Ghost Sleep or Fake sleep..

Scottythai

One thing that I have observed quite a few times before but can never quite figure out is the Ghost sleep (what me and my buddy call it) / Fake sleep. Have you ever been on the MRT or BTS and seen people (normally older Thai people) When they sit down they instantly pretend to be sleeping. Close their eyes and chin to chest. But as soon as their stop is there bang eyes open and jump up like they have been wide awake? I guess I just can't figure it out, why pretend to be sleeping. If you don't want to see someone then just don't look at em.

I don't know seems anti social and odd to me. But I suppose no one will ever understands all things of another culture. The other one is the Escalator phobia! Why do people stop at the start of the escalator and try to time it. Wierd

I don't know seems anti social and odd to me. But I suppose no one will ever understands all things of another culture. The other one is the Escalator phobia! Why do people stop at the start of the escalator and try to time it. Wierd

They need to wait until their eyes are open.

For me 5 mins rest can go a long way. Just relaxing nothing anti social about it. Luckily I drive so there for I can get some good sleep in rush hr traffic. I have had mild phobia about escalators I could not explain why. But it can come back from time to time and its hard when need to carry young children

Yes, the escalator thing. Definitely no neurons firing there. I particularly enjoy the escalator bail out. Walk up to the escalator, stop, think about it, then turn around and walk back into the oncoming traffic. I don't want to mention IQ's again, but if you have to get to the point where you are about to step onto an escalator before you realize that you don't want to go to another floor then there really is not a lot going on in your head.

"Nocturnal lagophthalmos (is a condition) in which sufferers do not completely close their eyes while sleeping. This is difficult to discover, as many people don’t know they have it unless someone tells them they are sleeping with their eyes open."

... or in which the person scares the sh-t out of others as they look at him and think he is dead. This is one reason I could never wear contact lenses -- and warn others beforehand that when I sleep I do not always fully close my eyes.