Foreigner Dies After Being Run Down By Tour Bus

george

Foreigner dies after being run down by tour bus

Bus driver flees the scene

PATTAYA: British citizen Ian Brown died almost instantly after he was run down by a tour bus on Beach Road at 1 a.m. on February 10 near the entrance to Soi 7. Police and rescue personnel arrived on the scene to find the man laying face down on the road. Nearby was the dead man’s motorcycle and the tour bus. The driver of the bus fled the scene of the accident. The foreigner was identified after police discovered a bankbook in his pocket.

Witnesses told police that they saw a motorbike weaving in and out of the traffic and had apparently attempted to avoid a mini bus before pulling out in front of the larger tour bus.

Sources later revealed that they saw the man prior to the accident in nearby Soi 6 and that he appeared to be intoxicated.

The body was transferred to the morgue where British embassy officials were notified of the man’s death.

Police are still searching for the driver of the tour bus for further questioning and to face charges of fleeing the scene of an accident and negligent driving causing death.

--Pattaya Mail 2004-02-20

Wonderful.

The guy was apparently drunk.............. did they do a blood alcohol test when they did the autopsy. My guess No.

The chance of finding the bus driver is NIL, unless

1. He gives himself up........ no chance

2. Someone dibs him in......... unlikely.

The police will never find him.

did they do a blood alcohol test when they did the autopsy. My guess No.

They tried but couldn't get him to blow in the bag!!!

The chance of finding the bus driver is NIL, unless

1. He gives himself up........ no chance

2. Someone dibs him in......... unlikely.

The police will never find him.

I wouldn't bet on it astral, according to my source his name is Somchai.

They have his name, they will find him :o

But seriously, this is sad news and I feel for Mr Ian Brown's family.

Lets hope he didn't suffer, and his family do not continue to suffer.

Did anyone know him?

"Bus driver flees the scene"

I'm thinking it would save alot of column space, ink, and typing if they left off this phrase and just took it for granted as this always happens.

"Bus driver stays at scene to administer first aid."

Now that's news!

cv

• 4 months later...

My GF says that if you stay at the scene after an accident even if it is not your fault the cops will arrest you and throw you in click until it is sorted. Where as, if you do a runner, and they call at your drum a week or so later, all you have to do is give them a few Bht, and they will go back to the station saying they can't find you!

Well that's what she says.......Disgusting really.

My GF says that if you stay at the scene after an accident even if it is not your fault the cops will arrest you and throw you in click until it is sorted. Where as, if you do a runner, and they call at your drum a week or so later, all you have to do is give them a few Bht, and they will go back to the station saying they can't find you!

Well that's what she says.......Disgusting really.

It is disgusting David, but it so ingrained in its practise in Thailand, it is unlikely to change in the years to come.