Worried about visa refusal

I've been in Thailand for about 5 years now and only recently have I seen multiple people being refused tourist visas. In my current passport I have 3 visas Jan 2012, Aug 2012 and Feb 2013. I just came back from the states after a few months there and was planing on doing an ED visa but learned that first I need a visa to get that visa...

So my predicament what is the likely hood that I am refused visa at either Laos or Cambodia. All visas are from Laos so far, or if anyone has an idea of the best way to go about this.

You are in Thailand and need a visa to obtain a visa? You mean you need more time to obtain the paperwork? You can obtain visa exempt entries if just a short period. You can obtain ED visa from any Consulate if you are thinking you much convert a visa or visa exempt entry at immigration (normally much easier at Consulate).

You will get 30 days on arrival at the Airport, this is enough time for you to choose what school you want to enroll in and get the paperwork required for your ED visa (I would do this within a day or 2 of you arriving here)

As soon as the paperwork is complete you will need to visit a neighbouring (sp( country to obtain your ED visa

• Like 1

The people who get refused visas tend to be ex-pats who get a string of consecutive tourist visas over a few years without ever returning to their home country, thus appearing to be defacto residents rather than tourists. The fact that you returned to the USA works in your favor and you are unlikely to be declined a visa.

Edited by dddave

Does anyone have a guide on the best way to do a Savankhet Laos run. Is there any plane I can take to cut down on the crazy long bus ride?

Check Nok Air for flights to Mukdahan that are a fly/ride service via Sakon Nakhon or Nakhon Phanom.

Air Asia flys into Nakhon Phanom which is closest of the two airports to the bridge.