Need a ticket out of the country to get visa

Hey

I live in Sweden and plan on going back to Thailand in 10 Days. The Thai embassay, which has Swedish staff, explained that it is mandatory to show a ticket out of Thailand if you wish to get a 60 Days Tourist visa.

The problem is i cant book a ticket out of Thailand because i dont know exactly when i leave and i dont know where i want to go. One option is to book a cheap flight ticket to Phnom penh or kuala lumpur etc. However, thats a waste of Money. is it not possible to book a cheap bus och train ticket online?

That is a rule from the embassy/consulate itself, or incorrect inforamtion. For the airline or immigration in Thailand there is no such requirement when you have a visa.

As it is their own requirement to show a flight ticket, you will have to ask them if they will accept a train or bus ticket.

Besides booking cheap ticket you have the option of either buying a fully refundable ticket, which will take some time to get refunded, or an open return ticket or a ticket on which it is easy to change the return date.

Option 3, book a ticket to Kuala Lumpur and get a tourist visa for Thailand there.

The best solution is to but a cheap one way ticket on airasia.com to any nearby country. You ca find them for less than 1500 baht by buying in advance which you can do since you would be buying it for near the end of your 60 day visa entry.

You are not required to have a return ticket a onward ticket is all that is required.

Edited by ubonjoe