Does Cybergold (tot?) Block Incoming Connections?

Spleef

I am fairly competent at setting up application servers from behind a router using NAT.

I am currently using a 1Mbit adsl connection for which i have access to the router. I have tried setting up a bittorrent port forwarding rule, and simply cannot get it to accept incoming peer connections. I am now wondering if the ISP is simply blocking all forms of incoming connection on their adsl products.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

For extra information I have a static ip outside of the dhcp range, and i have correctly setup a port forwarding rule on a non-std port to avoid default port blocking.

The router is a DLink DSL-500T, and uses a PPoE connection over an ATM VC.

You remembered to change the port that your p2p client is using didn't you?

Dumb question I know, but we all forget these simple things sometimes.

Dumb question better than no responses :o Yeah, client is set correctly. Examining the output of 'tcpview' an excellent program that shows the state of all tcp connections in the system confirms correct port being used.

One small extra, and probably irrelevant piece of information, i never see any other clients in windows networking workgroups. It is as if each user appears to have sole access to the connection.

You remembered to change the port that your p2p client is using didn't you?

Dumb question I know, but we all forget these simple things sometimes.

Dumb question better than no responses :o Yeah, client is set correctly. Examining the output of 'tcpview' an excellent program that shows the state of all tcp connections in the system confirms correct port being used.

One small extra, and probably irrelevant piece of information, i never see any other clients in windows networking workgroups. It is as if each user appears to have sole access to the connection.

Well, 'twas worth a try :D

Do you mean you don't see other PCs on your local network?

Kill your Windows firewall (and the one in the router), you should be safe behind a NAT router at least whilst testing.

You could also try putting your PC in the DMZ.

Yeah cant see other PCs. It may just be that no-one else has any shared files...

Firewall on PC and router trivially killed before posting this topic :o

I think I may try the DMZ idea. I have never set one up before though. Do i simply have to give an IP address in the same subnet as the routers external IP, and then add that IP to the router?

Thanks again.

Yeah cant see other PCs. It may just be that no-one else has any shared files...

Firewall on PC and router trivially killed before posting this topic :D

I think I may try the DMZ idea. I have never set one up before though. Do i simply have to give an IP address in the same subnet as the routers external IP, and then add that IP to the router?

Thanks again.

here,in phuket cybergold tot not block emule and bitorrent,but full download can get only from 19.00pm to 07.00 am,great speed,in the day time very slowly :o