Wearing sunglasses indoors

swerving

Can't see much wrong with wearing shades indoors.

Stevie Wonder did it for years and look at how he turned out...........................thumbsup.gif

Stevie wonder is blind, that's why he wears them. Roy Orbison was not blind and he wore them, but going off topic a bit, when it comes to singing, don't even try to compare Stevie Wonder with Roy Orbison. Sorry, I had to get that in.

What, Ray Charles doesn't get a look in.whistling.gif

Sorry about that, I think Ray was good even though it's not my style of music. I am a country music fan and I know Ray Charles recorded Don Gibson and Hank Williams songs, and he done them well.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do so many Thais and some foreigners insist on wearing sunglasses indoors, paricularly in places like supermarkets?

"OH NO ... how can she wear Green ... it so clashes with her skin colour!

Green was sooooooooo last years colour ... doesn't she know it's Purple this year!

I've got a good mind to go over there and give her a piece of my mind."

How about this simply policy swerving ... let them live their life ... you live your life ... everyones happy and you will enjoy your time in Thailand much, much more.

I totally agree with David48... How about you just quit being a busy body and worrying about what everybody else does and live your own life...

By the way, I wear my shades in stores all the time... Why? Because if I keep them on my face where they belong they don't get lost, dropped or scratched.

I guess you will just have to get over it.

• Like 2

Why do so many Thais and some foreigners insist on wearing sunglasses indoors, paricularly in places like supermarkets?

"OH NO ... how can she wear Green ... it so clashes with her skin colour!

Green was sooooooooo last years colour ... doesn't she know it's Purple this year!

I've got a good mind to go over there and give her a piece of my mind."

How about this simply policy swerving ... let them live their life ... you live your life ... everyones happy and you will enjoy your time in Thailand much, much more.

I totally agree with David48... How about you just quit being a busy body and worrying about what everybody else does and live your own life...

By the way, I wear my shades in stores all the time... Why? Because if I keep them on my face where they belong they don't get lost, dropped or scratched.

I guess you will just have to get over it.

Looks like someone is "too cool for school" fb_sunglasses.png

I thought it was just me that wanted to smack the sunglasses of peoples head in clubs...

I am a very tolerant man, but wearing sunglasses indoors really peeves me off.......

Unless your Bono or Gadaffi, take them off.........

These guy's have earned the right to act like douche bags.......

^^ ... isn't that Lleyton Hewitt on the sidelines at Wimbledon after being being bundled out (again)?

(Limited audience for that assumption)

Hewitt, playing veterans now?

Love his cap though, ATM logo, so nice. :)

• Like 1

Just the opposite in my town. No local to Rhek Thum will wear sunglasses here, even outside in full sun. They will be accused of trying to look HI-SO, trying to look cooler than everyone else! Very strange.

I still wear mine on the scooter, but I do take them off when going into Tesco. Wouldn't want to be accused of trying to be a HI-SO farang.

What is Hi-SO?

This trend was started by Thai celebs who wanted to be incognito whenever they go shopping. So avargae Joe and avergae Jane thought it would be a good idea to copy and look cool, and by extension poeple might think they are a celeb in diguise.

If it was in the daytime that the OP spotted the moslinm-family with sunglasses on I can imagine..........they don't wanna be recognized....it's ramadan and they had nothing to look for a KFC's.

As for all the others...........the best place to keep (sun)glasses is on your nose.....apart from getting temporary "blind" really the best spot!!

Just the opposite in my town. No local to Rhek Thum will wear sunglasses here, even outside in full sun. They will be accused of trying to look HI-SO, trying to look cooler than everyone else! Very strange.

I still wear mine on the scooter, but I do take them off when going into Tesco. Wouldn't want to be accused of trying to be a HI-SO farang.

What is Hi-SO?

This trend was started by Thai celebs who wanted to be incognito whenever they go shopping. So avargae Joe and avergae Jane thought it would be a good idea to copy and look cool, and by extension poeple might think they are a celeb in diguise.

Started by Thai celebs ?

I remember way back in the 80's watching a pro wrestler, Dusty Rhodes, give his spiel where he said, "I was wearing dark glasses in nightclubs before it was fashionable. I was dating two women at the same time before it was fashionable." lol Why that stuck with me for 30 years is a mystery.

Why people who do not wear sunglasses indoor just stop writing here and keep looking ugly as they do since they are born ? It's easy ! Let us look good and at least a lot better than you with our sunglasses ! And anyway I am sure that you wear shorts a Birk German ugly sandals...

But, hey man, I look sooooooooo cool in my shades!

I want you to see me, not me look at your visage.

Wait, I'll take my sunglasses off to see what I've typed......

I have prescription glasses that are dark so I do not have to change so often. I do not need to carry around extra glasses. It has nothing to do with appearance

I have prescription transition lenses - go dark in the sun - go light indoor, and does so rapidly. Only issue is driving as the windscreen filters out the particular light frequency that triggers the light to dark transition so they stay light but this is not a problem for me, might be for others though.

What I find amusing is seeing the compulsive sunnie wearers when they eventually take them off - it's like looking at racoons or pandas in reverse.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gtan-lines.jpg

I'm glad you inserted that photo, I've been looking for my sunnies all day.