Dumping unwanted pet's offspring

Mosha

OK I admit to not being an expert on Bhuddidm. However, isn't the 1st precept of Bhuddism to not cause harm to an animal? So I asked my wife. "Do these <deleted> who dump kittens near our home, think if the kitten dies they didn't cause it's death?' My wife's answer. "They are just animals" She mean't the kittens. I hoped she mean't the pricks doing the dumping.

Welcome to Thai Buddhism.

Sadly have to agree, but then again every religion is often modified to suit one's needs.

One thing i find scary and have witnessed it first hand is Thai swearing to a Buddha( the actual stature) not to steal anymore and swear they have given it all back, only to steal 1 min later

But then again, you have Catholic priests who abuse little boys.

Sometimes i think The Buddha would pull his hair out by the roots the way his simple message has been distorted,abused and manipulated by self serving followers. Similar to the way Jesus would weep in dispair for all those who have died in his name.

Sometimes i think The Buddha would pull his hair out by the roots the way his simple message has been distorted,abused and manipulated by self serving followers. Similar to the way Jesus would weep in dispair for all those who have died in his name.

Buddha does not have any hairtongue.png , we now might know the reason why

When Thais have a dog they no longer want it is common practice to drop it off at a temple. They believe by leaving it at a temple Buddha will take care of it.

Or at the neighbor door step, believing that the animal lover neighbor really wants to have another petbiggrin.png

Hence the reason i have 11 now and just the other day, another neighbor tried to off load more but i had to put a stop to it, no matter how much i love animals.

PS. i have a feeling, i would be feeding this one shortly