Honda 4cyl 650cc....?

karlos

I was talking with some Thai friends a few weeks back and while chatting about bikes my friend (an engineer at Honda Lat Krabang) told me that Honda are producing a 650cc inline 4 bike......
Of course I didn't believe him, thinking to myself he must have drunk too much honey and lemon Oishi.
As the conversation started to head south, in defense the guy showed us all pictures of the Engine assembly line, sure enough there he was standing next to a 4cyl Honda engine inside Lat Krabang's plant.....
Obviously he wasn't supposed to show the picture, so I dare not ask him to bluetooth it to me for future reference.
Does anyone else have any info on this.
He also assured me it would be available for sale in Thailand and not only for export.
These Kawasaki / Honda battles are helping to produce some variety within in Thailand’s big bike market, I hope others join the game soon :)

• Like 1

sports use, going head to head with the Ninja650....
An inline four sounds good to me and if i had a chocie between my 2012 two pot or a inline 4 from Honda i think i'd be riding something other than a green bike right now :D

An inline four sounds good to me and if i had a chocie between my 2012 two pot or a inline 4 from Honda i think i'd be riding something other than a green bike right now biggrin.png

That would be interesting! Wonder what frame/suspension they will use???

An inline four sounds good to me and if i had a choice between my 2012 two pot or a inline 4 from Honda i think i'd be riding something other than a green bike right now biggrin.png

That would be interesting! Wonder what frame/suspension they will use???

If it is a 650 it is probably not going to be a RR type version.

Which begs the question why even worry about working out a 650 4cyl when they have a very good 600 4 cyl designed already ?

Probably some kind of CBR 650F type model or maybe something more naked?

I guess they are looking to top Kawasaki's 650 range.
As good as Honda's new 500 (470cc) range is for the price, they still aren't any where near the 650 and to be fair people in other threads shouldn't be comparing them in the first place :)

• Like 1

As good as Honda's new 500 (470cc) range is for the price, they still aren't any where near the 650 and to be fair people in other threads shouldn't be comparing them in the first place :)

Maybe they are anticipating and countering Kawasakis new Z800.... first inline 4 made in Thailand...

I could believe it on grounds that the Japanese bike makers quite often follow similar strategies so the fact that Kawa makes one would almost be enough reason for Honda to make one too... so a bike to go head to head with the Z800 and the Ducati Monster 795? It will def. be more expensive than a Ninja 650....

Whole-heartedly agree. Tested the CBX500. Its a fine bike on its own but does not compare with the Versys 650.... which is also 100k Baht more expensive. You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

80bhp would be about right and only 17bhp behind their CBR600RR

Should be interesting, i'd also like to know more about the rest of the bike, when i bump into my mate again i'll ask him smile.png

Pictures please!

With reports of some of the Big Wing's service thus far, it would be a bit of a painful duty giving them your proper bike to work on, as they pick their nose and hang-up the phone on you.

Impossible, everyone knows that buying an official, Thai made bike/car is a guarantee of instantly available spares and first class service with a smile.

They only tax the imports so heavily so you don't have to find out how bad they are in comparison to locally made models. Awfully gracious of them if you ask me :)

With reports of some of the Big Wing's service thus far, it would be a bit of a painful duty giving them your proper bike to work on, as they pick their nose and hang-up the phone on you.

Impossible, everyone knows that buying an official, Thai made bike/car is a guarantee of instantly available spares and first class service with a smile.

They only tax the imports so heavily so you don't have to find out how bad they are in comparison to locally made models. Awfully gracious of them if you ask me smile.png

Your a cunny funt!

This is only valid for the Chiang Mai branch apparently.

No problems whatsoever in Bangkok, but of course you would know since you own a Honda bought at Big Wing and you had it serviced a couple of times there already, no? whistling.gif

This is only valid for the Chiang Mai branch apparently.

No problems whatsoever in Bangkok, but of course you would know since you own a Honda bought at Big Wing and you had it serviced a couple of times there already, no? whistling.gif

Thankfully not. Dealing with my Western dealer is much nicer. biggrin.png

Anyway, weren't BW BKK refusing to do the 1000km service because they were completely overwhelmed and were putting people on a 1 month waiting list, so they couldn't ride their new bike without voiding the warranty.

And BW Udon Thani putting in way too much oil while prepping them for sale.

Is the 4 month wait for basic parts only in CM then? That's odd.

All new 500's needing new shims at the first service (hardly BW fault, but still connected)

First one makes you question the overall management, second makes you think about what sort of fools they have employed to work on the bikes.

Then you have the lad in CM waiting for months while they stand around picking their nose and hanging up the phone on him.

Hardly confidence inspiring, unfortunately. I'd love decent, competent, well managed dealerships with staff who know and care about bikes as much as any one, but unfortunately wishing for it doesn't make it happen, even if it does have a big global Brand Name sign above the doors.

Edited by Salapoo

I am unfortunately another victim of Big Wing CM. Though my wait on parts is only 6 weeks so far...

Definitely has me considering switching to Kawasaki come time to upgrade.

I thought the wait on the CBR250's oil filter was a pain when released. :D

Took about 6 months, by which time we had all gone to Kawasaki and bought the ninja 250 one as it was the same size.

Back when I was a foolhardy youth in Melbourne the Honda (Kawasaki, Yamaha) dealer would always say 2 weeks for the parts, then when you went back 2 weeks later "The boat has been delayed, it will be 2 weeks", then at the end of 2 weeks it would be "The boat was diverted to Perth....it will be another 2 weeks"! At least in LOS they tell you straight up it's 6 weeks!

Went over to Suzuki and if they couldn't get it in 2 weeks they would air freight it from Japan.

The oil is put into the bike at the factory not at the dealer.

If a bike was supplied with excess oil who would you put your money on adding extra oil? The factory or the dealer?

• Like 1

The oil is put into the bike at the factory not at the dealer.

If a bike was supplied with excess oil who would you put your money on adding extra oil? The factory or the dealer?

When did that happen?