I need help to clear the air about Khon Kean

hmficc

Have a look at Mukdahan, Right on the Mekong River, good clean air and not much traffic.

Am living in Mukdahan, air is clear, people seem friendly and not much traffic, if needed, a quick visa run via the friendship bridge to Lao, about 10 minutes out of town, have never had any bad vibes from staff at the Immigration centre, also located at the bridge.

The smoke in CM this year was especially bad, but I love this city and can't bear the thought of living anywhere else. Maybe someday they will stop the burning??

And the reason for your post is?

Gee, and as I read it, the OP gent wanted to know about the air in Khon Kaen. Now he gets the chamber of Commerce publicity talking points for all over Thailand.

Well, other than the occasional brown cloud inversion layer, the air seems pretty good and there is usually a breeze to keep the brown cloud from staying very long.

Or, as Mark Twain supposedly said: If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it'll change

• Like 1

Take A deep breath five times the day !!! and your friends from the forum here can help too

,if they would like to come to Khon kean ?????? , and when around 963.786 people do this 3 weeks sharp ,than this would help for sure !! jing jing

Edited by aechzen

only 45 minute

I'd live in khon kaen,or Udon Thani in A New York minute.I don't even like to visit chiang Mai.A giant lung killer.

Udon has a very nice airport, as well as a train station and, of course, several bus stations. Can get to Nong Khai or Khon Kaen easy. Air is pretty clean, but traffic can build up on the inner city roads during rush hour times. Not bad, if you know the alternate routes. Its got a bigger mall than Khon Kaen and I like it here. Chiang Mai is a nightmare for driving, compared to here. It will be hotter and dryer than Chiang Mai , (except of course in the rainy season). Just enough going on to keep it interesting). Border is only 45 minutes drive.

It is now rainy season in Isaan and indeed it has rained each night for the last few nights so the air has been very clear. Not good for going out at night on the Honda Wave however: My favorite thing about rainy season? When it is raining, the dogs do not bark.

• Like 1

It is now rainy season in Isaan and indeed it has rained each night for the last few nights so the air has been very clear. Not good for going out at night on the Honda Wave however: My favorite thing about rainy season? When it is raining, the dogs do not bark.

and the police do not check

Mukdahan is nice, right on the river and clean air. Or if you want to be closer to KK, Kalasin, has little traffic, and clean air.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We have lived here (Mukdahan) half the year every year since 2009 and love it. Town has Tesco-Lotus, Big C, Makro, and two of the home depot type places. Little traffic, good air, expat friendly. A smaller quieter place is Nakhon Phanom but it does not have all the modern outlets of Mukdahan nor did I see many expats (good or bad?).

Edited by Leung Falang

I am not sure about the air in Khon Kean but I can confirm they have the worst drivers in Thailand without serious competition.

Bad driving in Thailand is directly proportional to the traffic density, it's worst in Pattaya & Bangkok.

Lots of great suggestions here. We get a few people from that area come to Surin for a couple of months during the times of year when it's difficult to breath. Met one guy at the FC a couple of months back. He said he likes Surin and has been going there for the sites and restaurants for a couple of years now.

Edited by brimacthai

One way to pick out the worst & most aggressive drivers in Khon Kaen is to look for the KrungTep license tag.

Doesn't mean anything really, our SUV has BKK plates we have never lived there.

Most people keep a BKK plate because it's considered to aid resale price of the car.

I suggest most aggressive drivers are the ones in close proximity at any given time when most people are on the road.

On KK and cars we've noticed police doing "better" crack downs of late, such as ticketing for wrong lane and creeping over the line at red stop signals. Particularly welcomed at the main junction outside Central Plaza, the road into KK center there causes a bottle neck, higher density = less mannered driving.

Not much industry and breezes from east or west keep the air clean down here in Nakhon Si Thammarat, but ya' have to forego all the excitement of Isaan. Rare to hear a cough, tho...

One way to pick out the worst & most aggressive drivers in Khon Kaen is to look for the KrungTep license tag.

Doesn't mean anything really, our SUV has BKK plates we have never lived there.

Most people keep a BKK plate because it's considered to aid resale price of the car.

I suggest most aggressive drivers are the ones in close proximity at any given time when most people are on the road.

On KK and cars we've noticed police doing "better" crack downs of late, such as ticketing for wrong lane and creeping over the line at red stop signals. Particularly welcomed at the main junction outside Central Plaza, the road into KK center there causes a bottle neck, higher density = less mannered driving.

Then why does the number of BKK plate cars on the road (seem to) increase during weekends and holidays and especially was the case during the big floods end of 2011? Whether the people are from KK or not I think a lot them live or have lived in BKK and have returned return to KK temporary or permanently.

Edited by JLCrab

Gee, and as I read it, the OP gent wanted to know about the air in Khon Kaen. Now he gets the chamber of Commerce publicity talking points for all over Thailand.

He needs to know there are far superior locations to Khon Kaen, such as Ubon. :)

He needs to know there are far superior locations to Khon Kaen, such as Ubon. smile.png

You may be right -- I've only been to Ubon once. Just that maybe the gent has a particular reason for moving to KK like maybe his wife wants to be located near one of Thailand's top medical school hospitals with a respiratory clinic or some minor consideration as that.

• Like 1