Jet-setting Thai monk found to have bought 22 luxury cars

webfact

Buddhism has two large main streams:
- Hinayana Buddhism is called the small vehicle
- Mahayana Buddhism is called the great vehicle
With 22 luxury cars worth, Bt95 million,
i guess he must practice the Mahayana Buddhism.laugh.png
Where the hell comes these amounts of money from?
It must be easy to follow these existing bank accounts.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the posts here is anything to go by, most posters here are not any smarter than the monks followers.

That the "facts" in this story changes for every day, seems to go unnoticed by most here. Yesterday it was 8 cars, with only one registered in Mr monks name. Today it is 22/21. When this story broke, it was 8 women, today only the "mother" of his child, who came out of the woodworks after 11 years, lured by the smell of money. Small "Siddartha" will probably be a good earner in the future! wai2.gif

Some are even praising DSI: "keep up the good work", not realising, that this was exactly what DSI needed, to divert attention from the luxery car business.

This "monk" didn't hold a gun to anyones head, he just used his alleged connections with higher powers to make the suckers pay. Just like any other religious leader. whistling.gif

Just another thread, where all the good "Buddhist" posters here get an excuse to bash Thailand and hate the rich. All from their 10baht/hour internetcafes!

No, we have FREE WIFI !

But I heard that in Soi 41 is a very wise and old guy sitting day by day in one of those stone-age internet cafes trying to get some of those get rich quick online schemes working - in vain, it seems... rolleyes.gif

Just joking, don't take it serious.

In some way you are right - just another religious leader filling his pockets, because he was clever enough to find a lot of brainless Lemmings to follow and throw their money at him. Pedophelia seems to be chique amongst most religious circles as well and this is going on for centuries if not millenia, as do the money scams. So we have nothing new here and nothing really to fight and argue about. You're spot on!

All we can do is hope that all of those religious impostors (whatever religion they chose as their cover) will have to face their demons once they die and be judged accordingly by the very one they pretended to love and honor.

While what you say is undoubtedly true, at the same time in my experience I'd say that 99% of all Thais be they Monks or not have the slightest idea of what Buddha's message is all about... They are far too lost in their own greed & self-importance to take anything like the Buddha's message onboard sadly...

• Like 1

Went to the website, alittlebuddha.com. The guy is showboating all his material wealth especially his house bought in S. California with his mercedes benz and all his entourage of people apparently working with him. We welcome all nationalities, come to America be what you want, practice, preach your religion and draw in money, tax-free we do not judge. He is even showing his title and deed of the property in his name that he received which unfortunately we cannot do in his lovely country. We have many Thai monks in America doing the same so he is not the first to enjoy material wealth as a Thai monk. Good luck Thailand trying to extradite him from the land of honey, he has done no wrong in our eyes.

Edited by rbrooks

gives you some idea of how much hot money is sloshing around in the system .

but hey if he entered the US as a monk who has been declared a fake isnt that a violation ?

his visa would be based on his religious status that is now known to be bogus .

presumably monks get special visa rights than an normal person

I hope this brouhaha has not curtailed his international travel too much. It must be a comfort to know that as a rich Thai on the run from the law that the FM will be available to personally deliver him a diplomatic passport anywhere in the world at short notice. Or is this service only applicable to those actually convicted of crimes?

Oh, this is a story that just keeps giving. Every day we get an update on the new revelations.

I'm looking forward to the next installment - drugs and human trafficking will rear their ugly heads me thinks.

Oh, this is a story that just keeps giving. Every day we get an update on the new revelations.

I'm looking forward to the next installment - drugs and human trafficking will rear their ugly heads me thinks.

Nothing quite that serious yet. Just amusement rides etc:

post-164009-0-96884600-1373551547_thumb.

• Like 1

"The DSI yesterday also conducted a DNA test on an 11-year-old boy in Si Sa Ket, who is believed to be the monk's son. Luang Pu Nenkham allegedly had a sexual relationship with the young boy's mother when she was only 14. The result of the test should be ready in two days."

Typical of Thailand. We now have a monk who is a cheap knockoff of a Catholic Priest.

If he was a Priest he probably would have gone for a boy instead of a girl.

• Like 1

Far behind than an Indian monk (late) OSHO who had an ownership of 93 Rolls Royces. cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

..yes, but Osho was a "basheesh-bubba" running a cult-like operation in America. This Monk is a member of the professional Sangha that perform countless magical rituals for the mindless masses from which their temples are well endowed with offerings. But in this case the guy maybe a front for organized crime.......or may I say 'organized religion' thumbsup.gif

A good journalist would be hunting the names of the persons making large donations to this Temple.

My guess.

Army / Police Generals, government workers and members of important families that can't be mentioned.

But then they would be subject to liable, can't have that.

A good journalist would be hunting the names of the persons making large donations to this Temple.

My guess.

Army / Police Generals, government workers and members of important families that can't be mentioned.

It is going to be a very important and very long list.

20mn a day? That is serious wedge. They just now want to find if he's been laundering cash.

Obviously some important people got their cash back already.

UPDATE:
DSI informed of 35 additional luxury cars belonging to Nen Kham

BANGKOK, 12 July 2013 (NNT) - The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has discovered 35 additional luxury cars in Ubon Ratchathani province said to belong to embattled jet-setting monk, widely known as Luang Pu Nen Kham.

A car accessorizing company in Ubon Ratchathani recently contacted the DSI to give information on a new batch of luxury cars owned by Nen Kham. The company indicated that the monk had brought in a total of 35 cars of various brands for service while presenting invoices to the department as evidence. However, the cars, which were still bearing red plates, have already been picked up.

The DSI said it will launch a probe into the matter and search for the whereabouts of the vehicles.

The department earlier found that the monk had purchased 22 Mercedes-Benz cars which came at a hefty price of 95 million baht between 2009 and 2011. As a result of the latest finding, the number of luxury cars under Nen Kham’s possession amounts to 57, estimated to be worth over 124 million baht in total.

The monk is believed to have made his fortune out of donations from temple-goers. He is currently facing several charges, including false advertisement, money laundering, sexual abuse and manslaughter in a car accident.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-12 footer_n.gif

Earlier discussion re; Thais and their religious practices.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/373968-essay-a-guide-to-the-perfect-thai-idiot/

Quote:

We present Thailand as the land of smiles full of gentle Buddhists. We regularly give alms to monks and often make donations to temples, believing that those are selfless acts for the welfare of others. Deep down, however, we do that only because we wish to get something in return – to go to heaven or have a richer next life. It is a trade, pure and simple, nothing kind or selfless about it. Few of us give for the sake of giving. We are basically very selfish.

LUANG PU NENKHAM
Another 35 cars bought under his name

PIYANUT TUMNUKASETCHAI,
SOMJIT RUNGCHAMTRATRASSAMI
THE NATION

30210224-01_big.JPG

DSI gets DNA sample from monk's half brother for comparison test with his alleged 11-year-old son

BANGKOK: -- Department of Special Investigation (DSI) investigators yesterday managed to get a DNA sample from Luang Pu Nenkham's half brother, while further investigation found that the monk had bought a total of 35 cars in Ubon Ratchathani.

These cars are in addition to the 22 luxury cars the monk allegedly bought.

Meanwhile, the woman who claims to have had a sexual relationship with the monk since she was 14 was led to a Si Sa Ket court yesterday by lawyer Somchai Wongthanathorn to file a criminal lawsuit. In the lawsuit, the monk faces four charges, including statutory rape of a minor and taking a minor from the care of her parents. The woman also alleges that Luang Pu Nenkham is the father of her 11-year-old son.

DSI chief Tarit Pengdith said his agency would look to see who the monk, also known as Phra Weerapol Sukpol, had given the 35 cars to. The cars were purchased under Phra Weerapol's name. As to whether those who took the cars would be considered wrongdoers, Tarit said it depends very much on their intention. If these cars were accepted for simple monastic use, then the investigators would ensure the recipients don't get wrongly punished.

As for comparing DNA results to prove if the 11-year-old boy is indeed the monk's son, Tarit said the agency couldn't wait to get the results.

Tarit went on to say that he had also asked the DSI Bureau of Foreign Affairs and Transnational Crime to see if the monk can be extradited from the United States. Luang Pu Nenkham allegedly flew into the US earlier this week.

He added that the related five agencies could not issue an arrest warrant for the monk while he was still in saffron robes as this case could not be considered an emergency. However, he said, the DSI has set a deadline for the Si Sa Ket monastic chief to make a decision on whether or not to take away Luang Pu Nenkham's monastic status.

In related news, Athitaya Prakij, who had donated a 15-rai plot in Tak's Mae Sot district to the monk to set up the 88th branch of Wat Pa Khanti Dhamma, changed her mind on Tuesday and decided to donate the land to the National Office of Buddhism instead. The transfer was made in front of the Tak monastic chief, Mae Sot monastic chief and community leaders.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-12

Jet-setting monk found to have bought 22 luxury cars

A Rolls Royce for every day of the year – Osho

Far behind than an Indian monk (late) OSHO who had an ownership of 93 Rolls Royces. Posted ImagePosted Image

And this was in Oregon, Usa.

What significance do you attach to that? I'm quite curious.

He started his career in India (and eventually was not viewed well there at all, hence the move). And the fact that he was in the US arguably led to his downfall - and that car collection attracted a LOT of criticism and scrutiny.

gives you some idea of how much hot money is sloshing around in the system .

but hey if he entered the US as a monk who has been declared a fake isnt that a violation ?

his visa would be based on his religious status that is now known to be bogus .

presumably monks get special visa rights than an normal person

He hasn't been declared a fake, he has been disrobed, or 'defrocked' as they would say in the Christian Church.

Edited by Trembly

He added that the related five agencies could not issue an arrest warrant for the monk while he was still in saffron robes as this case could not be considered an emergency.

Am I to understand that a monk cannot be arrested unless it is an emergency? I recall the other day when the monks were found to have methamphetamine in their system they were not charged due to their status as monks. Anyone can become a monk. Why would they have a special status that places them above the law?

He added that the related five agencies could not issue an arrest warrant for the monk while he was still in saffron robes as this case could not be considered an emergency.

Am I to understand that a monk cannot be arrested unless it is an emergency? I recall the other day when the monks were found to have methamphetamine in their system they were not charged due to their status as monks. Anyone can become a monk. Why would they have a special status that places them above the law?

Weeeeeeeeeell, a politician here, who is in office it seems, can waste folk with a machine gun at lunch. sad.png

There are some very obvious crimes being committed by this super freak monk. And who the hell needs 22 cars? Is that not the ultimate sign of insecurity? Or is this the intimate sign of money laundering? Either way, this guy was up to no good. I am hoping he ends up serving a 20 year sentence, where he will meet new friends. My guess his fellow inmates will not give any special treatment to the false monk.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app