What is your monthy budget ?

Billy The Kid

Depends on what you want!! Yes I will agree that maybe you can live in pattaya for 50,000 baht a month but you will be living basically the basic life. I used to live in pattaya and it was a stretch to live on my budget that was a little more than 50,000 but to be honest I lived it up too mush and probably could have lived a little cheaper if I didn't drink every other night.

My advice....... Your income would last a lot longer if you moved to mahasarakhan or KhonKaen, far far cheaper but still enables you to live a fantastic lifestyle and live out your thai dreams with cash to spare!

I understand the attraction to pattaya but to be honest.... Been there have the t shirt and still loving a better life in KhonKaen she last 3 years and I have never been happier!

As I said it depends on you and the lifestyle you want... Good luck.

• Like 2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can live, sorry exist, on 12k a month.

Who can beat that?

A few million Thai people?

What about Indian people??

Stop being a schmuck, pretty obvious I meant on here.

My target is to bring it down to 10k, I just need to lower my intake of noodles to twice a day.

Depends on what you want!! Yes I will agree that maybe you can live in pattaya for 50,000 baht a month but you will be living basically the basic life. I used to live in pattaya and it was a stretch to live on my budget that was a little more than 50,000 but to be honest I lived it up too mush and probably could have lived a little cheaper if I didn't drink every other night.

My advice....... Your income would last a lot longer if you moved to mahasarakhan or KhonKaen, far far cheaper but still enables you to live a fantastic lifestyle and live out your thai dreams with cash to spare!

I understand the attraction to pattaya but to be honest.... Been there have the t shirt and still loving a better life in KhonKaen she last 3 years and I have never been happier!

As I said it depends on you and the lifestyle you want... Good luck.

I live in Pattaya and was up in kk the other week....I quite like it there but I met a few of the local expats there and the general consensous was that they were bored there....just saying. But as you say, horses for courses..

So far no one has answered the 90 day question. When you are here on a long term visa or extension to stay you have to report to immigration every 90 days. You can do this by mail with the total cost including copies and postage being less than ฿100. As far as living for ฿50,000 baht a month not counting rent, you should be able to do that anywhere in Thailand as a single man. Remember if you are single you can control your costs, if you have a BF or wife, it becomes a lot more difficult.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Let me just restate this again, it's ridiculous for anyone to say you cannot live in Thailand on 50k per month when that's over £1000 and working a minimum wage job in the UK 38hrs a week will only give you £900 or so after tax. If it's possible to live on that wage in the UK it's possible anywhere in Thailand including Bangkok and Pattaya. Now of course if you plan to pick up bar girls every night it's going to be harder but then you need to remember not everyone is here to pick up bar girls.

To the guy above are you seriously asking how you can save more money? To me it's blatantly obvious not to you? Seems you over spend on a lot of things that are probably not necessary.

Edited by TheSpade

You'll get a ton of people coming on and telling you that it's impossible to live in Thailand on 50,000B p/m and a load more saying they couldn't spend that much if they tried.

Yes it is possible. Very possible. Especially if you don't drink or pick up bar girls....but if you don't then why the dump that is Pattaya? It can't be for the beaches or culture.

Like the above poster said, you will get tons of people coming on here telling you that 50k is a night out for them only, but in Pattaya 50k will provide a very good standard of living if you don't drink all the time and pick up too many girls.

If you're prone to traveling home several times a year and vacationing regionally every couple of months, then maybe not. But as for day to day living expenses, I would say yes its good.

Let me just restate this again, it's ridiculous for anyone to say you cannot live in Thailand on 50k per month when that's over £1000 and working a minimum wage job in the UK 38hrs a week will only give you £900 or so after tax. If it's possible to live on that wage in the UK it's possible anywhere in Thailand including Bangkok and Pattaya. Now of course if you plan to pick up bar girls every night it's going to be harder but then you need to remember not everyone is here to pick up bar girls.

To the guy above are you seriously asking how you can save more money? To me it's blatantly obvious not to you? Seems you over spend on a lot of things that are probably not necessary.

Alot of pensioners from my country go to Thailand to live the so called life on a pension between 1000 to 1500 euro's a month i wont go in to details but when everything goes wrong ,somebody starts a website asking to deposit money for medical care or a flight back home because insurance was not important to these kind of people.

No wonder some embassy's are fed up with the exploits of some of there fellow country men in thailand sometimes a waist of taxpayers money .

And then the so called shitty country they left would have to clean up there mess .

Best country to retire my ass.

Thanks Guys, The plan is to invest 10 million bt into deposit account 3.2% for 12 months, that is 26,666 bt a month coming to my pocket after one year plus my home country for small pension 30,000 bt (present euro/baht rate) and 20,000 from rent for my house in Ireland (Not too hopeful, many ghost house in Ireland). and a rent from my second Condo for 15,000 bt (also hard to rent like in Ireland, many ghost condos in Pattaya) Suppose I got lucky, total income would be about 91,666 bt a month. If I cant rent out my second condo and a house in Ireland, subract that from 91,666 = 56,666 bt. Cant complain about that. thumbsup.gif

What is necessary?

Food, water and shelter.

You can live here on 110b a day, all in. Anything else is over spending.

Thanks Guys, The plan is to invest 10 million bt into deposit account 3.2% for 12 months, that is 26,666 bt a month coming to my pocket after one year plus my home country for small pension 30,000 bt (present euro/baht rate) and 20,000 from rent for my house in Ireland (Not too hopeful, many ghost house in Ireland). and a rent from my second Condo for 15,000 bt (also hard to rent like in Ireland, many ghost condos in Pattaya) Suppose I got lucky, total income would be about 91,666 bt a month. If I cant rent out my second condo and a house in Ireland, subract that from 91,666 = 56,666 bt. Cant complain about that. thumbsup.gif

i could be wrong but only thai people and people who have permanent residency will get that 3.2% from said deposit acount.foreigners will get next to nothing %

i could be wrong but only thai people and people who have permanent residency will get that 3.2% from said deposit acount.foreigners will get next to nothing %

I have account SCB since 2005, and got deposit interest rate since 2006. Honestly.

You are wrong on that point, the account is not dependant on the type of visa or nationality.

I spend 79,800 per month and I am retired with a ThaI wife of 1O years no children but 4 cats and 2 dogs. I live in Chonburi.

In that amount is rent 16,000 health cover of 12,000 per month Cat internet 7000 I like a contrant internet feed and tot is crap and other suppliers not near me

I pay from one male worker he has been with me 2 years he does every thing cooks cleans odd jobs gardening cleans the Merc he works around give and take 6 days a week for 9000 per month.

The rest is made up of power 4000 cable tv 2000 and the balance is medication and food and car insurance Also I do not smoke and drink little.

So let us make it a round 80,000 per month my income stream from overseas is 120,000 if I got stuck I could with draw some of the cash which is invested there so I am 40,000 still on the right side of the ledger per month.

So yes I enjoy the good life for my age and see no reason to change it

• Like 1

I spend 79,800 per month and I am retired with a ThaI wife of 1O years no children but 4 cats and 2 dogs. I live in Chonburi.

In that amount is rent 16,000 health cover of 12,000 per month Cat internet 7000 I like a contrant internet feed and tot is crap and other suppliers not near me

I pay from one male worker he has been with me 2 years he does every thing cooks cleans odd jobs gardening cleans the Merc he works around give and take 6 days a week for 9000 per month.

The rest is made up of power 4000 cable tv 2000 and the balance is medication and food and car insurance Also I do not smoke and drink little.

So let us make it a round 80,000 per month my income stream from overseas is 120,000 if I got stuck I could with draw some of the cash which is invested there so I am 40,000 still on the right side of the ledger per month.

You spend 12,000 baht a month on health cover - WOW.

that's what i spend... and without any "wow".

Thanks Guys, The plan is to invest 10 million bt into deposit account 3.2% for 12 months, that is 26,666 bt a month coming to my pocket after one year plus my home country for small pension 30,000 bt (present euro/baht rate) and 20,000 from rent for my house in Ireland (Not too hopeful, many ghost house in Ireland). and a rent from my second Condo for 15,000 bt (also hard to rent like in Ireland, many ghost condos in Pattaya) Suppose I got lucky, total income would be about 91,666 bt a month. If I cant rent out my second condo and a house in Ireland, subract that from 91,666 = 56,666 bt. Cant complain about that. thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

You are wrong on that point, the account is not dependant on the type of visa or nationality.

sorry my bad ,somebody gave me wrong info.

12,000 bt health cover for you alone or with your wife ?????

Well I'm floored. w00t.gif

I don't doubt you but have to ask the question - Why so much?

Well I'm floored. w00t.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

I don't doubt you but have to ask the question - Why so much?

Klingon spare parts fresh from Kronos cost big money.

Al very nice for that 3.2%,but why do well loaded thais park most of there dosh in some offshore paradise accounts?they must now something most foreigners dont know living in thailand about thai banks.

Maybe some of these internet trading boys earning loads a money living in upscale bangkok condos eating cheap street food can give us some inside info.

Edited by Kudel

That is just for me with NZI ( Thailand division) I am 66 and it is just for major medical not the add ons such as teeth or glassers you guys have to realize that when you get older you pay more if you want the best if you want less cover so be it but I have worked in the insurance business for 28 + years so I know what I need. My wife's cover cost approx 27,000 per year that because she younger than me she is with AXA Thailand for her health cover. why is that because I worked for AXA b4

That is just for me with NZI ( Thailand division) I am 66 and it is just for major medical not the add ons such as teeth or glassers you guys have to realize that when you get older you pay more if you want the best if you want less cover so be it but I have worked in the insurance business for 28 + years so I know what I need. My wife's cover cost approx 27,000 per year that because she younger than me she is with AXA Thailand for her health cover. why is that because I worked for AXA b4

I live nice life myself in my country ,and soon after divorce paying alimony for 2 kids and having several properties in my name. i am still living cheaper in my home country ,and i drive a nice car myself not an isuzu crap max .

And health insurance is also alot cheaper here full coverage and no crap about being over 65 and having pre excisting conditions.

Edited by Kudel

I would say you are no way near to 60 if you still got kids to pay for so by the time you get to there that is if you live to 60 the health cover will be alot more than it is now for you. Also since when did I say I drive a crap car?

Also you say you do not live in Thailand so your comment does not really make much of a difference seeing we are discussing in this thread the costs of LIVING IN THAILAND

I live nice life myself in my country ,and soon after divorce paying alimony for 2 kids and having several properties in my name. i am still living cheaper in my home country ,and i drive a nice car myself not an isuzu crap max .

And health insurance is also alot cheaper here full coverage and no crap about being over 65 and having pre excisting conditions.
Edited by whiteman

went to the road side stall and picked 2 mangoes from the box that had a 10 baht sign on it. gave her 20 baht and she gave me 15 baht back. so i gave her another 5 baht. ate the mangoes. they were good.giggle.gif

went to the road side stall and picked 2 mangoes from the box that had a 10 baht sign on it. gave her 20 baht and she gave me 15 baht back. so i gave her another 5 baht. ate the mangoes. they were good.giggle.gif alt=giggle.gif>

oh yeah i forgot to mention that a big one of these

poisonous-spiders-thailand-1.1-800x800.j

jumped off the underside of the mango when i picked it up. it ran under the other mangoes.

Edited by fn idot