Electric fence unit

Hi farmerjoe

is that where you got one?,isolators and wire as well?

My fencing is barb wire but have seen the units in a couple of shops that do tv's,dishes,sound equipment etc.

Dont know about the isolators and wire.

They are available at Global. I saw one a few weeks ago. Actually, a friend found it for me and gave me a rough idea where in Global it was. They are difficult to locate. I knew the price, so that helped. I forget exactly, but the price was about 1,200 baht. The one I saw didn't have a power cord, so I think it only runs off a battery. For really good ones with bells and whistles, contact Mike a Wasp Security in Bangkok. PM me if you would like his email address. I wanted one that would set off an alarm when tampered with (still do). He was very, very helpful.

Hello Windhorse,

I want mine for pigs, too. Pigs on pasture. You are right that pigs don't need much voltage because they will touch it with their wet noses the first time and are smart enough to never do it again. But don't forget about the people who want to steal your pigs! If you find out about where to buy the other things, specialized insulators, posts and such, please let me know. A thread like this about electric fences for farming (and additional security) would be beneficial for everyone.

If you have not found a unit yet try,for eltric fence wire and units maybe insulators, Giss Marketing, see Farming Links and Resources, Yenwar in BKK have sold the Galliegar fenceing units from NZ,Googel for address. As for posts never seen them in Thailand.

You could use wooden posts and ceramic insulators ,the ones with a screw on,screw them in to a post available from a good eltrical shop ,the problem is the posts will rot out with in a year, soak the ends of the posts in diesel and old sump oil for a week, should prolong the life.

For wire I am useing ,for a strip graizing cattle on grass, a very thin wire rope ลวดซะลิง in Thai ,like a bicycle control cable that would work well for pigs and not easy to cut could act as a deterrent to a thief avaliable from a good hardwear store.

Or do it the Thai way ,bamoo posts,motorcycle inertube,as an insulator and 14swg galvanized wire.

Yours Reg.

KS

• 2 weeks later...