Standby Generators

krayner

I've tried searching with no luck but how much can I expect to pay for a 7 or 8 kVA generator. My wife has stated that she needs 400,000 baht for a generator for a development but based on UK prices that would buy a 20kVA generator, big enough to power a small town.

I've tried searching with no luck but how much can I expect to pay for a 7 or 8 kVA generator. My wife has stated that she needs 400,000 baht for a generator for a development but based on UK prices that would buy a 20kVA generator, big enough to power a small town.

that sounds to expensive...

I saw a small one for something 5000-10000 Baht at home pro (or home works), but it was smaller than yours I can not recall maybe 2000-3000 Watt and chinese brand.

I know there are car engines with generator, but no link, no info....

Often they use it for buildings on top of a mountain in europe, both diesel or benzin.

There are other based on boat engines, which are hugh and better for permanent use.

Maybe just an idea, get in thouch with provider for alternative (enviorment safe) energie, because often they try to bring alternative power sources but may know the traditional ones....

My wife does get her numbers in a muddle and her currencies, she said £400,000 first of all. I was wondering if she meant 40000 baht but that seemed cheap for a largish generator. 7kVA is about £3000 in the UK.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that she has the numbers wrong but I have asked her to let me know the spec of the generator that she is thinking of buying before I send her any cash.

My wife does get her numbers in a muddle and her currencies, she said £400,000 first of all. I was wondering if she meant 40000 baht but that seemed cheap for a largish generator. 7kVA is about £3000 in the UK.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that she has the numbers wrong but I have asked her to let me know the spec of the generator that she is thinking of buying before I send her any cash.

for 400.000 Pound I suppy you with it :-)

I would estimate: price of a new car engine*2 (for the generator)*1.3-2 because not main stream.

With that you can not be too far +/- 50%

8 kW is more than the small home things can do, but far less than a car engine can do.

One idea: construction companies if the want to electric welding they need 4-8 kw maybe that helps..