Thailand has a new popular sensation - Hitler

Lite Beer

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This journalist criticises the ignorance of Thais yet he himself reveals his own ignorance of history. Where does this "12 million people during the Holocaust" come from? The Holocaust is a reference to the Jewish victims of WW2. Everyone knows the true number as its repeated ad nauseam in the western media. The forgotten victims of Hitler include 20-30 million Russians, 13,684,692 civilian losses according to Wikipedia. How can he be so careless with the facts and then criticise others for ignorance?

The holocaust victims according to some scholars (I actually think this is the more MAINSTREAM view) does NOT only include the Jewish victims although the Jewish victims were the majority.

Please be careful with charges of ignorance when you refer to a point of semantics really:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

Some scholars argue that the mass murder of the Romani and people with disabilities should be included in the definition,[9][10] and some use the common noun "holocaust" to describe other Nazi mass murders, including those of Soviet prisoners of war, Polish and Soviet civilians, and homosexuals.[11][12] Recent estimates based on figures obtained since the fall of the Soviet Union indicates some ten to eleven million civilians and prisoners of war were intentionally murdered by the Nazi regime.[13][14]
Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I never heard of Siam or Thailand in school. There was just an occasional National Geographic article.

The more important point is that the typical Thai doesn't even know there was a second world war. Thailand's part wasn't exactly "face saving", more like "a$$ saving". Ignore it and it will go away mentallity.

Edited by aguy30
  • Like 2

Not many people know that 'Swastika' and 'Sawas Dee Ka' come from the same root. The Nazi's had a strange obsession with Hindu mythology. Contrary to popular belief, 'Aryans' are not blonde haired and blue eyed people, but are in fact the natives of Iran and Afghanistan. 'Iran' is even derived from 'Aryan'.

Of course the average Thai doesn't know any of this. They just see a guy with a funny moustache sticking his arm up.

I don't think the average farong knows it either. I highly doubt Hitler did either or he would not have been big on Aryan supremacy.

Is there a world outside of Thailand for Thais?

Ever meet a Jew in Thailand?

Yes, but they weren't Thai nationals. What else would you expect in a country that is about 95% Buddhist? Most other religions are not followed by Thais. Btw, I have also met some really stupid farang.

Yes I have met a Jew in Thailand,

Have you ever met an Eskimo in Thailand or a Laplander?

edit

Sorry forgot to agree on meeting some pretty stupid farongs in Thailand.

Edited by hellodolly

Russians were Hitler's biggest victims. His plan was to murder 50-60% of them and subject the others to enslavement and deportation to Siberia (google Generalplan Ost).

Yes it is very ironic that neo-Nazis have become so strong in Russia considering what Hitler did to Russia. But the point was about NEO-NAZIS and I wanted to connect the topic of Hitler and Nazis to ASIANS (thus Thais), and what's happening in Russia does that.

For any ignorant Thais who think Nazism and the worship of Hitler has nothing to do with Asians and Thais, well, they are wrong. It was a WHITE SUPREMACIST movement. Thais are not white people.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Let this be a lesson to the world, about the true mentality and the lack of respect many Thais have for foreigners, countries and cultures. However, this is an excellent opportunity for business investment as one can see, simple minds can easily be manipulated.

If any one knows any thing at all about The Thai education system they will realize it has nothing to do with the Thai mentality,

That is just out and out Thai bashing.

It is more to do with their education system.

How much knowledge did you have of the Thai's role in WW2 in your foreign education.

In mine American I had none.

Thailand welcomed Japanese troops into their country and allowed them to run pow camps in kanchanaburi. Then, they later sided with the Americans to stop the spread of communism. They join the money, wherever that comes from

You are partially correct, I know that now but I did not learn of it in my 64 years in North America. It was not an Item it was always the Japanese against the Americans. A friend of mine grew up in Canada and he was telling me that all his knowledge in school was the same as mine as they were using American history books.

When I said partially correct I was referring to the POW camps. For the building of the railroad to Burma the camps were run by Koreans and on completion turned over to the Japanese.

There is a plaque in one of the cemeteries there telling about this it also said the living conditions improved when the rail road was done and /the Japanese took over the POW camps.

Jews were very clearly not the majority of Nazi civilian casualties.

I didn't say what you accuse me of saying. I was talking only about the HOLOCAUST not ALL civilian dead. Such as including the Romani people, the homosexuals, the disabled, etc. all mass murdered in the same way as the Jews. Of that class of victims, the mainstream estimates are 6 million Jews, 5 million non-Jews. So that is the majority of the HOLOCAUST victims being Jewish, not ALL war dead, OK? You first stated the holocaust was only Jews and that assertion is controversial and I think the more mainstream counting includes non-Jews. Again, NOT talking about total war dead from all causes. I hope this is clear now.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Russians were Hitler's biggest victims. His plan was to murder 50-60% of them and subject the others to enslavement and deportation to Siberia (google Generalplan Ost).

Yes it is very ironic that neo-Nazis have become so strong in Russia considering what Hitler did to Russia. But the point was about NEO-NAZIS and I wanted to connect the topic of Hitler and Nazis to ASIANS (thus Thais), and what's happening in Russia does that.

For any ignorant Thais who think Nazism and the worship of Hitler has nothing to do with Asians and Thais, well, they are wrong. It was a WHITE SUPREMACIST movement. Thais are not white people.

What would have happened if Germany and Japan had won the war?

Japanese are not white.

• Like 2

Japanese are not white.

The Japanese would have become the master race of all of Asia, treating all other Asian people as their slaves. That was the model they were beginning in the war.

As most people know Asian people are quite often extremely racist BETWEEN different ethnicities of Asian people.

Edited by Jingthing

Japanese are not white.

Their alliance was simply a means to obtain the end result. Neither would have wanted to tolerate and share the world with the other. Probably would have resulted in an ultimate war between them for total world supremacy.

• Like 1

Neo-Nazis, especially in Russia who directly associate themselves with Hitler and the Nazi symbols, hate Asians. They target them for random attacks on the streets, even murder. In the white dominated parts of Russia such as Moscow, non-whites must stay indoors during the anniversary of Hitler's birthday. Anyone who is not white is a potential target. More than half of the active Neo-Nazis in the world are in Russia.

Are Thai people not Asians? coffee1.gif

Hitler and Nazis are not a joke.

They are not fashion.

Many Thais do not consider them selves, Asian. Cambodians, Loations and Myanmar are Asian

Thais are Thai and only ever fly on THAI

SHHH, don't embarrass yourself.

I didn't say what you accuse me of saying. I was talking only about the HOLOCAUST not ALL civilian dead. Such as including the Romani people, the homosexuals, the disabled, etc. all mass murdered in the same way as the Jews. Of that class of victims, the mainstream estimates are 6 million Jews, 5 million non-Jews. So that is the majority of the HOLOCAUST victims being Jewish, not ALL war dead, OK? You first stated the holocaust was only Jews and that assertion is controversial and I think the more mainstream counting includes non-Jews. Again, NOT talking about total war dead from all causes. I hope this is clear now.

So what qualifies as a "Holocaust victim"? "The Holocaust" includes all Jewish fatalities in Nazi-occupied Europe - including Jewish military casualties. But Ukrainian child starved to death by the Nazis is not a "Holocaust victim". It's not a morally valid distinction.

So, so many Thais are just clueless about history and perceptions beyond the borders of their little Thailand universe.

I'll wager that few know that their Nipponese visitors killed 300,000 Asian folk in trying to build a railway in their country. Few would know and appreciate that their country was freed by the Allies. I have never come across reports of brothels being set up for the use of occupation troops and manned by Thai ladies, but I'm sure that some existed.

• Like 2

So what qualifies as a "Holocaust victim"? "The Holocaust" includes all Jewish fatalities in Nazi-occupied Europe - including Jewish military casualties. But Ukrainian child starved to death by the Nazis is not a "Holocaust victim". It's not a morally valid distinction.

This is a specialized discussion and going way to far off topic. Refer to the wiki link for a start. Not all scholars agree on the definitions. With so many millions dead, there is never going to be perfect precision on these matters.

It's written by a Jew also. you can easily download the book in a minute.

So it's more special because a Jew wrote it? Interesting. Do people imagine Jews are a big blob of sameness or something?

If this forum is to be used a reference, then it can easily be assumed that people have far more imagination than intelligence.

• Like 1

I take and support your point but I think you'll find that Stalin stripped the Ukraine of anything edible and left the population to starve or freeze to death. The Ukranians still remember and will not easily forget.

• Like 2

Japanese are not white.

The Japanese would have become the master race of all of Asia, treating all other Asian people as their slaves. That was the model they were beginning in the war.

As most people know Asian people are quite often extremely racist BETWEEN different ethnicities of Asian people.

That does not answer the question the Germans were white supremest and the Japanese are not white. They were both at the time countries all geared up for war. Hitler wanted world domination.

That does not answer the question the Germans were white supremest and the Japanese are not white. They were both at the time countries all geared up for war. Hitler wanted world domination.

Nobody knows for sure what would have happened if the Axis powers won the war. OK?

Personally I doubt the Germans had the bandwidth to rule the entire planet with their master race and do think they would have kept the alliance with Japan.

Edited by Jingthing

History education in Thailand is appalling, even in the foreign schools here. This is one part of the problem. Added to that Thais in general do not like to read unless there are plenty of pictures. Why this is I don't know. I can only put it down to their insular mindset and a lack of desire to learn from the outside world.

Mongkut, Thailand's genius king, would be horrified.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

I think now that the Hitler in Thailand genie is out of the bottle and more young Thais realize what a powerful HOT BUTTON this is for many foreigners, it's probably safe to assume we're going to see MUCH MORE of this in future. Unless you think the Thai educational system is actually going to take action about this ... care to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1