Wearing sunglasses indoors

swerving

I think it looks ridiculous.

Then again, if I've had mine on long, I tend to forget taking them off when going inside some shop.

I will almost Always though remove them partly when talking to someone or someone starting to talk to me.

I wear them, outside, for what they are for and also to block bright light, not even sunlight.

Sometimes the light just hurts my eyes, even giving me a headache.

Oh, and mine are cheap ones from 7-11.

Your last sentence is the only stupid one.

Wearing fake glasses put your eyes at risk: being in the dark your pupil open wide and get more UV because your <deleted> plastic glasses do not protect at all.

Buy no-brand glasses at optical shop but with REAL UV protection, not Chinese plastic <deleted>. (see SKYLA optical for cheap no brand real sunglasses...)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it is much better than that silly fashion of wearing glasses with no lense.

Saw it a lot in Korea and each time I saw someone wearing frames with no lense I wanted to poke them in the eye.

post-5463-0-90076100-1373588001_thumb.jp

think they look like idiot when they wear shades inside or outside when there is no reason too but that is just me.

They can wear what they want when they want, makes no real difference to me

There are more pressing thinks that tee me off in this country like food vendors with their digits up their noses or people who do not say thanks when you hold the door open, but the worst is <deleted> who do not wait in line when it is busy

Can't see much wrong with wearing shades indoors.

Stevie Wonder did it for years and look at how he turned out...........................thumbsup.gif

Stevie wonder is blind, that's why he wears them. Roy Orbison was not blind and he wore them, but going off topic a bit, when it comes to singing, don't even try to compare Stevie Wonder with Roy Orbison. Sorry, I had to get that in.

Stevie Wonder did it for years and look at how he turned out...........................thumbsup.gif

Stevie almost gave his game away when he waved back to GWB. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Stevie almost gave his game away when he waved back to GWB. rolleyes.gif

Did GWB know who he was?
  • Like 1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-c-senelick-md/photophobia_b_1598668.html

Why Some People Wear Sunglasses Indoors

John Glenn didn't wear them. Neither Madeline Albright nor Toni Morrison chose to cover their eyes with them. So, why did Bob Dylan wear those ultra-cool aviators to the White House when he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Obama?

But some people have medical reasons -- besides sun protection -- to wear their sunglasses both indoors and out: a condition known as photophobia.

Photophobia: It's Too Bright

Some people have medical and psychiatric conditions in which light causes discomfort in the head or eye. Other people avoid bright lights but don't actually experience any pain. Both of these instances are known as photophobia.

A 2009 study examined 111 adults and 36 children who were seen at a university eye clinic and diagnosed with "photophobia." A cause for this complaint could not be found in most of the children, but the majority of the adults did have a medical reason for their sensitivity to light. These reasons included:

....it winds me up too. Here they come in two categories;

1. Barry Gibb: Medallion, open shirt & a 'welcome mat' stuck to the chest. or

2. Tony Falsetto ('Suprano' for dwarfs!): All in black, hair jel, more bling than Mr T & a smartphone velcroed to their right ear.

smile.png

Number 3 should be those old guys who wear baseball caps indoors. Do you actually think they do not know that WE KNOW they are really bald ??????

Beyond the simple ageism of the starter of this post string....lol....

I work building things on the internet... we work in a room often with the lights off and some even wear sunglasses then... "the dark side." It's not to be cool but if you stare at a computer screen for 12 hours your eyes start to bug, itch and frankly hurt. We hand out eye drops to help keep the eyes moist and reduce the itching. I confess I too wear them sometimes. During the week after working, I always wear them leaving the office unless the sun is down and the light is dim. Its job issue that is common for many web developers, etc.

On the flip side, a moron walking into the grocery shelf is a sight problem, not a sunglasses problem. Get real, you cant see a shadow shape in front of you? Pay attention. It seems like, IMHO, the guy was wearing them to cover his staring at people, not otherwise.

Stevie wonder is blind, that's why he wears them. Roy Orbison was not blind and he wore them, but going off topic a bit, when it comes to singing, don't even try to compare Stevie Wonder with Roy Orbison. Sorry, I had to get that in.

I would neeever try to compare Roy and Stevie....................wink.png

He was blind as well? Just shows you never stop learnin' things................................tongue.png

Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades
Timbuk 3

I study nuclear science
I love my classes
I got a crazy teacher, he wears dark glasses
Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades

@v@:)

• Like 2

As always, folks in BKK may function differently from "la Thailande profonde" but up North I almost never see a Thai wearing sunglasses, indoors or outdoors. Or regular glasses for that matter.

Sunglasses are inherently uncivil as they deny eye-contact -- and since Thais are extremely sensitive to civility, they don't wear them. The mystery is If Thais 'never' wear sunglasses, why are there almost as many "Charoen Optical" shops in Thailand as "SeWen" stores. I always peek into Charoen Optical looking for a customer. Still looking in my bifocals.

• Like 1

Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades

Timbuk 3

I study nuclear science

I love my classes

I got a crazy teacher, he wears dark glasses

Things are going great, and they're only getting better

I'm doing all right, getting good grades

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades

@v@smile.png

thumbsup.gif you got it

GUILTY CONFESSION: I do where them indoors sometimes but only when hangover to hide my eyes as I do look a bit of a state.

I think it's defiantly a fashion statement. I saw a photo on my friends facebook taken back in England, it's at night and they are on a bus facepalm.gifblink.png

OR MAYBE MALES WEAR THEM TO LOOK AT FEMALES WITHOUT THEM NOTICING wink.png I admit I've done that!

image.png

Edited by Neeeko

But some people have medical reasons -- besides sun protection -- to wear their sunglasses both indoors and out: a condition known as photophobia.

Some people have medical and psychiatric conditions in which light causes discomfort in the head or eye. Other people avoid bright lights but don't actually experience any pain. Both of these instances are known as photophobia.

A 2009 study examined 111 adults and 36 children who were seen at a university eye clinic and diagnosed with "photophobia." A cause for this complaint could not be found in most of the children, but the majority of the adults did have a medical reason for their sensitivity to light. These reasons included:

Thank you for this jbrain. I have severe migraines and bright lights (including those in supermarkets) can lead to a painful migraine later in the day. I wear good quality sunglasses and therefore I am not stumbling around like a drunken pirate. Yes, I am resigned to wearing sunglasses indoors, but only because I must. If lights are dim enough in the environment I am in, I am happy to remove them.

Thank you for this jbrain. I have severe migraines and bright lights (including those in supermarkets) can lead to a painful migraine later in the day. I wear good quality sunglasses and therefore I am not stumbling around like a drunken pirate. Yes, I am resigned to wearing sunglasses indoors, but only because I must. If lights are dim enough in the environment I am in, I am happy to remove them.

That's fine, Oryx, wear your sunglasses any time you like. It's not an issue. You never have to apologize or even explain. As to why anyone would start a thread to attack folks like you, ignore them. It's really none of their business.