True Internet Is Truely Pissing Me Off

poorfarang

p2p is not illegal in all country!

depend what you shared and what you download

personally i download sometimes movie old 30 years comics,and some match of football old 1 months,some movie old 30-35 years of my country is impossible find here

off course,must be equilibrate and not run 24 hours all day

To be honest, I am really unsure the P2P is illegal, what is infact illegal is to own something for what you did not pay the copyright. that is subtility, but it made that in USA, the majors do not sue much people, but harass them and theaten to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! What I’ve read here is amazing to me. I’ve been a True (AsiaNet before) customer in Pattaya for well over 3 years and it’s be rare that I’ve had problems with them. The times I did have problems, they were prompt to correct them. hel_l, they even gave me a discount, without my asking, after three years! No other company in Thailand has ever done that for me.

ALL the other ISPs here, I tried and had nothing except problem after problem, and they were every kind of problem possible with an ISP! From getting busy signals, refused log-on, connection drops every 30 minutes (even though I was paying for UNLIMITED ACCESS!), and on and on... Those are the reasons I switched to AsiaNet/True. When I wanted ADSL TOT (this was prior to TOT offering ADSL) told me it wasn’t available. I asked True and was told it was. I signed up for it and had it within 72 hrs! When I had a problem with my EtherNet Router/Modem, at 10 PM, a tech came to my house and corrected the problem... no charge!

A friend of mine lives in Bangkok and also uses True. He has had more problems with them than I have in Pattaya. It has to be the difference in the management. The same manager has been here since I first became a customer.

(No, I do not own stock in True and no, I do not work for them.)

Happy True Customer In Pattaya,

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

I've just got back from a month in the UK to find my True ADSL connection in BKK is dropping every 15 to 20 minutes. So frustrating. Anyone else experiencing dropped connections in BKK?

I have had to phone them up in the last 2 months about 4 times(well the wife has). The reason. No service. The light had gone out on my modem and no matter what i did it still wasnt working. So they had to reset my connection at their end. Bloody annoying!

Why do I hate True? Let me count the ways....

I hate them for their idiotic customer service. It's a b*tch to get a hold of if there is an actual problem, and much of the time they can't fix your problem... maybe they'll even make it worse. If you want to do something fun, call them and ask them for some technical detail or contract information. Call them again, and surprise, you'll get a different answer. Do this ad-nauseum.

I hate them for their constantly deteriorating service. It never gets better, only worse. Pay a lot for a premium connection, get it, get good speeds, and watch as it gradually goes from good to bad to downright horrendous. Call customer service, and get idiotic replies.

I hate them for their superior incompetance. I get a problem with my line, call True, of course they're clueless on how to fix it, and so they put me through the whole service routine to schedule a service appointment. While doing that, they somehow want to mess with my account information. In the meantime, the problem has solved itself (as it always does). A day later, my line is terminated, as a result of their messing with my account. Then they can't figure out what's wrong, and it takes more than a week, where I'm required to re-apply for my line.

I hate them for their lies. This is not counting the "call them 5 times and get 5 different answers" type of thing. I terminate my line intentionally. I keep getting bills, but why pay them when I'm using the service. Customer service calls and asks why, I explain, CS says OK, fine, no problem, you don't have to pay. A few months later I get a letter threatening legal action if I don't pay. So of course, I have to pay.

I was their customer for nearly 10 years. It was a hellish 10 years.