Thai-Visa and the Questions of Farangs

swissie

Your case is BS. How do foreigner related immigration issues and land issues with foreigners (as stated in the OP) classify as 'daily Thai life'.

The first barrier you need to get past is language. It's extremely rare for a Thai to speak English well enough or a foreigner to speak Thai well enough to discuss nuances/details. 90% of what they "know", they really don't know, and even if they had an inkling, the vast majority of them still wouldn't have any practical experience with most of the issues that come up here.

Clearly, language is a problem. (See above). University graduates from BKK after 4 years of english-classes are not capable of forming a sentence that consists of more than 6 words.

On the other hand, a bar-hostess in Pattaya has a richer vocabulary (english), than most university-graduates from a reputable Thai-University.

Again, I rest my case.

Cheers.

Or even an American university.

There are only so many Thai related Topics available, and they have all been done and done and done to death.

Therefore, you get many ( mostly) inane and banal threads in General Topics that in the main, are just mass cyberspace brawls, or a Thai bashing free for all.

I have seen some interesting threads from an OP, but closed as non Thai related, fair enough, it's a Thai related Forum.

Perhaps a sub forum for non Thai related threads ?

There are many sub forums dealing with a multitude of topics, specific themes, there is a lot less animosity in these forums.

General topics............. it's the same stuff done over and over and over ( ad infinitum ) again, most of which I would guess is not based on fact, Troll paradise. smile.png

Yet, I'll wager it's the General Topics forum that generates the most traffic for ThaiVisa.

So, it appears there is a fan base for total rubbish. rolleyes.gif

The news forum is by far and away the busiest forum, if you think this is a war zone then try a week in there. coffee1.gif

Edited by theblether
  • Like 1

Your case is BS. How do foreigner related immigration issues and land issues with foreigners (as stated in the OP) classify as 'daily Thai life'.

The first barrier you need to get past is language. It's extremely rare for a Thai to speak English well enough or a foreigner to speak Thai well enough to discuss nuances/details. 90% of what they "know", they really don't know, and even if they had an inkling, the vast majority of them still wouldn't have any practical experience with most of the issues that come up here.

Clearly, language is a problem. (See above). University graduates from BKK after 4 years of english-classes are not capable of forming a sentence that consists of more than 6 words.

On the other hand, a bar-hostess in Pattaya has a richer vocabulary (english), than most university-graduates from a reputable Thai-University.

Again, I rest my case.

Cheers.

want boom boom :)

Hit the sauce a little heavy tonight? So your thesis would be - why does anyone living in Thailand have any Thailand-related questions, when they can simply ask their wife?

Because everyone's wife is a font of all knowledge on every topic? Bizarre.

Of course not. Only concerning Thai-daily live.

If, some 10 years ago, if I wouldn't have assisted my wife in the "way's europe works", I could have been charged with "mental negligence" .

For sure, the same applies to Farangs in Thailand.

I rest my case.

Cheers.

First ask your Thai wife how many weeks in a year.

Now tell us how much you trust her to know anything about anything?

Thais ladies who marry much older foreigners are often completely uneducated and ignorant.

Great sources of info if you want to plant rice.

Great fun in the shower (or in the bed).

Bugger all use for much of anything else.

Hit the sauce a little heavy tonight? So your thesis would be - why does anyone living in Thailand have any Thailand-related questions, when they can simply ask their wife?

Because everyone's wife is a font of all knowledge on every topic? Bizarre.

Of course not. Only concerning Thai-daily live.

If, some 10 years ago, if I wouldn't have assisted my wife in the "way's europe works", I could have been charged with "mental negligence" .

For sure, the same applies to Farangs in Thailand.

I rest my case.

Cheers.

First ask your Thai wife how many weeks in a year.

Now tell us how much you trust her to know anything about anything?

Thais ladies who marry much older foreigners are often completely uneducated and ignorant.

Great sources of info if you want to plant rice.

Great fun in the shower (or in the bed).

Bugger all use for much of anything else.

Your comment obviously comes from your own choice of female. coffee1.gif

Your comment obviously comes from your own choice of female. coffee1.gif

Did you ask your misses how many weeks in a year?

Did she come from somewhere other that Issan?

I rest my case m'laud.

To be honest I found your post rather insulting towards my wife, hence my reply. To label any female in your way cos she comes from a particular part of Thailand is daft, bit like folk who here say that drivers of Fortuner's all drive like lunatics, which is daft. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

To be honest I found your post rather insulting towards my wife, hence my reply. To label any female in your way cos she comes from a particular part of Thailand is daft, bit like folk who here say that drivers of Fortuner's all drive like lunatics, which is daft. rolleyes.gif

Many men come to Thailand and marry young and uneducated women.

More than 1/2 the Thai population left school at age 13, and never attended high-school.

I'm sorry but,

Why would anyone feel insulted by the truth?

More than 1/2 the Thai population left school at age 13, and never attended high-school.

I'm sorry but,

My wife's father was a school teacher, taught her lots of stuff at home too, so l do not see your point that all females here are numnuts.

I'm sorry but,

My wife's father was a school teacher, taught her lots of stuff at home too, so l do not see your point that all females here are numnuts.

Are you claiming that a person who doesn't know how many weeks there are in a year, is in some way worthy of respect for their high educational achievement and local knowledge?

Are you claiming that a person who doesn't know how many weeks there are in a year, is in some way worthy of respect for their high educational achievement and local knowledge?

Why do you keep going back to how many weeks there are in a year regarding you calling my wife in some way sub normal. ?

Why do you keep going back to how many weeks there are in a year regarding you calling my wife in some way sub normal. ?

Why do you keep insisting my post was about your wife?

(It wasn't)

Go read your posts again. My wife is from Isaan and so is in your written assumption category. My ex UK wife had a good job in a Bank, but, for sure my Isaan wife has much more sense than she ever had.. How do you account for that.. ?

Go read your posts again. My wife is from Isaan and so is in your written assumption category. My ex UK wife had a good job in a Bank, but, for sure my Isaan wife has much more sense than she ever had.. How do you account for that.. ?

Anything is possible, TiT.

I wish you every happiness and success with you lovely (and sensible) Thai wife.

I wish I had one too.

Anything is possible, TiT.

I wish you every happiness and success with you lovely (and sensible) Thai wife.

I wish I had one too.

HUH ... AnotherOneAmerican ... I thought you said that you are 1/2 or 100% Thai ... are you saying that you have a Farang wife?

... or do you have a Thai wife ... just one who, in your opinion, is not un-lovely and/or un-sensible?

Are you Thai or American (USA)?

Signed

Confused ... blink.png

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

no, no, yes

So, no Farang wife

No Thai wife

Yes to the question of "Are you Thai or American (USA)" ... so you were born in Thailand to one Thai parent and now have duel citizenship?

Please expand, so that I am not confused ... facepalm.gif

no, no, yes

So, no Farang wife

No Thai wife

Yes to the question of "Are you Thai or American (USA)" ... so you were born in Thailand to one Thai parent and now have duel citizenship?

Tried an American wife, it ended badly, she got waaaaay too much.

Nearly tried a Thai wife, she wanted waaaaaaay too much.

yes.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Not everyone is married.

Not everyone is married to a Thai.

Not everyone is silly enough to believe what A Thai tells them when they should have said " I don't know".

Anyone that has dealt with immigration know the rules change all the time and officers often don't know the rules.

People like conversation.

Anyway I'm glad your wife can tell you which razor is best on the face. tongue.png

Edited by arthurwait
  • Like 1

no, no, yes

So, no Farang wife

No Thai wife

yes.

And now it is just you and the two cats....laugh.png

• Like 1

no, no, yes

So, no Farang wife

No Thai wife

yes.

And now it is just you and the two cats....laugh.png

And bad memories that he ''thinks'' we all have. Sadly.