Royal Garden Shopping Complex -"do-over"

toenail

A few years ago, after Central Festival -Beach Rd opened up, it looked like Royal Garden was near its "death bed" -not much action and lack of interesting stores. The past year there has been a "re-birth" and the first two floors now have great quality shops, and the mall has varioius events to draw the crowds (such as coffee event this week). The food court (true, expensive) on the top floor always provides a great veiw of Pattaya Bay and it is nice to be able to sit down and have your order delivered to your table instead of waiting around for it (such as the basement food court in Central Festival). The only thing that is missing at this shopping center (as in others) is a general store that sells everything but clothes, (office supplies, cheap cooking utensils, cheap toys, some hardware for repairs....)

• Like 1

I miss the old SLUMMY version of the Royal Garden food court. That had SOUL. This new one is plastic city.

Agree...it was a great place to pickup ladyboys and rent boys. Views...shmiews...who visits or lives in Pattaya for that?

An all purpose supermarket would be a great addition.

view is very important, and royal garden is the nicest terrace in town. Instead of flying to Singapore, go to royal garden terrace, grab coffee from Starbucks, put head phones on with your favorite tunes, and you have escaped Pattaya for an hour or so.

• Like 1

I miss the old SLUMMY version of the Royal Garden food court. That had SOUL. This new one is plastic city.

Have very fond memories of Royal Garden when it was just built and and very swish for Pattaya. Like most shopping complexes in Thailand, over the years they get downgraded and other ,newer places look better in comparison. How many years will it be before Central looses its shine to a even newer shopping complex . (some would argue it has lost its shine especially the movie theatre section which is a bit grotty already.).

I'm sorry but what "great quality shops" do they have now? What I did notice is that even the bookstore has vanished from the second floor. As for the food-court well, there is a similar thing on the third floor(?) of Central Festival.

They do have that Michael Jackson "statue guy" though,

biggrin.png

I'm sorry but what "great quality shops" do they have now? What I did notice is that even the bookstore has vanished from the second floor. As for the food-court well, there is a similar thing on the third floor(?) of Central Festival.

They do have that Michael Jackson "statue guy" though,

biggrin.png

For example, they have the GAP store which is the only one in the Pattaya area. I do miss myself the Lacoste shop which was at the back of this shopping mall, actually 100 meters to the left on 2nd road. If there would open a H&M instead of in Central it would give Royal Garden Plaza a extra boost for sure!

Well I think the Royal and Central are great....always clean and tidy...both places have nice toilet facilities....and unlike the grotty shopping malls in England....no chewing gum all over the floor...and before you UK people jump in with your comments...I am English

In general a good post and I also thought that R.G was on its death bed when Central opened, at least they now offer free parking the same as Central.
Shopping to be fair is still average, but i still like the place, will it ever be Great? Doubt it, but as long as its improving a bit thats a good thing. Is it true that Coffee World has gone from second floor?

Who in his right mind would go to a Pattaya mall for shopping? The prices are way too high and there is little choice of products.

Visiting a mall to pick up cheap hookers and eat in a cheap food court sounds much more likely and infinitely more entertaining.