registry missing or corrupt

bow

It has all the signs of a successful virus attack.

When I try to open windows 8 I just get - windows cannot open, registry missing or corrupt.

When I google my little problem I just get suggestions assuming that I can open windows at least a little bit.

In my dreams there is a program that I can download to my usb drive. This program would then automatically jump into my computer when I plug in the usb and fix the problem.

?

The Windows installation disk will probably be able to fix this issue smile.png

Don't have one? Does your machine have a recovery partition?

Thanks.

No disk, partition - probably not - do you know how I can find out ?

It seems to be more complicated then a crashed windows.

The computer quickly becomes very hot. I can't think of any reason why the computer should get hot when nothing is working on it.

Also, the computer seems to have lost the ability to read a dvd. The dvd drive notice that there is a disk, but the computer doesn't start reading from it.

The wife's computer had the same issue. I tried the F8 trick but still couldn't start it in safe mode. And it seemed to be awfully hot after only a few minutes running.

Took it to Tuk Com and they replaced the video controller - 3,000B. They reckoned this was the issue - it had cooked, although I initially had my doubts. All fixed though. They said it was because the machine was getting too hot, so I bought one of those fan thingies and it keeps cool now.

My own laptop was also shutting down automatically once or twice a day. I then realised it was due to overheating so I got a fan for underneath it as well - never shuts down now, so I assume it was also getting too hot for comfort.