off Jomtien Beach.

Maybe they won't know the aswer to that until they actually test it ? :o

Gotta luv this site. Someone always seems to know the answer to almost any question asked ! :D

So, if you flush the toilet in your condo on the 95th floor, how long until the crap is floating off of Jomtien Beach ? :D

: i guess it depends on the crap a floater or a sinker any way thre will be no water, mabe use sea worter :o ph34r:

Here is a link to Woods Bagot site the architect .

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=264315

:D

Site doesn't mention a start date, but the project will be completed in 2010 !

Only 1,132 feet tall (345 meters), making it smaller than any of the top ten tallest buildings in the world (#10 is the Empire State Building at 1,250 feet apparently).

Also doesn't answer the question of how long it will take for you crap to travel from the 91st floor (not 95 as I previously typed), to the waters off Jomtien Beach.

Maybe they won't know the aswer to that until they actually test it ? :D

i read that a number have been sold already............... i would love to know how many years before the owner moves in. mentionb is made of australians buying like the condoes on the gold coast in aust well jomtien you best lift your ACT AND BRING IN QUALITY BUYERS :o

So, if you flush the toilet in your condo on the 95th floor, how long until the crap is floating off of Jomtien Beach ? :D

: i guess it depends on the crap a floater or a sinker any way thre will be no water, mabe use sea worter :o ph34r:

Does crap float or sink in sea water?

Depends on the solids it contains!

Engineers rule of thumb would be:-

A night on the Guiness = sinkage

A night on Singha = floatage

Fartage factor could be included in final calculation. :o

Depends on the solids it contains!

Engineers rule of thumb would be:-

A night on the Guiness = sinkage

A night on Singha = floatage

Fartage factor could be included in final calculation. :o

:Ph

THE BEACH NAME WILL CHANGE TO TERD BAY :D:D 34r:

At the vertical limit, defecating from the top floor of Ocean 1 will result in a turd accelerating, under the force of gravity, at 32 ft per second per second. If the turd disposal pipe is flooded, by that I mean there are no air or gas pockets, then assuming linear flow, the turd will take about 3 minutes to reach a disposal tank at ground level. If the flow is turbulent then applying a formula for the Reynold’s number,

Re=(ρVd)/μ = Vd/ν

....where μ is the dynamic viscosity and v is the kinematic viscosity and then using this in Bernoulli's Principle, we can see that the boundary layer differential is infinitesimal. However, in the case of Ocean 1 the flow will be multi-phase i.e. liquid (urine, screamers etc.), gas/vapours (farts, air), solids (turds, tea bags, condoms, female hygiene items etc. etc.) so, assuming the blue plastic piping used in all plumbing in Thailand has internal surfaces that are free from friction, the time for a single turd to reach the disposal tank, before being pumped into Jomtien Bay, will be about 1,567 years. Taking into account the half life of a typical turd as being 23 days 4 hours, then total biological breakdown of all faeces will result in a closed water recycling system in Ocean 1. All drinking/domestic water will have been passed by the residents already and the tower will be self- sufficient in all aspects of water supply and usage. In fact, there will be an gradually increasing inventory of water and Ocean 1 will become a net exporter of pure recycled water to the rest of Jomtien in next to no time. :o

I hope that answers your question Kerry.

Edited by Artisan

At the vertical limit, defecating from the top floor of Ocean 1 will result in a turd accelerating, under the force of gravity, at 32 ft per second per second. If the turd disposal pipe is flooded, by that I mean there are no air or gas pockets, then assuming linear flow, the turd will take about 3 minutes to reach a disposal tank at ground level. If the flow is turbulent then applying a formula for the Reynold’s number,

Re=(ρVd)/μ = Vd/ν

....where μ is the dynamic viscosity and v is the kinematic viscosity and then using this in Bernoulli's Principle, we can see that the boundary layer differential is infinitesimal. However, in the case of Ocean 1 the flow will be multi-phase i.e. liquid (urine, screamers etc.), gas/vapours (farts, air), solids (turds, tea bags, condoms, female hygiene items etc. etc.) so, assuming the blue plastic piping used in all plumbing in Thailand has internal surfaces that are free from friction, the time for a single turd to reach the disposal tank, before being pumped into Jomtien Bay, will be about 1,567 years. Taking into account the half life of a typical turd as being 23 days 4 hours, then total biological breakdown of all faeces will result in a closed water recycling system in Ocean 1. All drinking/domestic water will have been passed by the residents already and the tower will be self- sufficient in all aspects of water supply and usage. In fact, there will be an gradually increasing inventory of water and Ocean 1 will become a net exporter of pure recycled water to the rest of Jomtien in next to no time. :D

You were faster than me on answering to Kerry :D .A lot more funny too :D than what I could have written.

Little bit lost ,I only can count acclerations in m/s2

But I confirm your hypothesis about net exporting recycled water.Bon appetit :o

At the vertical limit, defecating from the top floor of Ocean 1 will result in a turd accelerating, under the force of gravity, at 32 ft per second per second. If the turd disposal pipe is flooded, by that I mean there are no air or gas pockets, then assuming linear flow, the turd will take about 3 minutes to reach a disposal tank at ground level.

I should hope the pipe will be flooded ! Letting loose a deluge of water and a couple solid turds into an empty pipe from 91 floors up ? They'd have plumbers in doing repairs every day !

3 minutes to get to the bottom of the building. Huge amount of pressure. Building outlet pipes reduced to meet city sewage pipe dimensions. Even greater pressure on city system. Expect to see your "floaters" gushing out of a big, brown geyser in Jomtien Bay about 4.5 minutes after you flush !

If the flow is turbulent then applying a formula for the Reynold’s number...

I would expect a very turbulent flow, from that many condos on that many floors !

In fact, there will be an gradually increasing inventory of water and Ocean 1 will become a net exporter of pure recycled water to the rest of Jomtien in next to no time. :o

Well, they will probably build a new pipeline from the complex to the resevoir, and then add the excess to the city's water supply like they did at the beginning of the year. :D

Not quite technical enough, but thanks any ways ! :D

Did you know that The Sails up on the highway has been Canned and they are returning the deposits? Main investor pulled out I tink.

Problem with high rise towers, they typically arrive after the boom has passed but maybe in time for the next one. For many years the Empire State Building was called "the Empty State Building" because it was completed at the height of recession.

Not to mention the amount of garbage a place this size will generate on a daily basis, and the amount of water that will be required to supply it. Just think of the pressure required to pump water up to the highest floors. Think of the pressure on the return system (1,000 feet of water in a 4 or 6 inch pipe is quite heavy and puts a lot of pressure on the plumbing. The building engineers should have that figured into their building plans, but what about the city's systems they will be connecting to ?)

They also have to consider the electricity requirements, parking and traffic flow and numerous other factors.

I wrote the above post on 28 July. Apparently Pattaya City Hall had a meeting on the 25th to discuss this very project. During the meeting:

"Many members raised their concerns and objected to the project, stating landscape changes and the capacity of public utilities to handle such a large premises. Problems were foreseen with drainage, waste, traffic flow and electric power which could affect those living nearby and the future public works capacities. Even at present capacities, the city experiences water treatment and waste disposal problems, council members pointed out.

Siam Best Enterprises, however, said that they would implement proper systems to manage such aspects and that the project would help to attract tourism and increase employment cash flow."

So, City council members did (briefly) take into consideration the potential problems with this project. Interesting that the company involved in the project said they would implement proper systems to manage the problems. Funny, I thought the city was responsible for public utilities ?

Despite the potential problems, city council apparently approved the plan at the same meeting. With something of this scope, you'd think they would spend a little more time reviewing the plans, and studying the potential impact. Instead it appears they just signed off on letting the company take care of everything.

Apparently, once the project receives full "official" approval, it will take 4 years to complete.

If most people start work at 8am, with 30 minutes commute. Wake up at 6.30 am, first coffee and cig then grab the paper and off to the dunny. Assuming most apartments will be manned by two people and most will have two toilets can they expect around 1000 dunnies to be flushed at 0700 each morning? Considering each typical session produces around 3.79 turds that will mean 3790 turds will need to find their way into Jomtien bay inbetween 0700 and 0705 every morning.

If most people start work at 8am, with 30 minutes commute. Wake up at 6.30 am, first coffee and cig then grab the paper and off to the dunny. Assuming most apartments will be manned by two people and most will have two toilets can they expect around 1000 dunnies to be flushed at 0700 each morning? Considering each typical session produces around 3.79 turds that will mean 3790 turds will need to find their way into Jomtien bay inbetween 0700 and 0705 every morning.

So what you are saying is, save the swimming until the early afternoon, to give those thousands of turds time to disperse ?

But there is a flaw to your theory. Most of the people in that place won't be "workers", but long-stay ex-pats and retired folk. Very few will be Thais with "daytime" jobs. Some will be "overnight guests", mostly Thai girls that leave early in the morning.

How ever, they eat like birds and probably wouldn't "deposit" the same volume and density as those people that gorge themselves on English breakfasts and bratwursts.

Then again. This is supposed to be a 91 floor building. How many actual condos will there be ? 75 floors with 20 units per floor would be 1,500. Using tuky's formula, that would equal over 5,600 turds every morning, if not more !

Glad I'm not into swimming in the ocean :o

SKYSCRAPERS are hard to build and even harder to make money from.

According to Emporis, a firm which tracks skyscrapers, Asia now lead a boom in high-rise building undaunted by the attack on the World Trade Centre in 2001. Roughly 8% of the world's stock of tall buildings is currently under construction, according to Emporis. About 40% of the world's 200 tallest buildings have been completed since 2000.

Skyscrapers pose stupendous problems to designers and developers because they have two powerful forces working against them. The first is economic—exemplified by the number of big American companies that now prefer to operate from low-rise campuses built outside cities.

The second is physical: towers are always fighting against their own weight. As more parts of the building are devoted to holding it up, they encroach on the space for working or living in. Developers and leasing agents refer to the ratio between these two elements as a building's “net-to-gross”. In a really efficient skyscraper, nearly 70% of the building's volume is useable, with the rest taken up by lift-shafts, stairwells and pillars. In a well designed low-rise building, by contrast, more than 80% of the space can be sold or let.

These obstacles explain why, in each skyscraper boom, many more designs are proposed than built. London, for example, has five towers over 200 metres (656 feet) tall that either have planning permission or are in the planning process, by which stage they must have completed designs and a willing developer. Yet only a couple of them are likely to be built. Francis Salway, chief executive of Land Securities, a developer, predicts that “between one and three” will go up over the next decade. A lot has still to happen before a tower can metamorphose from a design with enthusiastic backers into a few hundred metres of vertical glass and steel.

Edited by Rimmer

How ever, they eat like birds

Eat like birds!!!??? Yeah like a terydachal maybe...

Pterodactyl :D

(I had to look it up) :D

Yeah, when they do eat, they can be voracious. It does seem though, that they tend to eat a little, a lot (many times a day, but small amounts each time). :o

Always seem to be hungry though. :D

What that does for their, uh, toilet routine, I don't want to know. I don't think they'll calculate that into the design of this giant building though.

Here is the artists rendition of the Jomtien skyline with this proposed building:

post-16137-1155009914_thumb.jpg

Ought to be able to see that from a long ways away, as you enter Pattaya from any direction.

How ever, they eat like birds

Eat like birds!!!??? Yeah like a terydachal maybe...

Pterodactyl :D

(I had to look it up) :D

Yeah, when they do eat, they can be voracious. It does seem though, that they tend to eat a little, a lot (many times a day, but small amounts each time). :o

Always seem to be hungry though. :D

What that does for their, uh, toilet routine, I don't want to know. I don't think they'll calculate that into the design of this giant building though.

Here is the artists rendition of the Jomtien skyline with this proposed building:

post-16137-1155009914_thumb.jpg

Ought to be able to see that from a long ways away, as you enter Pattaya from any direction.

thanks for the spelling lesson-I tried to look it up but the online dict wouldn't cooperate-and we live in the land of phonetics anyway-as far as the tower goes what a dumbass out of place ill conceived infrastucture challenged greed driven...did I mention dumbassed already? Nice design-wrong place-try BKK next time

I've heard that the Majestic group is to build a 92-floor skyscraper in Jomtien. The building will be called "The Majestic Tower" and, already, there has been a meeting involving the developers and representatives of local and national real estate agents. The expected start of construction is in July this year. To put it on the map, so to speak, here is a photo of the proposed location and the general area.

post-3503-1144124319_thumb.jpg

What are they (the developers and whoever is in charge, or not, of local town planning here) thinking about? Who wants to live so high in the sky? Why do these developers want to take so much away from the locality and put nothing back into the community except concrete, ugliness and long-term disfigurement? I'm sure that most of you will know which developer that I'm referring to..........or is it all just a pie in the sky skyscraper?

Here is a link to the best site that I have seen on this subject even down to floor plans

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.p...ge=12&pp=20

I've heard that the Majestic group is to build a 92-floor skyscraper in Jomtien. The building will be called "The Majestic Tower" and, already, there has been a meeting involving the developers and representatives of local and national real estate agents. The expected start of construction is in July this year. To put it on the map, so to speak, here is a photo of the proposed location and the general area.

post-3503-1144124319_thumb.jpg

What are they (the developers and whoever is in charge, or not, of local town planning here) thinking about? Who wants to live so high in the sky? Why do these developers want to take so much away from the locality and put nothing back into the community except concrete, ugliness and long-term disfigurement? I'm sure that most of you will know which developer that I'm referring to..........or is it all just a pie in the sky skyscraper?

Here is the location for the tower

post-9958-1155033425_thumb.jpg